• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

9steele9

Smash Rookie
I'm new and looking to play in some tournaments, it'd be cool if one in Vancouver got up and running

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Idk what the title should be changed to, so I just removed that part.

If you want it changed to something let me know.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Er, yeah, sorry about that. I just got kinda lazy with this thread since the monthly series kinda died with Stronghold.

That said, there is still hope. I might be able to get something together soon, so don't abandon thread just yet~

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sorry but Taxes > Smash. Let me know if anybody wants to work at them! We can play after!

I do work 5 days a week and take 3 courses at the moment, so my availability might be awful but at least I don't charge ridiculous prices (free)! I probably have way more knowledge than any free / volunteer tax preparer. Learn a skill that will be with you for a lifetime, and that is infinitely useful.

How is everybody else doing? We haven't followed up much lately! Maybe we can have lunch at a NEW, EGYPTIAN restaurant that opened up at the end of 2013!

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Egyptian restaurant, you say? I'm intrigued.
Yes! It is across the street from Coquitlam Station too. Who's down!?

So, uh... we traded two of the best goalies in Canucks history (Schneider, Luongo), and who exactly did we get for them? One guy has yet to play a game and the other is who-knows-what-his-name-is.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lmao, you know the animation itself isn't too bad for something that old.

Also totes props for watching sailor moon. That's pretty manly.

Java

Smash Brother
Next Saturday should be good for me!

Regarding the Canucks goalie situation, they lost two solid, proven goalies and replaced them with two extremely promising, but unproven Swedish dudes. It's a pretty high risk, high reward move but I like it.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Depends on the time you guys go on Saturday I might be able to make it, I got a birthday party to attend around 7pm.

Also I tried watching Sailor moon not too long ago too... I just couldn't make it to the end.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Next Saturday should be good for me!

Regarding the Canucks goalie situation, they lost two solid, proven goalies and replaced them with two extremely promising, but unproven Swedish dudes. It's a pretty high risk, high reward move but I like it.
Sorry, because I don't know you yet... I want to make sure you know this is a lunch-ish date, rather than Smash. Though if somebody wants to host after, I'll be down for that. I'm down for Brawl, Melee, or somebody can show me P:M. I hope what you say about the Canucks is true because I think we've gone downhill as of late.

Sailor Moon does take some tolerance on the viewer's part, haha.

Java

Smash Brother
Sorry, because I don't know you yet... I want to make sure you know this is a lunch-ish date, rather than Smash. Though if somebody wants to host after, I'll be down for that. I'm down for Brawl, Melee, or somebody can show me P:M.
Oh ok, my bad. I just assumed smash session and got excited haha. I'm actually planning on attending the Play for Keeps tournament at SFU this weekend, y'all should come by after lunch if you're looking for some smash!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ StarWaffle StarWaffle

I did indeed :o

Are you in the PRBR for all your textures/models? Where is banner.

obvs I hope I get accepted as I'd like to help out, however I fear I may be too late to the party this time (I joined very late in the Smash Lab and BBR's lifespan as well, but hey I got accepted to both of those so...)

@ | Big D | | Big D | joined in the same application batch as I did actually.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Yeah I help out with the Alt costumes back there but I don't want any of the dumb **** I say to be so obviously tied to the PMBR. I like being somewhat anonymous.

I guess we'll see what happens, best of luck.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I haven't touched Brawl since the last tournament at SFU (in November I think?). I miss the game and would like to play it sometime. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom