• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Too small eh? Dat ting' ain't gonna be too big to clobbah dat dare Kirbah! I could clobbah him with...

View attachment 35752

This toad Amiibo...and....

Who am I kidding?! If Toad can get an Amiibo, Bandana Dee should get one as well. Who's with me?! :mad: *raises spear*

I secretly agree with you. :evil:

I love the Squeaks. Count me in! And by the way, who doesn't pirates?! I love them because if you're able do want 'cause a pirate is free...YOU ARE A PIRATE!

toad is from mario, and has his own game.
BD is only now rising.

i think that there possibly could be a BD amiibo, but i think that toad has the upper hand of being more important to ninty.

EDIT: not that i'd dislike a BD amiibo, though. i'd probably love it <3

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Tbh I think Rainbow Curse has the best soundtrack of the series to date in my opinion, which is funny since it's a spinoff game. I wasn't too fond of RTDL and Triple Deluxe music, didn't really interest me. The music in Super Star has been like remixed so much to the point where I'm getting tired of hearing them. It's crazy how much work they put into a budget spinoff game, which is the reason why I want this game to sell well.

Today is my birthday!

Bandana Dee confirmed!
Happy birthday chandelure! Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I prefer the sound track in Triple Deluxe but this does sound good. I like the gameplay in Canvas Curse but I don't find it as engaging. I was never compelled to collect all the coins. Not that I found it a poor challenge at all but more that I lost interest. Which is RARE for me with a Kirby game. I hope I feel more compelled to at least collect everything in this Kirby game but I'm not sure.

Also gameplay like this looks so clumsy when watched. There's a sense of lack in control that results from the unconventional controls and I hate watching play throughs for Canvas Curse/Rainbow Curse. It's filled with fumbling, misplacement of lines, and unattractive and unsmooth game flow. It's the worse. It always makes you want to rip the controller out of the player's hand. Ugh it's so awful!!! I really hate watching people play this game. I'd rather it just come out already.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Today is my birthday!

Bandana Dee confirmed!
It's funny because it's my birthday too!
I'm 26 now.
People say that Kirby is for little kids, but I don't care, Kirby is the only series that has so much awesome music and art style, and creativity in gameplay!
P.S.: I already completely fell in love with Rainbow Curse, and I'm starting to love the new characters as well, even if they are replacing Adeleine's role.

The music in the game is awesome, and every character (you know, I'm not a fan of Bandana Dee, but in this game he is characterized pretty good, so he is included in this) is very expressive and perfect.

The gameplay,*EDIT*, I love when Kirby games have unconventional gameplay, and that's one of the reasons for why I love the Kirby franchise so much. I watched some gameplay (I live in Europe, kirby comes out with months of delay here) and I think that the game is very immersive and deep.
The game really seems a tribute to Shinichi Shimomura's games, and I love those games.

And, lastly, my Kirby's Dreamland 3 got some love in this game, with an awesome remix and a cameo of Pon&Con!!!!
I'm definitely buying this when it will come out.

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
soundtrack is superb, there's there's no arguing about that

then 12:08 kicked in and my heart just stopped.

holy,

not only is it battle ship halberds overworld theme mixed with legendary air ride machine like it was in squeak squad, but it's also in the most mother 3 kind of version that you can ever imagine

it just screams dc/mc and new pork city

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The guy who rise the spear.

I want some free time... (I want the new Karby game. Just hearing it is killing me.)

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm 26 now.
People say that Kirby is for little kids, but I don't care, Kirby is the only series that has so much awesome music and art style, and creativity in gameplay!
P.S.: I already completely fell in love with Rainbow Curse, and I'm starting to love the new characters as well, even if they are replacing Adeleine's role.

The music in the game is awesome, and every character (you know, I'm not a fan of Bandana Dee, but in this game he is characterized pretty good, so he is included in this) is very expressive and perfect.

The gameplay, I disagree with kirby_queen, I love when Kirby games have unconventional gameplay, and that's one of the reasons for why I love the Kirby franchise so much. I watched some gameplay (I live in Europe, kirby comes out with months of delay here) and I think that the game is very immersive and deep.
The game really seems a tribute to Shinichi Shimomura's games, and I love those games.

And, lastly, my Kirby's Dreamland 3 got some love in this game, with an awesome remix and a cameo of Pon&Con!!!!
I never said I didn't love Kirby games that have unconventional gameplay. Please don't misquote me at all. Your comment literally made me roll my eyes. You're always in here even though you don't like Bandana Dee, always acting like the superior fan. Here you are interpreting me real bad. I pretty much like all the non traditional Kirby games aside from Epic Yarn much. I love Kirby's Block Ball, Mass Attack, I liked Canvas Curse. Sooo..

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I never said I didn't love Kirby games that have unconventional gameplay. Please don't misquote me at all. Your comment literally made me roll my eyes.
Sorry if I said something wrong, anyway I never said that you don't like any unconventional Kirby, I just said that I disagree with your previous post since Canvas Curse is pretty high in my favorite Kirby games list.

Anyway, I remember having many discussion with you, and you said me that
-Shimomura's games aren't your favorites because you don't like the animals and the different ability system
-You aren't interested in finishing Canvas Curse because of the controls (your post above, you weren't talking with me but still)
-You aren't interested in finishing Epic Yarn because you don't like the gameplay and no abilities
-What makes a kirby game really special is the ability system with movesets
so sorry if that offends you, but anyone could have gone to a conclusion like that reading those opinions. :confused:

EDIT: Also, I'm here just because that's the only place in the web where there are people that actually enjoy Kirby and to talk about Kirby. If Rainbow Resort was still active probably I would not have been here.
Also, I never acted like a "superior fan" that's just you. If anything, I just stated that I'm not here for Bandana Dee, but for Kirby in general.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Sorry if I said something wrong, anyway I never said that you don't like any unconventional Kirby, I just said that I disagree with your previous post since Canvas Curse is pretty high in my favorite Kirby games list.

Anyway, I remember having many discussion with you, and you said me that
-Shimomura's games aren't your favorites because you don't like the animals and the different ability system
-You aren't interested in finishing Canvas Curse because of the controls (your post above, you weren't talking with me but still)
-You aren't interested in finishing Epic Yarn because you don't like the gameplay and no abilities
-What makes a kirby game really special is the ability system with movesets
so sorry if that offends you, but anyone could have gone to a conclusion like that reading those opinions. :confused:
I liked the gameplay in Canvas Curse just fine. If you read what I said. I simply said that I never finished the collection challenge. I did beat the main game so I did technically finish it. I just didn't feel like collecting all the coins. That has nothing to do with how the game controls or feels.

No I don't like Epic Yarn but I like everything else more than Epic Yarn. Disliking one unconventional Kirby title doesn't = I hate the idea of gameplay change at all. It's just Epic Yarn didn't really change much in the gameplay. It's mostly a visual change imo. Where as Mass Attack, Canvas Curse, and Rainbow Curse actually feel like game changers and I appreciate that.

Shimoomura's games aren't my favorite in regards to the traditional titles but they fall into traditional NOT unconventional because they are classic Kirby games with power. They're just not some of my favorite Kirby games with powers but that doesn't mean I hate them either. It's like liking a flavor of cake WAAAAAAAAAAY more than another. I'd rather have my favorite flavor but even if I don't, who hates cake? They're solid platformers. I also happen to love Dreamland 2.

edit: sorry the above post is misleading. I mention a sense of lack in control of Kirby. However this is a miscommunication. I was trying to criticize why others get turned off by canvas curse because of the controls and why it results in clumsy looking gameplay to watch. I like to draw so I'm fine with Canvas Curse's controls.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Thanks guys! :D

XDD

Happy Birthday!

In all this, I forgot the most important thing -.-
Happy Birthday to you too!

Anyway, you really scared me with that picture, I didn't see it coming XD

EDIT:
Anyone else is happy for
Chef Kawasaki's
figure in Rainbow Curse? He was missing for too many games now... Aside from a reference in a minigame of KRTD (the robot) and the remake of Superstar, he was missing from a lot of games now. I was concerned about him becoming another forgotten character soon; I wouldn't mind a more active role for him in the future (I don't know, minigames, something).

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
In all this, I forgot the most important thing -.-
Happy Birthday to you too!

Anyway, you really scared me with that picture, I didn't see it coming XD

EDIT:
Anyone else is happy for
Chef Kawasaki's
figure in Rainbow Curse? He was missing for too many games now... Aside from a reference in a minigame of KRTD (the robot) and the remake of Superstar, he was missing from a lot of games now. I was concerned about him becoming another forgotten character soon; I wouldn't mind a more active role for him in the future (I don't know, minigames, something).
I didn't know that! :0
That's actually pretty cool, he is one of my favorite minibosses.
I remember that his Super Star sprite was creepy for me XD

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
i actually always thought with kirby getting a new final smash in smash 4, chef kawasaki would take his old final smash and peform it as an assist trophy, but then nightmare came along

anyway, a few pages back i saw someone saying that we should make a kirby timeline, just for fun. for fun because it' pretty much impossible and way too far fetched. but i'm going to do it anyway.

the only way to actually figure out a timeline is to look at the halberd and it's position, returning bosses and strangely enough; strawberry cake

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Happy birthday, Eco Matador @ Iko MattOrr Iko MattOrr !

See, I'm cool, I remember people's things~
Thank you! lol
Offtopic:
MattOrr stands for "Mattone Orrendo", in Italian, it means "horrible brick" or "disgusting brick"
it was the name of my fictional company when I was young;
The (fake) company produced videogames (the "Orrendo" division, a parody of Nintendo) and other things; the products of Mattone Orrendo were all stupid, like for example an handheld videogame console that melts when you use it, or a car with square weels fixed with 200 meters long nails in the ground.
Recently (some years ago) I reused that company name for Wario Ware DIY (DS), and I'm considering to open a youtube account with that name, and filling it with demential videos.
end off topic.

i actually always thought with kirby getting a new final smash in smash 4, chef kawasaki would take his old final smash and peform it as an assist trophy, but then nightmare came along

anyway, a few pages back i saw someone saying that we should make a kirby timeline, just for fun. for fun because it' pretty much impossible and way too far fetched. but i'm going to do it anyway.
I think it's possible to make a timeline... or anyway, it's a lot more possible than making a timeline for Zelda, and it has an official one so... XD
Doing a timeline for Kirby is very interesting I already did one -.- warning, bad English approaching.
There is another one in the first post of that thread, but it's merged with the canon of a canceled fangame; anyway it's interesting to read.

I'll post it here too, since that site is a bit buggy and sometimes crashes, and it's very slow at loading.

The timeline in the first post is very cool! Anyway, I have my own theory:

I prefer to exclude all the games that have standalone stories and does not develop the world of Kirby (like Pinball Land and Kirakira, or even Dreamland 1 since it's remade in Superstar) because they can be placed in any point of the timeline with no differences.
(MetaKnightmare, arenas, soul versions etc. are not canon. the only canon thing is the release of Galacta Knight from his seal, by MetaKnight, but it's unrelated with the story of Kirby Superstar - it obviously happend before the destruction of Nova, and the return of Dark Mind's minions with the dimensional mirror. To be precise, I assume that Kirby games are instead just recitation shows in Dreamland, and all the characters, even the bad ones, are instead just friends - as shown in the 100% videos of several games).

-----------------------------------------------
Prologue

Before any game: On Halcandra many magical artifacts are built. This technology uses the light of the stars in order to work. Nova, the Lor Starcutter, the legendary machies of Air Ride, fountains of dreams etc.
The problem of this technology, is that using the light as source, would create an equal amount of darkness as result. If used right, the artifacts would automatically destroy the darkness and keep an equal balance of darkness and light, but if they are overused, Dark Matter is created.
Still in ancient times, a warrior named Galacta Knight is sealed for unknown reasons. Anyway, he probably is related to MetaKnight, and has some links to how MetaKnight got the Galaxia (his sword).

The first (recent) invasion of Dark Matter happens, and nobody is apparently able to fight them. MetaKnight builds the Halberd and makes up an army to fight Dark Matters, as he noticed that they are able to possess people only if they can scare them.
They fight Dark Matters with no fear, but at the end, they have to face the core of the Dark Star: Zero.
MetaKnight uses dark-based powers, and Zero can't be defeated with darkness, a light based weapon is needed. MetaKnight has the Galaxia, but this is not enough. He is able to make Zero weak and seal him into a chest, but he can't destroy it.
Dark Matter race is destroyed, with the exception of a weak Zero that's just sealed instead.

Rise of the Hero

Amazing Mirror: (placed before Dreamland 1 events, when MetaKnight releases Galacta Knight) The Mirror World is a mirrored copy of the real world, and it's on Pop-Star. Dark Mind is Zero's reflection, and to be precise, it's the copy of an ancient Zero who atacked the universe aeons ago, probably involved with the story of Galacta Knight. It's possible that the mirror world was created by Galacta Knight himself, in order to seal Zero's soul forever, and probably in order to make this he sealed himself in another dimension as well.
With the release of Galacta Knight by Metaknight, the dimensional mirror appeared again and Dark Mind was able to attack the world. MetaKnight returned on PopStar and tried to defeat Dark Mind, but he failed and was captured by him.
Dark Mind is different from the dark matters and Zero; he can't posses people, but his power is to clone them using the mirrors. Each mirrored character is like a Dark Matter, and Dark Mind is like Zero.
One of Dark Mind's minion took the shape of MetaKnight and went to the normal world, and attacked Kirby.
Kirby was splitted in 4 copies, for some reason. It's unclear if the 4 kirbys returned into one at the end of the game, but it looks like Kirby has not lost his power from this split... probably the cloned Kirbys were an attempt to create some evil mirrored Kirbys but it failed, and it seems that the clones are still around but they are incomplete, they don't have any personality and they appear only sometimes, doing the same thing that Kirby is doing (Kirby usually plays with them in minigames, or uses them to make strange dances at the end of the levels, if the color of them is not a problem); he doesn't fight often splitted because if the kirbies lose some lives, it's like if the real Kirby lost those lives.
Kirby saved MetaKnight and destroyed Dark Mind using MetaKnight's sword. MetaKnight thought that Kirby would not have been able to defeat Dark Mind without the Galaxia.
Dark Mind is not really defeated, but nobody noticed this... Dark MetaKnight will return to Kirby's World in the future.
Dark Kirby is another failed attempt to clone Kirby and make it evil. It's like the Gooey of the Mirror world, he's a good "dark matter".

Kirby Superstar: (MetaKnight releases Galacta Knight, he did it during his training, frustrated by the fact that he was unable to completely defeat Zero)
Kirby VS Dedede - Dreamland 1 events;
Kirby helps Dynablade;
(After being aware that he's the strongest warrior in the galaxy) MetaKnight is sick of Dedede causing problems to Dreamland and wants to take his place as the king of Dreamland, but Kirby stops him;
Marx uses Nova to gain a lot of power but Nova is destroyed.

Kirby's Adventure: the events of this game are placed after the Revenge of Metaknight and before Milkyway Wishes. After the destruction of the Halberd in the fight with Kirby. MetaKnight wants to challenge him again. Kirby wants to restore the Star Rod, MetaKnight wants to stop Kirby (because he knows that Nightmare would take over the fountain of dreams) but he wants also to help him when he is in dangerous situations, so he gives him some invicible candies, but he also attacks Kirby several times. Near the end of the game, MetaKnight has no choices but to challenge Kirby in another duel: if Kirby was able to beat him (the strongest warrior in the galaxy), he would have left him repair the Star Rod, as he would be able to defeat Nightmare.
Kirby defeated both MetaKnight and Nightmare. Dedede is not a villain in this game, he was just trying to defend Dreamland from Nightmare.

Dark Matter invasion

Kirby's Dreamland 2/3/64: (MetaKnight is not present because he's repairing the halberd, that's underwater after Kirby destroyed it).
The first loney Dark Matter attacks Dreamland. In fact, the entire universe is under attack, because the destruction of Nova brought another wave of Dark Matters, and a new Zero.
Dark Matters first attack the potential dangers, then they conquer the planets/stars. They sent some dark matters on various stars to conquer them, but when Kirby destroyed the first Dark Matter, they decided to make a big assault to Pop-Star as it was the most dangerous star (Kirby's Dreamland 3).
During the assault, they tried to conquer Floralia too, and they defeated the former king/queen, but Sectonia defeated the Dark Matters and became the new queen. She was a bad queen and the people of the sky started to make a plan in order to get rid of the new queen.
In Dreamland, Dark Matters manage to contaminate everything and take control over the king. Unfortunatelly, Kirby and Gooey (Gooey is a Dark Matter who tried to possess Kirby, but after entering in his body, he lost his dark personality due to Kirby's pure mind, and became a friend of him) defeated Zero using the power of the positive emotions of the inhabitants of Dreamland, which generated light energy.
Zero was killed, but for unknown reasons, his soul survived and he managed to return; probably he used a magical seed found in Floralia, since his 02 form has something strange inside, like a spiked vine or something...
Dreamland won the war, so the Dark Matters decided to stay away from it... They attacked Ripple Star instead, because during the previous invasion, they discovered another great source of light, potentially very dangerous.
The fairies of Ripple Star didn't knew that the crystal was a very powerful weapon against the Dark Matters, so they tried to hide it, but doing so they lost agains Dark Matters and the whole star was contamined.
Ribbon escaped with the crystal but the Dark Matters followed her, and destroyed it.
Dark Matters are very unfortunate, because Ribbon fell on the Pop-Star, and met Kirby. They tried to stop him again, but it was useless, Kirby managed to destroy the whole Dark Matter army. But, Zero remained hidden, since he knew about Kirby's abilities, and he had no hopes to win agains him.
After finding all the pieces of the crystal, Kirby and his crew discovered that the light of it was able to defeat Dark Matters... in fact, an huge amount of Dark Matters were hidden inside of the Fairy Queen's body, and the crystal was able to find them and purge them with a single beam.
Kirby Defeated Zero again, and the Dark Matters are destroyed, this time for sure. (Kirby used the phone that he used in Amazing Mirror to call a warp star).

A new era

Canvas Curse: Drawcha attacks Dreamland, and she's defeated by Kirby. Kirby was helped by someone who drawn a rainbow line on the canvas using the power paintbrush. It's "the player", it's unknow who used the paintbrush in the canon of the game. I assume that was Adeleine, since she helped Kirby in his adventure against Dark Matters, and she is the only magical painter who doesn't appear in the game (aside from the ones who aren't introduced yet).

Squeak Squad: The chest in this game is indeed the old chest where MetaKnight sealed the previous Zero; in fact MetaKnight is the only one who knows about the real content of the chest.
Daroach and the Squeak Squad become friends of Kirby at the end
The Halberd is finally, fully repaired.

Kirby Returns to Dreamland: Magolor uses the power of the Lor Starcutter and the Crown to destroy the universe, but Kirby stops him. I assume that he is dead unless he does any other canon appearance... he appeared in minigames and cameos after this, but I think he's stil dead.
When he overused the power of the Crown, he transformed himself into a sort of Dark Matter, and this is the proof that the use of light power can generate dark matters if used without control.

Mass Attack: Nothing really relevant here, aside from the fact that the Squeaks return for some subquest, confirming themselves as recurring characters (theorically).

Kirby Triple Deluxe: Queen Sectonia is defeated and the seeds of the Dreamstalk are the ones that Zero may have used to reborn in Kirby 64 (because of his tail).
Some of Dark Mind's minions make a return.
Paintra is a boss in this game. It's explained that Paintra and Drawcha are twins, and they were forgotten into a canvas in an ancient studio of an artist. This could be linked to the fact that Adeleine went to Dreamland to study art, and it may be linked with Rainbow Curse's plot as well.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: ???
There is a new fairy-like magical painter, nothing else is known yet.
The animal friends may have a role in the game, or they are just random cameos.
Let's see when the game will be out.

To stay in topic, I haven't mentioned that in my "timeline", the Waddle Dee who appears in Kirby 64, is Bandana Dee.
It's badly written, maybe I'll improve it sometimes.

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
that's a cool take, but it seems a to go a bit more towards fan fiction, while i want my timeline to connect more with what the games have to offer. kirby isn't really that big on story ofcourse, so that's why it's a pretty hard task.

cool take on the story non the less

EDIT: some parts seem maybe a bit too flashed out, but make sense non the less! i really like the dark matter story arc you've set up and connected together. second thought this timeline seems pretty fine (:

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

the only way to actually figure out a timeline is to look at the halberd and it's position, returning bosses and strangely enough; strawberry cake
I made my own time line a lot time ago but I never saved it for some dumb reason. Kirby's universe is so complicated. I think it's influenced by the different people who work on the games. I think like the Zelda Time Line, there are multiverses or even other dreamlands as created by the fountain of dreams?

http://flamingsparkledragon.tumblr....bikwin5-i-made-a-totally-canon-kirby-timeline

This one always cracks me up though.

I do believe the games DL2, DL3, and K64 are all in the same universe. Same bad guys and some of the same reoccurring characters. Dark Matter and Ado.

Than I believe KSS/U, Dream Collection, Canvas Curse ((linked to this universe)), Rainbow Curse (same but also references the animals friends so maybe a light meeting of the two worlds here), Triple Deluxe and Return to Dreamland are also all in the same universe since there's reoccurring characters here. Bandana Dee, Magolor, References to each other with Galacta Knight and mention of Nova.

It's hard to say where the rest comes in. I think Adventure (ball power) might be linked to the above universe, Dreamland might be a beginning universe that the two above universes diverge from, Amazing Mirror might branch off of the KSS universe as well since Dark Metaknight appears in Triple Deluxe.

I think Epic Yarn, Mass Attack, and Squeak Squad all take place in the same universe because of reoccurring Squeaks and Dedede's castle design from all 3 games is the one based on the anime. The Anime is non canon or can also be treated as an alternative universe.

So I think there are 3 main Kirby game multiverses

Dreamland universe where the main villain is Dark Matter and human characters (Ado, Samus, etc)

KSS universe where there's the ancients, Nova, Galcta Knight, Drawcia and her Sisters, and Bandana Dee. No humans seen.

Squeaks universe, Squeak Squad, Dedede characterization from the anime, Dedede's castle from the anime.

However these game can and do reference each other. They are simply different worlds possibly from the fountain of dreams all linked to the same planet of pop star. Consider it multiverse or multi-dreams from the fountain.

I guess you can maybe also consider games like Pinball, Block Ball, etc another world or maybe connected to Canvas Curse/Rainbow Curse but it's odd since these games are spin offs.

They are different but they are linked and they are the same world.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
that's a cool take, but it seems a to go a bit more towards fan fiction, while i want my timeline to connect more with what the games have to offer. kirby isn't really that big on story ofcourse, so that's why it's a pretty hard task.

cool take on the story non the less
Thanks!
Anyway, if you don't add anything to it, it's impossible (or almost) to merge all the games, since many parts of the story are left in the mistery.
And then, there is Kirby Superstar that's made of many games. The first one is a remake of Kirby's Dreamland 1 (so theorically Kirby's first adventure), and the last one is an adventure towards many fountains of dreams, like if the events of Kirby's Adventure already happend.
It makes me think that Adventure is placed inside Superstar, between the first game and the last one.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Today is my birthday!

Bandana Dee confirmed!
bandanadeelc.png

I'm 26 now.

The gameplay,*EDIT*, I love when Kirby games have unconventional gameplay, and that's one of the reasons for why I love the Kirby franchise so much. I watched some gameplay (I live in Europe, kirby comes out with months of delay here) and I think that the game is very immersive and deep.

Happy Birthday to you guys.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Who should I prank next with my premium powers? Idk who to use it on yet, so far I've gotten @Pikablu Pikachu @ Chandeelure Chandeelure and @Reserved.

I'm thinking between @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen @ Flying_Skitty Flying_Skitty @ BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee @ Enderman1021 Enderman1021 @ kirby_queen kirby_queen @SS-bros14 and @ Banana Waffle Deed Banana Waffle Deed
Is there anything that happens other than your username changing color and getting the title "Prank'd" when you're pranked?

toad is from mario, and has his own game.
BD is only now rising.

i think that there possibly could be a BD amiibo, but i think that toad has the upper hand of being more important to ninty.

EDIT: not that i'd dislike a BD amiibo, though. i'd probably love it <3
I have nothing against Toad, but I really REALLY wish that Bandana Dee could of had an Amiibo as well.

HEPPIE BURFDEI BANANA DI N HURRIBL BRUK
Bandana Dee did what?! Dude, you really need to stop taking Falco's bread.

Speaking of timelines, I was inspired to make one as well after I saw this amazing Mario timeline:

I would love to make a Kirby timeline so, count me in!

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't like the theory of the multiverse honestly... or anyway, yes, there are many universes of Kirby, but to me, they are the manga universe, the anime universe, and the game universe, and they are unrelated.
I won't consider the change of design a point to prove the presence of many universes: how many times Peach's castle changed his design in Mario? I think that It's just related to the art style of the game (another example, Kirby's Adventure has no hats but its remake has hats).
The human characters also; in Superstar there were Mario and his friends in the background of the box ring. In Kirby's Dreamland 2 the female gooey was instead a character from another game in Japan, and she was human. I think that those are just cameos, like Mario's picture in Hyrule Castle in OoT, they don't mean anything to the plot, especially in an oniric world like Kirby's.
(the female gooey anyway is not canon to me. It's just a placeholder to replace a cameo character in the occidental version of the game; Gooey is mentioned as the most rare character and the only good Dark Matter, so the female gooey could just be Chuchu, or not canon at all).

In Kirby Returns to Dreamland there is an indirect reference to Kirby 64...
One of the bosses of that game is called HR-D3, and it's similar to HR-H/E from Kirby 64. They are both gigantic robots and they share a couple of things in their shapes.

It's not clear where those robots are built, but since they share some common aspects and a common code for their names, it suggests that they are somehow related. This could mean that both are made on Shiver Star, or that both are made in Halacandra... both places are full of factories and technological stuff. Maybe those worlds are related, maybe Shiver Star is an Halacandran factory, a planet colonized by the ancients in order to make artifacts in another part of the universe (the fountains of dreams maybe... there are many of them, it's not just on popstar).

The fact that Shiver Star looks like the Earth may be related to the Earth as well... if the world of Kirby is really the world of the dreams, maybe Shiver star represents the dreams of the humans... but there are no humans on it, because that place is only for their dreams... factories, supermarkets, toys, technology... Maybe, Samus, the Mario characters and all those other cameos from other games in Kirby, are just the representation of those chaacters dreaming...?

This makes me thinking of Pikmin... I think that Pikmin is placed on Earth after the human race is extinct, many ages after (there are rests of human products and structures, but no traces of humans). Shiver Star could be something similar... It looks like an abandoned and ruined place... Maybe the Kirby universe is the same as Pikmin's, but several ages more after, or it's the dream alternate universe of the Pikmin universe?

(this is going a bit too far XD)

I prefer to think that Kirby's world is an alternate universe that's linked to any other existing Nintendo universe through dreams. Master Hand and Crazy Hand are also an example of this. Who knows, maybe Super Mario Bros 2 USA is placed in Dreamland? That's why there are Mario, Luigi, Peach, Birdo and Toad in the background of KSS?
This makes me thinking of Kirby Rainbow Curse but I can't say anything or I'll spoil parts of the game.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't see why both theories couldn't make sense. One could say that the Kirby games are linked to other Mario games merely because of it's connection to developer/publisher Nintendo, Smash, and the cameos. However the games could also exist in separate universes but still be linked. That's just my opinion I suppose. Just seems like the games feel disconnected because of the different leading directions it's taken and the fact that some characters are just way more prevalent in some games than others. So I like to think those games are seperate but linked.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't see why both theories couldn't make sense. One could say that the Kirby games are linked to other Mario games merely because of it's connection to developer/publisher Nintendo, Smash, and the cameos. However the games could also exist in separate universes but still be linked. That's just my opinion I suppose. Just seems like the games feel disconnected because of the different leading directions it's taken and the fact that some characters are just way more prevalent in some games than others. So I like to think those games are seperate but linked.
Since there isn't anything official, all we can do is just speculating or making opinions, so none of us is right or wrong.

Anyway I referenced to Super Mario Bros 2 because it's in a dreamy world, Mario is dreaming during that game.
Also, Zelda Link's Awakening is placed inside a world of dreams, just like SMB2, and it has both a Wart cameo and a Kirby cameo... but there are many "kirby"s, and they are bad guys (the final boss of that game is also very similar to Dark Matter, a black cloudy monster with an eye... but so is Vaati so probably it doesn't count).
I haven't played M&L Dream Team so I can't say if there is any reference to Kirby's world in that game.

Changing topic a bit, I really like how in Kirby the shapes and dimensions of the objects are unrelated to the context. For example, the sun and the moon, they are very big, but when you fight them (Mr Shine and Mr Bright) they are small... the planets also, or stars, they have strange shapes seen from the space, but when you enter in the planet's atmosphere, they are normal planets, with ground and gravity, and everything else. This may seem an inconsistence, but I think that it's a very cool thing instead, it makes the game really feel like a dream, where the logic means something only to an extent, and where anything could happen.
It's not without logic, it's that Kirby transcends the logic and makes it unnecessary XD

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Since there isn't anything official, all we can do is just speculating or making opinions, so none of us is right or wrong.

Anyway I referenced to Super Mario Bros 2 because it's in a dreamy world, Mario is dreaming during that game.
Also, Zelda Link's Awakening is placed inside a world of dreams, just like SMB2, and it has both a Wart cameo and a Kirby cameo... but there are many "kirby"s, and they are bad guys (the final boss of that game is also very similar to Dark Matter, a black cloudy monster with an eye... but so is Vaati so probably it doesn't count).
I haven't played M&L Dream Team so I can't say if there is any reference to Kirby's world in that game.

Changing topic a bit, I really like how in Kirby the shapes and dimensions of the objects are unrelated to the context. For example, the sun and the moon, they are very big, but when you fight them (Mr Shine and Mr Bright) they are small... the planets also, or stars, they have strange shapes seen from the space, but when you enter in the planet's atmosphere, they are normal planets, with ground and gravity, and everything else. This may seem an inconsistence, but I think that it's a very cool thing instead, it makes the game really feel like a dream, where the logic means something only to an extent, and where anything could happen.
It's not without logic, it's that Kirby transcends the logic and makes it unnecessary XD
I never really thought about the size except for the sun and moon, which isn't very often. Now that you mention it, it is pretty cool and makes sense compared to other video games *cough*Bowser'ssize*cough*

Anyway, I really like your explaination but actually there's Super Mario Bros 2 official sequel which states that the whole thing wasn't a dream. In fact, they go back to Subcon in the game.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I like to think that the Kirby Fighters game sort of hints at the multi-dream idea when you fight Dedede at the end of Kirby Fighters. He uses the Star Rod to bring forth other Dededes from the fountain of dreams, and even transform himself. All this taking place in front of the fountain of dreams. It's all just speculation though as mentioned so I guess no one is truly wrong.

Believe it or not I've tried to e-mail HAL Labs LOL. However they stated that questions regarding the game's canon can only be addressed by Nintendo themselves because Nintendo is in charge of the image... I suppose? So we may never know the truth about Kirby's origin or the connection between all his games. Considering the games are also very surreal and because the theme and world is Dreams, it can be interpreted a variety of ways.

You can see the games as separate dreams, dreams that other nintendo characters can reach, dreams that effect each other or are linked, dreams that merely reference each other because of their link to pop star but still separate dreams, or one big dream, etc.

Because dreams don't follow the rules of reality in terms of needing to be realistic, sequential, or even meaningful, it can all be possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom