• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

What's your opinion about the Rhythm Heaven symbol "leak"?

Do you think DLC in general is likely thanks to it?
I am unsure to be honest.
The emblem signifies that there was meant to be Rhythm Heaven representation. If this is a character, it could have meant that we were supposed to get Marshal or the Gematsu leaked Chorus Men. The problem with the Chorus Men is that they are a three-in-one character and we know how the Ice Climbers turned out.
Perhaps a Rhythm Heaven character was planned or we were supposed to get a stage. Whatever the case may be, I am unsure if this signifies that we will get more DLC. I can see us get more DLC for this game, especially when Nintendo is starting to do that especially with Mario Kart 8. I can see us not get DLC because Sakurai is tired. I think that this falls down to him if he wants to create more characters and stages beyond Mewtwo and Miiverse.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It at least lends credence to the notion that there were other characters that were scrapped mid-development. That should suggest that there are plenty of suitable candidates for future DLC.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The placeholder stock icon for the Virus boss that was to be included on that Dr. Mario stage is Kirby's stock icon.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
My second most wanted character for Smash was Karate Joe, so... the RH collection for 3ds was announced miming the Karate Joe minigame, this brings me hopes.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Wat. Show me
It was in the Chorus Kids thread

It looks like a collection of every minigame from the RH trilogy on 3ds. I have all of them but the first one because it was Japan only and it's very rare/expansive to get, so if it will ever come out in Europe, I think I'll get it.
Sorry for the off-topic.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It looks like a collection of every minigame from the RH trilogy on 3ds. I have all of them but the first one because it was Japan only and it's very rare/expansive to get, so if it will ever come out in Europe, I think I'll get it.
Sorry for the off-topic.
I thought it was a localization.
ALSO SCREW DREAM COLLECTION FOR NOT BEING LOCALIZED

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

Sorry for the off-topic.
Sorry for being off topic.

But I adore the Rhythms Heaven games. It sad I cannot have this collection because is not coming to WEST. I have the DS one and Wii one. So basically I play them all except the one from GBA Release only for japan.
NEED IT!!!

What's your opinion about the Rhythm Heaven symbol "leak"?

Do you think DLC in general is likely thanks to it?
Can you send me a Link plz. not this :4link:.

And there really Bandana Dee have low chance but His role in the new Kirby games are really stepping up for my dee but...

Still strange that is totally absent in Smash bros. when even Galactic knight and Magolor have trophy... and one of the gang is lost.
This odd just like Isaac disappearance.

And yeah there rumors of new characters for Smash 4 (Likely mewtwo) will be playable in Apex. We need to wait and see.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Hey! I just wanted to drop by to wish you all the best of luck with DeeLC.

One thing that has always intrigued me about Bandana Dee is the complete lack of reference to him in either versions of Smash 4.. Waddles Dees were removed from Dedede's Side-B, aswell as his Final Smash just as Palutena was removed from Pit's.. there isn't even a Bandana Dee trophy. It really does make you question those decisions.

To be honest, I feel strongly about Sakurai implementing the cut/time restriction-related characters over the course of Smash 4's lifespan similarly to what they're doing with Mario Kart 8. If those factors indicate that Bandana Dee was put into consideration at one point, perhaps he has a chance. His major role in Rainbow Curse certainly ups his priority for DLC.

D

Deleted member

a. The changes in regards to Dedede's moveset were very likely due to the 3DS not being able to run them. (Pit's would have had to have been changed anyway for that reason regardless on whether Palutena was playable or not.)
b. Waddle Dees still appear in Dedede's stage entrance, one of his victory poses, and in Smash Run.
c. Waddle Doos were also removed from Dedede's Side Special, not just Waddle Dees.

There is no conspiracy in regards to Gordo Throw and Dedede Burst replacing Waddle Dee Toss and Waddle Dee Army relating to Bandana Dee.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
a. The changes in regards to Dedede's moveset were very likely due to the 3DS not being able to run them. (Pit's would have had to have been changed anyway for that reason regardless on whether Palutena was playable or not.)
b. Waddle Dees still appear in Dedede's stage entrance, one of his victory poses, and in Smash Run.
c. Waddle Doos were also removed from Dedede's Side Special, not just Waddle Dees.

There is no conspiracy in regards to Gordo Throw and Dedede Burst replacing Waddle Dee Toss and Waddle Dee Army relating to Bandana Dee.
It was food for thought. It just strikes me as odd that they'd remove arguably the most iconic Kirby enemy and Dedede's primary minions from his fighting arsenal, but I suppose the point about the stage entrance and victory pose is valid.

D

Deleted member

The fact that you edited the quote is painful because it reminds me how much NoA doesn't care about us.

Everyone in Japan and Europe gets cool stuff if they pre-order Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire while we're stuck with 200 Potions.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The fact that you edited the quote is painful because it reminds me how much NoA doesn't care about us.

Everyone in Japan and Europe gets cool stuff if they pre-order Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire while we're stuck with 200 Potions.
Not to mention defective amiibo are more commun in the US, and all we had for Smash was a dogtag

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
I am sort of mad that NOA kind of treats us like crap.

but it's peoples fault for having their "x box ones" and their "PS4", ignoring nintendo as a gaming company.

"nintendo is for kids" or "*insert game name here* is for babies" is often what a lot of people say

I know I sound pretty annoying right now, but neither microsoft or sony had any business of going into the gaming industry.

Back in my day we had N64

EDIT: oops I meant game cube, I didn't even go to school when the N64 came out.

we considered it to be the best console ever

remember when it was nintendo vs sega and not microsoft vs sony?

Well it doesn't matter to me because we don't have to pay for online haha suck it nintendo is still amazing in my heart.
also we have smash bros

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

but it's peoples fault for having their "x box ones" and their "PS4", ignoring nintendo as a gaming company.

"nintendo is for kids" or "*insert game name here* is for babies" is often what a lot of people say

I know I sound pretty annoying right now, but neither microsoft or sony had any business of going into the gaming industry.

Well it doesn't matter to me because we don't have to pay for online haha suck it nintendo is still amazing in my heart.
also we have smash bros
"Nintendo sucks no new IPs" *Nintendo makes new IPs* "It sucks because I don't know it" *Nintendo releases a sequel* "See, no new IPs, I'd support them, but no, they're too lazy"

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

EDIT: oops I meant game cube, I didn't even go to school when the N64 came out.

also we have smash bros
Nintendo fanboy FOR LIFE!!!!!!

Crumb Bone

Smash Rookie

If Bandana Dee was being planned, it would make sense for there to be nothing else during a battle that someone playing as Bandana Dee could confuse themselves with (standard Waddle Dees or Waddle Doos). The Waddle Dees in King Dedede's entrance and victory pose don't count because they do not appear while any of the actual fighting is taking place. In Smash Run, standard Waddle Dees could co-exist with Bandana Dee, seeing as how the Subspace Emissary contained three enemies that strongly resembled R.O.B.

To further support my hypothesis, look at Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Both feature a standard Waddle Dee or Bandana Dee as a ally, respectively, and also don't have Waddle Dee's as normal enemies that can be fought. While Kirby's Return to Dream Land breaks this trend, I still can't think of any other way to explain a lack of Waddle Dees.

If Waddle Dee's were only lacking in Waddle Dee Toss and Waddle Dee Army, I might be able to accept that as a result of 3DS limitations. However, Waddle Dee's trophy is missing, and on top of that, Bandana Dee does not get a trophy, while others from Bandana Dee's first major appearence (Return to Dream Land) get trophies (Magolor and even the Lor Starcutter (to add to that, three other trophies mention Return to Dream Land)).

Last edited:

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire

AMAZING MIRROR SEQUEL PLS

Please?

HAL?
It's too bad Dedede destroyed the mirror :(. But w8, he destroyed it INSIDE the dimension world. That's why he wasn't in Rainbow Curse :O
Kirby is illuminati confirmed.
DeeLC confirmed.
03 confirmed.
Half life 3 is a kirby crossover confirmed. (Though I'd be totally okay with an Amazing Mirror 2)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Bandana Dee was being planned, it would make sense for there to be nothing else during a battle that someone playing as Bandana Dee could confuse themselves with (standard Waddle Dees or Waddle Doos). The Waddle Dees in King Dedede's entrance and victory pose don't count because they do not appear while any of the actual fighting is taking place. In Smash Run, standard Waddle Dees could co-exist with Bandana Dee, seeing as how the Subspace Emissary contained three enemies that strongly resembled R.O.B.
Pretty sure someone would have to be blind to not tell the difference between a naked unarmed Waddle Dee and one wearing a bandana and wielding a spear.
Especially so if they can't tell the difference between a Waddle Doo and a Waddle Dee.

To further support my hypothesis, look at Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Both feature a standard Waddle Dee or Bandana Dee as a ally, respectively, and also don't have Waddle Dee's as normal enemies that can be fought. While Kirby's Return to Dream Land breaks this trend, I still can't think of any other way to explain a lack of Waddle Dees.
The fact Returns to Dream Land (and Canvas Curse) actually do have both an ally Waddle Dee and enemy Waddle Dees renders the entire point void.

Kirby 64 not having both is because Dedede isn't a major (unwitting) antagonist unlike before in the Dark Matter trilogy. Both he and a regular Waddle Dee are allies this time, which was unheard of.
By Returns' time, it was not only established that not all Waddle Dees actually follow Dedede's self-appointed rule, but the ally Waddle Dee actually differentiates itself from the commoners, making it more reasonable for them to serve as enemies despite Dedede and a member of their kind being the opposition.

As for Rainbow Curse....
Dedede himself doesn't show up. And unlike Amazing Mirror, there's no reasonable excuse.

If Waddle Dee's were only lacking in Waddle Dee Toss and Waddle Dee Army, I might be able to accept that as a result of 3DS limitations. However, Waddle Dee's trophy is missing, and on top of that, Bandana Dee does not get a trophy, while others from Bandana Dee's first major appearence (Return to Dream Land) get trophies (Magolor and even the Lor Starcutter (to add to that, three other trophies mention Return to Dream Land)).
The only valid point is the missing trophies for both Waddle Dee the character and Waddle Dee the common enemy, and it's something I brought up before.
Waddle Dee Toss and Waddle Dee Army would have been changed even if Bandana Dee didn't exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

AMAZING MIRROR SEQUEL PLS

Please?

HAL?
Yes. I love Amazing Mirror and I always laugh at the negative feedback that game got because people were lost. I'd want a sequel where movesets weren't removed, the bosses are improved, and after you 100% you get a boss rush and a time attack mode or something so you can try and find everything faster. Maybe even make that time attack modes like Dedede mode in Triple deluxe and add the collection challenging of getting all the warpholes for a faster time. *o*

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
1 addition that would remove most problems people have with Amazing Mirror. How about you can call the warpstar and pay 100 stars for a free copy ability? Price changes depending how common the ability is in the area
Was this a problem in the game? That you never seem to have a copy ability when you needed it? Cause the areas are usually filled with enemies with powers.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Was this a problem in the game? That you never seem to have a copy ability when you needed it? Cause the areas are usually filled with enemies with powers.
Some people disliked about you needing a certain ability, this thing I came up with finally makes you value stars and if you see a puzzle you won't get frustrated for not knowing anything and having replaced/lost the ability you needed

Top Bottom