• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back Room Tier List Opinions

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
be nice to fluttershy, if only based on the fact that fluttershy is ****ing amazing

i keep thinking that ness isn't that bad, then i just can't work out a match-up that he has a clear advatange, other than like, weegi maybe.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well, to be fair, Jigglypuff doesn't really have any good match-ups, either (except Ness I guess lol, and maybe Yoshi). But the difference to me is that even though she doesn't win, she does okayish vs everyone while Ness gets utterly destroyed by Kirby and Pikachu and stuff

ballin4life

Smash Hero
pikachu is probably just as broken as MK was

different games though
Pikachu is "broken" in the sense that he doesn't have any bad matchups. But I feel like the bad matchups in this game aren't really that bad - in the sense that if you're even a little better than the other person you'll win regardless. I don't know how it is in Brawl though.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
would you say Akuma (banned character from Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo who has 10-0 matchup against every character) occupies the same position?
Nope. Pikachu and MK dominate their respective games, but they are both completely beatable.

SSF2T Akuma is just not really beatable if played right.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
ive been playing with the notion that luigi is the worst in the game, but then i remember samus is pretty bleh

i dunno about ness and link, both get dominated really badly but link does much better on hyrule and i feel that ness is slightly better on dreamland...and people are willing to play vs ness on DL whereas you wouldn't take link to hyrule, so...

Olikus

Smash Champion
ive been playing with the notion that luigi is the worst in the game, but then i remember samus is pretty bleh

i dunno about ness and link, both get dominated really badly but link does much better on hyrule and i feel that ness is slightly better on dreamland...and people are willing to play vs ness on DL whereas you wouldn't take link to hyrule, so...
Ness can be pretty ***** on DL though. (get him offstage :o)

I think all 4 of them is pretty evenly bad on the bottom. I dont see why ness should be a tier higher than the other 3.

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
Random I know but....

Why is Ness so low? I have no problem defeating top tier characters with him such as Pikachu and Fox.. He can also use PK Thunder to KO Kirby at the edge from 0% at Hyrule and Dreamland. He seems high tier to me, certainly above B.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
because the people you're playing aren't as good as you are

horridly predictable recovery, poor general range, predictable approach patterns

he has good edgeguarding, techchases and shieldbreaking/pressure plus grabs, but good players will abuse his weaknesses to the point where his strengths don't get shown

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
because the people you're playing aren't as good as you are

horridly predictable recovery, poor general range, predictable approach patterns

he has good edgeguarding, techchases and shieldbreaking/pressure plus grabs, but good players will abuse his weaknesses to the point where his strengths don't get shown
I understand what you mean but from my understanding good Ness players don't get knocked off to be taken advantage of most of the time.

Olikus

Smash Champion
even if it would be waaay too many tiers for such a balance game i feel the gap should be something like this:

s: pika

A: kirby,fox

B: falcon,mario

C: yoshi, DK

D: puff

E: luigi,link,ness and samus all pretty even on the bottom.

It would ofc be small gaps though since I said the game is very balanced.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Why is Ness so low? I have no problem defeating top tier characters with him such as Pikachu and Fox.. He can also use PK Thunder to KO Kirby at the edge from 0% at Hyrule and Dreamland. He seems high tier to me, certainly above B.
I liked ness too and played him on console. Hop online and all your love for ness will be gone D:

Top Bottom