• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

August Direct Character Prediction Disscusion

what character(s) do you think we will get in August?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Seeing as august is pretty much Metroid Month or something apparently (considering a TON of Metroid games were released in august for some reason), I'm placing my bets on a Ridley reveal.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
When do we think would be a good time to expect this thing anyway? First or second week of?

U.N.Owen

Smash Cadet
Isaac (if Little Mac got a promotion, he's also deserving one) and 1-2 veteran (Snake and Wario/MetaKnight).

Then we can have room for PotD veteran during august and first half september. Ness/Lucas, Ice Climbers, and maybe a "new" veteran like Ganondorf or Falco.

**** Shulk.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ridley is a good possibility if not secret.

But since Tuesday, I now consider Paper Mario as a possibility too.

In fact, I tend to believe that there won't be just one reveal or at least one newcomer and one veteran. I believe it would have to be particularly hype since it would probably be the last big trailer before release in Japan.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Ridley is a good possibility if not secret.

But since Tuesday, I now consider Paper Mario as a possibility too.

In fact, I tend to believe that there won't be just one reveal or at least one newcomer and one veteran. I believe it would have to be particularly hype since it would probably be the last big trailer before release in Japan.
^^^^ this might as well end the wait with a bang

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I dunno who Meta-Kinght or Ridely are, but I'd certainly love Meta Knight or Ridley. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Placing all my money on Shulk...again.

I just really want him to be playable shut up

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Krystal (With Star fox vet), Donkey Kong Newcomer, and I guess I'll throw shulk on there since he seems to be requested but I don't know. ( I have nothing against his inclusion.) that's my prediction.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
There should be more options than Ridley and King K. Rool in this poll. I am not saying that King K. Rool and Ridley are bad choices, but there exists other characters that would not be odd balls.

WRJersey

Smash Rookie
Here's hoping for a villains trailer.
Wario, Ganondorf, Wolf, and Meta-Knight (Mewtwo) still need to return.
Or they could spoil us and throw in some newcomer villains like Ridley or King K. Rool.
Please just give us more villains.
Sakurai, please.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
My three guesses:
-Star Fox thematic trailer with Krystal reveal an Falco/Wolf as veteran (they should better show both or people will panic for the one is not announced).
-Something with Ness and Lucas and perhaps Mewtwo (since they are all psychics) and perhaps a newcomer that fits with tha group (3rd Mother rep, maybe Shulk or Isaac).
-One final big trailer for the game release that works like the opening cinematic. Lots of characters, not sure if new reveals in this though.

Oh boy I hope the incoming Nintendo Direct is early August and not late August.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I wanna say Chorus Kids with Wario, but my gut is saying a Dixie and K. Rool Trailer will come first.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well it's Hyrule Warriors focused so if its going to be anybody it will be Ganondorf, Ghirahim, or Impa. Or some combination of the 3. Not sure why they aren't in the poll. I refuse to vote curveball because they wouldn't be curveballs at all.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Well it's Hyrule Warriors focused so if its going to be anybody it will be Ganondorf, Ghirahim, or Impa. Or some combination of the 3. Not sure why they aren't in the poll. I refuse to vote curveball because they wouldn't be curveballs at all.
I don't think they will do a Smash character reveal in the hyrule direct It would feel out of place, ok maybe in the next one with in the month

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I don't think they will do a Smash character reveal in the hyrule direct It would feel out of place, ok maybe in the next one with in the month
It's possible that there will still be a generic Direct or a Smash related one later on in August. I doubt a reveal with the HW Direct as well. Maybe Ganondorf when the game launches.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It's possible that there will still be a generic Direct or a Smash related one later on in August. I doubt a reveal with the HW Direct as well. Maybe Ganondorf when the game launches.
Who knows we had the smash direct, the tomodatchi life direct and the mario kart direct all in one month so it's not impossible especially since they are having it so early in the moth

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
I feel since Gematsu isn't 100% accurate, Shulk could end up being in the game but not playable. I also lost a bit of faith in Sakurai when he said Chrom would be another plain old swordsman, it seems he doesn't know what to do with sword people after Marth and Ike. I'd love to see Shulk playable but I kind of expect a vet an a curveball.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I feel since Gematsu isn't 100% accurate, Shulk could end up being in the game but not playable. I also lost a bit of faith in Sakurai when he said Chrom would be another plain old swordsman, it seems he doesn't know what to do with sword people after Marth and Ike. I'd love to see Shulk playable but I kind of expect a vet an a curveball.
Obviously he knows how to make an original sword moveset after marth and ike but the thing is that's kinda boring and that's why robin was chosen over him

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
Robin uses his sword, but it's his tomes that make up all his specials. I'm talking about someone who solely relies on sword wielding. I have no doubts he can create original new characters.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Robin uses his sword, but it's his tomes that make up all his specials. I'm talking about someone who solely relies on sword wielding. I have no doubts he can create original new characters.
But what I'm saying is that he can create a moveset for someone solely with a sword but he finds that boring and put robin in over chrom because he's more unique

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait, does the Hyrule Warriors Direct count as the August Direct, or is it a seperate thing from the main Direct? 0_o

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Safe prediction: Shulk

What I want to happen prediction: Ridley

I will not mind if it happens/I want to see the meltdowns prediction: Duck Hunt Dog or Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom