• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awakening the Voice - Tiki for DLC! *Go to sleep...and wait... *

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I'm going all the time sitting at the computer to look for proxies and use. Tiki must and will be a Sm4sh character!

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I am disappointed that Tiki will never win against Ridley / Inkling and Isaac. The more popular a character in the Sm4sh Ballot, the more likely they will try it.

So I feel obliged to "cheat" (see several posts over these posts).
The ballot isn't a popularity contest. It's more of a suggestion box. Ridley won't ever make it as long as Sakurai is in charge. Just like Kitsunebi said, telling others about the character and why that character is a great choice for Smash would be the best.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
It may not popularity contest, yet the ppularity of a character is a major factor. Roy was not the most popular character of the ballot, but among the top 20 of the characters which are the most voted. So a character must be sufficiently popular to be playable as DLC. I ensure that Tiki is in the top 20 of the most popular characters.

Here there are two banners made by me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Troykv

Smash Master
It may not popularity contest, yet the ppularity of a character is a major factor. Roy was not the most popular character of the ballot, but among the top 20 of the characters which are the most voted. So a character must be sufficiently popular to be playable as DLC. I ensure that Tiki is in the top 20 of the most popular characters.

You're banner looks really cool

Kitsunebi

Smash Rookie
NNID
TenebrousFox
Ohh, those are lovely banners. Would you mind if I use one?

Those are nice banners... mind if I use one?

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
It may not popularity contest, yet the ppularity of a character is a major factor. So a character must be sufficiently popular to be playable as DLC. I ensure that Tiki is in the top 20 of the most popular characters.
Popularity is a factor but it isn't always the best choice. "Must be sufficiently popular", tell that to WFT and Mr. G & W back in 2001 as well as some of the "odd" characters that still made it in. While I like the concept of Tiki, she being a transforming character puts her (as well as many others like the proposed Young Link Mask moveset) in Sakurai's no-no list. The only way I can see her making it is by having partial transformations or something made up while leaving the transformation as a Final Smash.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
It could work that way too but this would truly depend on "Sakurai's vision". Yuna in Dissidia 012 had something like that with her Aeons.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I thought transformations were possible if both Tiki versions had the same attacks (but other models and small differences in stats)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ TikiFan TikiFan 's banners have been added to the OP!

Oh and I updated stuff in the Anna thread too. You should definitely go check it out~ ;3

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Would Sakurai go for her Akenia design or her older Awakening design?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Would Sakurai go for her Akenia design or her older Awakening design?
I reckon it'd be the Awakening design, if only due to convenience.

He could definitely surprise us with a Roy-flavoured composite design, of course, which I'd be okay with.

is this all?

is this all?
Yup.

There isn't much in the ways of news.

Last edited:

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who votes for this character? I voted already 40+ times.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Ok. I understood.

I wonder whether Tiki will still have a role as a playable character in future games of the Archanea-series because Tiki is dead in the Fire Emblem Awakening: Future Past DLC.

That will make less likely that Tiki will appear in "SSB NX".

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Vote for Tiki in the Smash ballot!
(...)​
As far as we know right now, you can only vote for one character per person. It's not quite clear how this will be moderated, so if you want to vote for submit multiple votes on multiple devices, please do so. Be sure to use different personal details if you do so! As well as that, rather than consistently spamming votes for one character (in this case, Tiki), spread 'em all out and vote for different characters. Remember to vote for your favourite character and don't feel pressured to vote for anybody else if you don't feel comfortable with it - but if you have another device and want to send in a vote on behalf of Tiki, then please do! Your support means a lot!

You have only voted once? Besides a PC, you may also have a (New) 3DS (XL) / 2DS, Wii U, smartphone or tablet so you can vote multiple times?
Others may several times Tiki vote by using different devices, but those who came up with the idea to vote on Tiki does not.

Troykv

Smash Master
You have only voted once? Besides a PC, you may also have a (New) 3DS (XL) / 2DS, Wii U, smartphone or tablet so you can vote multiple times?
Others may several times Tiki vote by using different devices, but those who came up with the idea to vote on Tiki does not.
Maybe he vote for other characters like K. Rool too.

Last edited:

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I voted on all my devices on Tiki. Hopefully she will get the look of Shadow Dragon .

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman

Here's a new banner!

I have made a request on Twitter to get Tiki as Smash DLC.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

Here's a new banner!

I have made a request on Twitter to get Tiki as Smash DLC.
Cool! I need do my own banners.

Oh? Can you link the request?

Note: Remember if you want rate Tiki in the RTC you need to nominate her more (you can do it daily).

Last edited:

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
My most recent banners is not among the other banners...

If we add the supporters of this topic, then there are 66 Tiki fans!

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
My most recent banners is not among the other banners...

If we add the supporters of this topic, then there are 66 Tiki fans!
Maybe they don't are now Tiki Supporters (or al least some of them), the Robin's reveal pretty much kills or put in a very weak position every FE support thread (with the expection of Roy's one). The Tiki's and Micaiah's thread die but recently they was revived.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I am afraid that Sakurai will use the manakete section as Final Smash...

D

Deleted member

I've been feeling oddly optimistic about Tiki's chances lately.

The end of the Ballot and presumed Ballot DLC releases can't come any sooner.

I've become so anxious for news.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
So whar if Tiki's Manakete form was an alternate form that is stronger, but only has a few attacks?
Think of it like Bowser Jr Out of Clown Cart, but without the extreme vulnerability.

Top Bottom