• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B&B! Zero Suit General Discussion

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
skype chat sounds cool

slumber parties

WIDL

We Are Born
So, has anyone tested ZSS yet? I haven't really noticed anything. It does seem like she has slightly less friction (longer wavedashes and moonwalks), but I'm not sure. I haven't played her that much in 2.5b lately.

-Ran

Smash Master
Her throws are great now. I can't remember if the back side of her Uair sent people backwards, like Ganon's Uair, but it does.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
MK's dair slides off platforms now like your down-b, I'm going to enjoy reading them repost that information a ton of times like you guys did lol

Crashflyaway

Smash Rookie
I'd be down for a ZZS skype chat, having some trouble getting better, all I have locally are 2 casual friends. add crashflyaway

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I think you guys found all the changes. Air control for up B, d/u throw improvements, better KB on dash attack, and the ability to footstool like a normal character again, but not on stunned opponents.

I'm really anxious to see what people can do with these new grabs. They open up a lot of possibilities for her against a huge portion of the cast.

WIDL

We Are Born
So my friend and I played around a lot with 2.6 yesterday, and I noticed that I struggle a lot vs Sheilda.

Any general tips for that matchup? Sheik is the biggest issue for me. I can deal with Zelda OK.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Maybe I'm just scrubby but I still have problems KOing with ZSS.

She has moves that kill but only fsmash is especially good at it.

BTW, either I only noticed for the first time after patching Project M or it's new/much easier in 2.6, but down-b can wall-hop which has saved my life a few times, lol.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
D-smash is technically another kill move from getting F-smash out of it lol. You guys never made a good guide of when to D-smash twice on someone and what to do after it and stuff, hopefully enough people join the skype group and I can make a public Twitch/Podcast of the call to find this out

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ZSS also has a super stronk edgeguard game, so KO moves aren't necessarily a must-have.

If nothing else, she can rely on bair over, like, 170%.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I was thinking 150%, actually, but I didn't want SFP to ***** and moan that, no, bair is a terrible KO move because reasons, so I overshot my own estimations.

I don't really pay attention to percent over 100%. Once I see three digits, I just start fishing for bairs and try to get my KOs off edgeguards.

I'm only being slightly serious.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I just opened training mode, bair'd DK from the center at 135%, DI'd with the other controller, and not only did he not die, he didn't even really come close. what?

Also, ph00t, whether or not you believe with me or my criticisms are founded, I'm definitely not "******** and moaning" and I'll be perfectly happy if nothing is changed and continue to play ZSS. But I don't think she'll be very good in the grand scheme of things.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
DK is one of the easiest characters to edgeguard as ZSS. Even if it doesn't kill, it means inevitable death. I don't know when you just hit with a raw move in the middle of the stage with no setup and expect it to kill though. I never have problems killing DK at that percent because it's usually in an edgeguard or a setup towards the edges of stages.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Also, ph00t, whether or not you believe with me or my criticisms are founded, I'm definitely not "*****ing and moaning" and I'll be perfectly happy if nothing is changed and continue to play ZSS. But I don't think she'll be very good in the grand scheme of things.
You used to be such a carefree dude.

Dude.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'll give you one guess as to my skype name.

Although I'm never on skype. :\

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Yo I've been playing a bunch of ZSS lately, I'm pretty sure Sheik is an awful match up for her :c It feels like 6-4 honestly. Sheik's needles are amazing for edge guarding her as well as interrupting her movement/ laser setups. Ftlit is also like, the bane of ZSS. It negates ZSS's approach most of the time, since ftilt rise from the bottom. Then I have like, tilts left, which usually get CCed. Grabs are risky as well. I don't know what to do in the matchup, but I find it amazing to play that matchup on platform stages like Dreamland and Dracula's Castle where I can take time and space to set up my offense, as opposed to FD and Metal Cavern are awful for the matchup(and yoshis). What do you guys think?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I'll join the skype too. Messaged you my skype, Oro?!

People still using excessive blasters these days?
Still not a fan of the projectile game... and use it as a tool for presence at most. Meaning, throwing it out once in a while to establish I WILL use it, but hold off on actually using it to simply take what mental advantage of presence it gives while primarily simply falling back to DD Grab/D-Tilt/Aerials instead. Same goes for Side-B too.
I don't get how Blaster + Side-B are supposed to be BnB to ZSS's game, though last I checked, it was the norm...
Is it still the norm?

+ Anyone getting 50% of their kills with DIVEKIKU yet?

shadow0x0cloud

Smash Apprentice
Can someone give me a rundown of ZSS. Like how she should be played / how i should play her? I want to do better than F-Smash all the things

Top Bottom