• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Squeak Squad isn't my favorite Kirby game at all but it's good. It's just the most uninspired Kirby game. It tried to do power combos but really half heartedly. FIRE PLUS SWORD = FIRE SWORD, WOAAH -_- It did nothing new with powers like DL3, KSS, or K64 tbh. It also didn't even at least bother doing something different with level layout like Amazing Mirror, either. It was super lack luster. It's a fine game for people new to Kirby but as someone waiting for a new Kirby game I was really disappointed. If you like Kirby's Adventure, than you'd like it since it feels like an expanded and fancy version. Standard linear platforming experience, powers with one moves, collection.

I like Squeak Squad but I still feel it's the only Kirby game I'd call an actual uninspired rehash.

It gave us Daroach though. Daroach is cool.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Squeak Squad isn't my favorite Kirby game at all but it's good. It's just the most uninspired Kirby game. It tried to do power combos but really half heartedly. FIRE PLUS SWORD = FIRE SWORD, WOAAH -_- It did nothing new with powers like DL3, KSS, or K64 tbh. It also didn't even at least bother doing something different with level layout like Amazing Mirror, either. It was super lack luster. It's a fine game for people new to Kirby but as someone waiting for a new Kirby game I was really disappointed. If you like Kirby's Adventure, than you'd like it since it feels like an expanded and fancy version. Standard linear platforming experience, powers with one moves, collection.

I like Squeak Squad but I still feel it's the only Kirby game I'd call an actual uninspired rehash.

Yeah, I thought it was a little bleh too. I personally was bothered that each ability only had one, or on a rare occasion, two. I was also kind of bothered that there was one ability out of the two given at mini-bosses that could actually defeat them. The other one literally hardly did anything because you would lose within 5 seconds.

Daroach 2nd favorite villain next to King Dedede, I liked all the stories he would tell on ship in Kirby's Mass Attack.

Like: "I wish I could get my hands on one of those Nintendo 3DS systems. Seems like they're worth their weight in gold."

They knew...

Overall, I think it's a decent game but not my favorite.

(Daroach should come back in the next game)

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I like the squeaks as noble thieves more then as straight antagonists. Being anti-villains contrasts nicely with Meta-Knight the anti-hero.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Light a sword on fire and see what it gives you. I agree that Squeak Squad isn't my favorite Kirby, third favorite actually. I feel like Squeak Squad perfected the 2D Kirby formula. Return perfected the multiplayer and Deluxe perfected the 2.5D, although that was the first time it was tried. Say, wouldn't Return to Dreamland be 2Dee?! Hahaha. I'm sorry. Ahem, yes however, Squeak Squad can at least say that it tried something new. I always thought the Copy Combos from Crystal Shards was interesting, and this was the only game that tried anything remotely similar to it. Most Kirby games reuse assets from other Kirbys. Hell, Return was pretty much a celebration of everything Kirby. You can't really criticize a Kirby game for reusing elements.
And plus, the story was Kirby going on a genocidal rampage because someone took his cake! How could you not like it? And yes, Daroach. Daroach was cool.

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
I like squeak squad. The problem I really have with it is since the chests have cool stuff in them and since I like cool stuff, I get super paranoid that I missed one whenever I play a new level.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I get the feeling that Kirby just described them, and she drew them based off of what she knows of dreamlanders from Kirby and Dee, and worked out the details from there. That's brilliant!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Turbo Super Smash Bros. All Stars Battle Royale At The Olympic Games HD Remix & Knuckles? ...............................................................................................................................................Um...Fox's face on the Wii Fit Trainers body is funny. They probably have the same voice actor anyway. :p I guess this means Cooking Mama is confirmed as a swappable character with Bandana Dee. I'm kidding. That would be weird. (Although I may or may not be kidding about Fox and Wii Fit Trainer having the same voice actors. :p)

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Light a sword on fire and see what it gives you. I agree that Squeak Squad isn't my favorite Kirby, third favorite actually. I feel like Squeak Squad perfected the 2D Kirby formula. Return perfected the multiplayer and Deluxe perfected the 2.5D, although that was the first time it was tried. Say, wouldn't Return to Dreamland be 2Dee?! Hahaha. I'm sorry. Ahem, yes however, Squeak Squad can at least say that it tried something new. I always thought the Copy Combos from Crystal Shards was interesting, and this was the only game that tried anything remotely similar to it. Most Kirby games reuse assets from other Kirbys. Hell, Return was pretty much a celebration of everything Kirby. You can't really criticize a Kirby game for reusing elements.
And plus, the story was Kirby going on a genocidal rampage because someone took his cake! How could you not like it? And yes, Daroach. Daroach was cool.
Kirby games always reuse something but also add something new. KSS had multi-moves, varied platforming experiences, first non linear experiences, Guarding, and the introduction of boss rush.

Dreamland 2+3 introduced friends

Kirby 64 had power combining

Amazing Mirror first non linear whole game experience, and some kind of attempt at GBA multplayer.... that I don't know anyone had tried lol

Return to Dreamland had 4 player console game

Triple Deluxe had multiplanes and introduced evasion

Squeak Squad didn't really introduce much other than messing with the environment a bit and in all honesty I can't remember messing with it much. Burning grass was a thing?

I'm not dissing on it, just that in comparison to all the games, it didn't introduce much. I mean I"m glad it tried to attempt power combos but... it was kind of lack luster. I was expecting more. It's solid but not fresh enough imo.

edit: Actually Squeak Squad did introduce item storage which was only ever brought back in Triple Deluxe (same with the environment thing) I don't personally feel these things to be major franchise milestones but interesting I suppose non the less. I certainly enjoyed the features most in Triple Deluxe but it's also a more recent and fonder experience for me right now.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Kirby games always reuse something but also add something new. KSS had multi-moves, varied platforming experiences, first non linear experiences, Guarding, and the introduction of boss rush.

Dreamland 2+3 introduced friends and the creative art styles (pencil -> paint -> yarn -> clay...)

Kirby 64 had power combining

Amazing Mirror first non linear whole game experience, and some kind of attempt at GBA multplayer.... that I don't know anyone had tried lol

Return to Dreamland had 4 player console game

Triple Deluxe had multiplanes and introduced evasion

Squeak Squad didn't really introduce much other than messing with the environment a bit and in all honesty I can't remember messing with it much. Burning grass was a thing?

I'm not dissing on it, just that in comparison to all the games, it didn't introduce much. I mean I"m glad it tried to attempt power combos but... it was kind of lack luster. I was expecting more. It's solid but not fresh enough imo.

edit: Actually Squeak Squad did introduce item storage which was only ever brought back in Triple Deluxe (same with the environment thing) I don't personally feel these things to be major franchise milestones but interesting I suppose non the less. I certainly enjoyed the features most in Triple Deluxe but it's also a more recent and fonder experience for me right now.
For the first time I fully agree with you on something! :088:
I thought exactly the same thing when I played it. Also the movesets, controls and physics of the abilities were a lot better in the prequel Amazing Mirror (I think that Amazing Mirror is the game that featured the best gameplay and controls for the abilities, of every Kirby game).

Squeak Squad introduced some small concepts (item storing and bubbles, playing with the environment -not too much though- , controlling enemies as ghost Kirby -useless after you already finished the game-, the sidequest of finding the ghosts, and skippable bosses -seriously?-), but they were minor things with small impact on the overall experience.
The game itself looked like a watered down Nightmare in Dreamland, with the same questionable art style and a weak story.
Anyway Daroach is awesome, possibly it's the only thing that I enjoyed of the game.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
For the first time I fully agree with you on something! :088:
I thought exactly the same thing when I played it. Also the movesets, controls and physics of the abilities were a lot better in the prequel Amazing Mirror (I think that Amazing Mirror is the game that featured the best gameplay and controls for the abilities, of every Kirby game).

Squeak Squad introduced some small concepts (item storing and bubbles, playing with the environment -not too much though- , controlling enemies as ghost Kirby -useless after you already finished the game-, the sidequest of finding the ghosts, and skippable bosses -seriously?-), but they were minor things with small impact on the overall experience.
The game itself looked like a watered down Nightmare in Dreamland, with the same questionable art style and a weak story.
Anyway Daroach is awesome, possibly it's the only thing that I enjoyed of the game.
I don't know that I agree with you on Amazing Mirror being the game with the best control for abilities but I suppose that's a matter of taste. I'm sure people have their own way of wanting to move and attack and their own opinion on how tight it feels. However Amazing Mirror is... AMAZING. I do like a non-linear experiences (Sometimes. I don't always replay non linear games very often but I guess they make up for it by having a lot of adventure. Thus when I'm done, I'm VERY SATISFIED. I did feel very satisfied after beating the game even if I didn't replay it as often. It's a good feeling).

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Overall, Squeak Squad was pretty weak. Which is a shame, because it did have a lot of polish in little areas here and there that really need to come back.

Here's a list of everything off the top of my head:
1. Abilites that can be upgraded with new... abilities.
2. The power to store abilities and items for later at will.
3. Animal and Ghost Kirby.
4. The abilities having cute, unique idle animations.
5. Abilities and the environment effecting each other, cutting/burning grass, freezing lava/water, powering up wheel/tornado.
6. Mixing and matching ability attributes. Even if it's not 64 level mixing, adding an elemental attribute to another ability is pretty cool, especially in conjunction with the environment stuff above.
7. A fullgame Helper to Hero mode where you play through the whole game with one character and their ability. Whoops. Started listing stuff that needs to be in new Kirby games instead of stuff that needs to come back from Squeak Squad.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Turbo Super Smash Bros. All Stars Battle Royale At The Olympic Games HD Remix & Knuckles? ...............................................................................................................................................Um...Fox's face on the Wii Fit Trainers body is funny. They probably have the same voice actor anyway. :p I guess this means Cooking Mama is confirmed as a swappable character with Bandana Dee. I'm kidding. That would be weird. (Although I may or may not be kidding about Fox and Wii Fit Trainer having the same voice actors. :p)
Oh God, don't even bring up Fox's voice. "FEEIRRE!" "LENDMESDURR!".
That looks like a leak from this.

Featuring Mike Tyson.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Anyone else prefer how Dedede looks in Smash 4 over his actual appearance in current Kirby games?

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Thanks for your birthday wishes everyone! :colorful:

For this birthday, I finally got the Rainbow Curse! I also got MM 3d and a Sheik amiibo

20150302_153500.jpg

Also got the whole Hyrule Warriors DLC pack.
You're right @ kirby_queen kirby_queen I really wish I wish I can focus on the TV. The graphics are so good. And the music is absolutely amazing!

Something else I liked about Squeak Squad
I still need to get the DS games. Only one I had was Mass Attack and it was a blast but I dropped under the car seat.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I'm playing kirby and the rainbow curse atm, pretty fun. I love the art, and some of the levels are frustrating only because I bump the scren with my palm and it draws crazy zig zags across the screen, and it messes me up. Besides that, its a load of fun.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think more games should have a Birthday feature. Pokémon does it, but that's about it. Even if it's just aesthetic.
There's Animal Crossing, of course, and the characters in Fire Emblem: Awakening will greet you in the Barracks with nice messages if it's your birthday. :3

Top Bottom