• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Um...

I was checking out the Tips in the NA Smash Bros. Demo, and this came up:

Items

Assist Trophy: Kunckle Joe

A fighter sporting a bandanna. After a rapid-fire attack, Knuckle Joe will unleash Smash Punch of Rising Break, both very powerful moves.

---

Depending on how you look at that, it can become very bad for Bandana Dee.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Um...

Items

A fighter sporting a bandanna. After a rapid-fire attack, Knuckle Joe will unleash Smash Punch of Rising Break, both very powerful moves.

---

I don't see how this is relevant. It is stating his appearance, which he does have a Bandana.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Um...

Items

---

Zomg another character has a Bandana, Bandana Dee deconfirmed, that's the thing with most of us is we jump to too many conclusions.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Um...

Items

---

Uhhhh how? x_x I don't think so at all. If Bandana Dee isn't in it's certainly not because of Knuckle Joe.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
you think cross platform hidden character unlocks are possible?
I hope. I'm feeling a little odd here. It seems that all those character reveal trailers we saw hinted at another character that did end up being confirmed in or as an unlockable. Palutena Trailer had Dark Pit and he actually ended up being his own character. Pac-man had Game & Watch at the end and he did indeed end up coming back...

Xenoblade Chronicles had that enemy's shadow at the end of the Trailer.... what's up with that? Does that mean that guy is a character? Seems odd for it to get two reps but it would break the pattern of all the other vids. What if there are more characters unlockable when you purchase both versions? I dunno...

Burruni

Smash Hero
I hope. I'm feeling a little odd here. It seems that all those character reveal trailers we saw hinted at another character that did end up being confirmed in or as an unlockable. Palutena Trailer had Dark Pit and he actually ended up being his own character. Pac-man had Game & Watch at the end and he did indeed end up coming back...

Xenoblade Chronicles had that enemy's shadow at the end of the Trailer.... what's up with that? Does that mean that guy is a character? Seems odd for it to get two reps but it would break the pattern of all the other vids. What if there are more characters unlockable when you purchase both versions? I dunno...
"All those character reveal trailers"
:4villager::4megaman::4wiifit: didn't to any extent
:rosalina: just had core Mario Kart characters and :4kirby:.
:4littlemac:focused slightly on :4samus: but was otherwise "generic" on characters used
:4greninja: hinted to whom? Mewtwo because his hands slightly looked like Mewtwo's?
:4mii: barely showed off THEM in their trailer, let alone anyone else. Unless you count the Amiibo function
:4robinm::4robinf:+:4lucina: introduced :4falcon:and deconfirmed Chrom. No other real hints to a character.
:4shulk: teased Metal Face, but not even Ridley-tier shadow size "math" can argue that was of someone who was meant to be teased as anything else than a stage boss.

Solely :4palutena:and :4pacman: teased characters we hadn't seen. And only one of these two were a newcomer.

Unless you saw something I didn't.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I feel Bandanna Dee is a strong contender for DLC. Return to Dream Land sold over 800K in Japan, and his spear moveset in that game is basically the blueprints to a potential Smash Bros. one (recovery move is already there). There is also the fact the character is going to have a major role in Rainbow Curse, which means Bandanna Dee Smash 4 DLC could potentially be used to cross-promote Rainbow Curse.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
IM SORRY FOR ANYBODY WITH OCD BUT MARIO AND PIKACHUS NAMES AREN'T STRAIGHT ACROSS LIKE OTHER CHARACTERS ON THE CSS IT'S ANGLED DOWN SLIGHTLY

BOTH DMEO AND FINAL VERSION

AHHHGF SAKURAI WHY

---

0 TO DEATH DEDEDE COMBO HOLY CRAP

Not quite, considering Jr. jumped right into the attack, but impressive nonetheless.

Yeah, Metal Face is pretty much going to be a boss. He's HUGE, probably bigger then Ridley. And there's like six other characters from Xenoblade that'd make more sense then him. Like Melia, second most important player character.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I feel Bandanna Dee is a strong contender for DLC. Return to Dream Land sold over 800K in Japan, and his spear moveset in that game is basically the blueprints to a potential Smash Bros. one (recovery move is already there). There is also the fact the character is going to have a major role in Rainbow Curse, which means Bandanna Dee Smash 4 DLC could potentially be used to cross-promote Rainbow Curse.
I hope you are right, Chrono.
I honestly don't know what to think anymore, Sakurai is just unpredictable.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
"All those character reveal trailers"
:4villager::4megaman::4wiifit: didn't to any extent
:rosalina: just had core Mario Kart characters and :4kirby:.
:4littlemac:focused slightly on :4samus: but was otherwise "generic" on characters used
:4greninja: hinted to whom? Mewtwo because his hands slightly looked like Mewtwo's?
:4mii: barely showed off THEM in their trailer, let alone anyone else. Unless you count the Amiibo function
:4robinm::4robinf:+:4lucina: introduced :4falcon:and deconfirmed Chrom. No other real hints to a character.
:4shulk: teased Metal Face, but not even Ridley-tier shadow size "math" can argue that was of someone who was meant to be teased as anything else than a stage boss.

Solely :4palutena:and :4pacman: teased characters we hadn't seen. And only one of these two were a newcomer.

Unless you saw something I didn't.
Figured the Greninja trailer confirmed Charizard as returning. Lucina trailer confirmed Captain Falcon same as how Pac-man Confirmed G&W.

I dunno. I doubt that Metalface is going to be a character cause he's huge... but I don't think he was seen at all in the 3DS version. Are boss characters JUST in the Wii U version?

Maikou

Smash Ace
Figured the Greninja trailer confirmed Charizard as returning. Lucina trailer confirmed Captain Falcon same as how Pac-man Confirmed G&W.

I dunno. I doubt that Metalface is going to be a character cause he's huge... but I don't think he was seen at all in the 3DS version. Are boss characters JUST in the Wii U version?
No, the Yellow Devil appears in Mega Man's stage on both versions of the game. Sakurai said so in the Pic of the Day that showed it off. Sakurai wants the two games to be as close as possible so 3DS-only users don't feel like they're missing out with the Wii U, while still giving unique things to both version to make a good balance of like vs unalike. The Wii U will have some equivalent to Smash Run, though it won't just be something like a giant improvement bundle.

By the way, anyone else noticed the thread still isn't locked? Tell me I didn't just jinx it..........

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Its looking fantastic for dlc

Still nobody found bandana dees trophy. (Eventhough trophys don't necessary deconfirm characters.)
Name a single instance of a character having a stand-alone trophy and being playable. Just one.

Exactly. You can't. I know there's hopefuls for DLC and whatnot, but understand that seeing a Bandana Waddle Dee trophy is not something to simply brush off. No news is the only good news for Bandana at this point.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The ride never ends, folks.

LET US RETURN TO SPECULATION!

(And even if BWD gets a Wii U trophy, he's still not outright disconfirmed for DLC!)

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
What? We are back? :D

Yay! But seriously. How can we have gone this long without anything for him?!?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Bandana Waddle Dee would be an awesome addition. I still support him even if my smash hype is officially gone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The threads! They're open! Oh sweet joy! I am back in my old home for Bandana Dee!

Now we must hope and pray that we will get DeeLC.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-characters-discussion-re-opened.367102/

And he's been moreso on consoles, so him getting a Wii U trophy... makes sense, you know?
Well, if we are getting technical, I think it might actually be equalish. Depend on how you want to look at it.

He first showed up in Superstar and had a major role in Return yes.

But he has had appearances in Ultra, Triple Deluxe, and mass attack as well. The former being more major roles for him.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ Chandeelure Chandeelure
We're back in business, thread and all! (I even changed the title!)

So, to start our discussion, what's your opinion on what or when BWD would be DLC?

D

Deleted member

@ Chandeelure Chandeelure
We're back in business, thread and all! (I even changed the title!)

So, to start our discussion, what's your opinion on what or when BWD would be DLC?
I can't think of a "when" just yet. We just need to hope that he gets planned as DLC to begin with. I must say that I was quite impressed that he dodged even more bullets today.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Yay, we're back!

I think Bandana Dee should be released as DLC when Rainbow Curse released, to promote the game. This could also include a Rainbow Curse inspired stage, and possibly some new Rainbow Curse items or something.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I will say, it's good that it looks like he won't be a stage hazard or anything too harmful on the road to DLC. A trophy would still be nice. :3

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Yay, we're back!

I think Bandana Dee should be released as DLC when Rainbow Curse released, to promote the game. This could also include a Rainbow Curse inspired stage, and possibly some new Rainbow Curse items or something.
Hahah, modern Kirby game stages. With Sakurai's pattern of beating on his accomplishments, I dunno. I can't help but be skeptical. It would be a good idea for the release of the game.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hahah, modern Kirby game stages. With Sakurai's pattern of beating on his accomplishments, I dunno. I can't help but be skeptical. It would be a good idea for the release of the same.
I kind of agree with this.

I'd just think he'd throw in FOD HD, instead of anything stage related from RTDL, its clear that at this point sakurai only will do his classic kirby stuff, but he cant ignore BD's popularity so i hope thats enough to get him noticed.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Hahah, modern Kirby game stages. With Sakurai's pattern of beating on his accomplishments, I dunno. I can't help but be skeptical. It would be a good idea for the release of the same.
I still believe that we'll get a modern Kirby stage soon, either in the Wii U version or as DLC included in some pack. I don't think Sakurai would disrespect HAL so much as to refuse to include any modern Kirby content in Smash, especially considering he told them to work on newer games.

Also, we got a Lor Starcutter trophy confirmation during the Smash Direct today, so there's that.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Honestly, I'm just ticked at everything right now. We can HOPE for DLC, but Sakurai won't have any of it. He's too busy ****ing over the 3DS players like myself. Dark Pit is a clone for not reason Smash 3DS is treated like a demo for the Wii U version. So ****ing much for similar experiances Sakurai. Might as well make everyone trip every five dashes if you're so intent on trolling me so hard you ****ing jerk!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I still believe that we'll get a modern Kirby stage soon, either in the Wii U version or as DLC included in some pack. I don't think Sakurai would disrespect HAL so much as to refuse to include any modern Kirby content in Smash.

Also, we got a Lor Starcutter trophy confirmation during the Smash Direct today, so there's that.
Sakurai has no problem including something in the form of stickers and music for other HAL games but when it comes to the meaty stuff, his record does show a level of high exclusion. The only big thing I can give him props for acknowledging is Kirby's FS.

You certainly are more optimistic than I am. If another stages shows up I will be more impressed, but until then, I can't be faulted for my impression given by his decisions. I'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion

Our boy Bandana Dee is still in the running!

DeeLC coming 2015/2016?

Top Bottom