• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 10, 2014] Shiken's Skirmishes β (Austin, TX)

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
  • Place: Mothership
  • Date: Sunday, August 10th
  • Times
    • Setup: 12:30 (Please show up at this time or earlier if you are bringing a setup!)
    • Final Entry Time: 1:20 (Only exceptions will be if Byes are available during Round 1)
    • Start: 1:30 at the latest
  • Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Project Melee version)
  • Style: Single Elimination
  • Entrants: 32 maximum, spots can be reserved here in the thread if you know you will be attending, just say so here.
  • Entry: $3
  • Payout: 70/20/10
  • Setups: Above time estimates are based on having at least 4 confirmed stations. I will be providing one and a half setups, so that means I need 2.5 more confirmed setups, please contact me by cell (2547224365) if you can provide either a full or partial setup.
  • Some notes, if we end up having more than 4 setups I'll likely remove the cap on entrants, just since this is our first tourny at the venue I want to make sure we don't run over on time, they host MTG tournaments here and will need the tables (or at least the majority of them) clear by 6pm. This is also why we're doing Single Elimination for now. I'll also be rather strict on starting matches on time for this same reason.

Confirmed Setups:
Shiken
  • TV x0 (not enough room to set up the tv I normally bring this time)
  • Wii x2
Scuba Steve
  • TV x1
  • Wii x1
fmblz
  • TV x2
  • Wii x2
Electric Tuba
  • TV x1
  • Wii x1
JayDee
  • TV x1
  • Wii x1
Grime.
  • TV x1
  • Wii x1

RESULTS:
SINGLES
1: Scuba Steve
2: Grime.
3: Hammr
4: tikobroje
5: Emuser
5: JayDee
7: Jacob
7: Limbose
9: XVC
9: FTP
9: fmblz
9: Electric Tuba
13: Zelos
13: ashen
13: Goose M

DOUBLES
1: scuba tiko (Scuba Stave & tikobroje)
2: grmblz (grime & fmblz)
3: Babies (FTP & Hammr)
4: Team Redundancy (jacob & Jaydee)
5: Team C (XVC & ashen)
5: team noobs (shiken & emu)
7: Team Young (electric tuba & limbose)

Last edited:

20X6

Smash Rookie
Hey, this is my first post so sorry if I'm in the wrong place. This tourney is being held quite near to me. I'm pretty new to Project M, but I'm looking to get back into Smash. If it's cool to have a near-total beginner enter, I'd be down to play.

Also, which day is it? August 9th is a Saturday.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for catching that, it's the 10th, on sunday.

WE ARE STILL IN NEED OF SETUPS! If you can provide a tv and/or Wii with smash, please let me know!

Last edited:

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
If we end up having more than 4 setups I'll likely remove the cap on entrants, just since this is our first tourny at the venue I want to make sure we don't run over on time, they host MTG tournaments here and will need the tables (or at least the majority of them) clear by 6pm. This is also why we're doing Single Elimination for now. Believe me I prefer double elim as well.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I'll be coming and I can bring a full setup. If you're just running singles with a 32 person cap, you should definitely be able to run a double elimination bracket before 6.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Had a meeting with the venue today to finalize details, it looks like we may have enough space to run overtime if need be, so if we get the full 4 setups, we can very likely do double elim afterall, but for now we're still planning for single. Always plan for the worst!

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
That puts us at 5 and a half setups. At this rate we can most likely accommodate double elim.

JayDee

Smash Rookie
I have 4-5 players willing to go if there is room. I have a full set-up ( wii + TV) as well. I just need to make sure that I have the latest version of PM.

Dion_SageSennin

Smash Rookie
Sorry I didn't check fast enough to know about this would have been awesome if me and my people could come really hard to find tournaments in Austin TX we just had a finals for our last tournament yesterday please let me know about the next one if you guys ever have one again

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
There's still time to attend today! We're beginning setup once the doors open, and we've still got spots available!

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Yep, they said they'd show up and open the doors for us early so we can setup before everyone gets here.
I'm actually sitting in the parking lot now, lol.

Future events shouldn't have this issue, since they'd be starting later.

Last edited:

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Tournament has begun!
We are running double elimination, and the tournament has 15 total entrants!

Top Bottom