• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Dec 26, 2015] Super Smash Saturdays @ MGC (Merrimack, NH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
Come to MGC on Saturday nights once every 2 weeks for some melee!

The venue fee is $5, entry fees are $5 per person in singles and $10 per team in doubles.

Doors open at 4:30 PM. Doubles starts at 5:30; singles registration ends at 6:45 and singles starts at 7:00. The format (whether it's round robin or double elimination) is subject to change based on attendance. Feel free to bring a setup to help move the tournament along if you can; venue fee is WAIVED if you bring a full setup that is either among the first 6 brought or is used in the tournament.

If you can't bring a full setup, you may consider bringing a GameCube/Wii, Melee, & a memory card to be used along with one of the 2 CRT TVs that are now at the venue full-time.

Results thread for past MGC tournaments, updated through 11/28/2015: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-mgc-super-smash-saturdays-results-thread.358456/

Last edited:

Hot Kaarl

Smash Rookie
What's the turn out usually like? I'm currently in manchester and I'd love to attend, but I don't have a set up

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
It varies. We've had 28 and 12 at our last two events. But it always runs smoothly and lots of friendlies get played. :)

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Sorry. My brothers should come with me and I'll team with him.

And MDZ decides to show up ill team w him

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
Given how unpredictable turnout has been for our tournaments, having more setups is better than less given how we don't know what to expect with that. Also, it means more friendlies/money matches, which is always good. So yes to an extra setup or two. As to 64/PM, I don't expect that we will have the room to run them as side events this week. If SSS were to pick up either of those (or Brawl, for that matter) I would make a new post in tournament listings to specify that.

Last edited:

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
The results link in the opening post of this thread has been updated with yesterday's results. Thanks for coming, everyone! Next SSS is scheduled to happen in two weeks (it's one which I can't attend due the NESS Qualifier I am helping to run in Durham on the same day, but whatever.)

Last edited:

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
Just a reminder that the day after tomorrow, we're holding our next Melee tournament! I hope you all can make it.

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
I live in NH, and I saw this and immediately called up my buddy and asked him if he wanted to go, then we were like "Oh wait, its melee. No thanks." Its cool that you guys are doing it, but I'd love to go to a Brawl tourney, or 4 when that comes out. Hell, I'd go there in october for a 3ds tourney!

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I live in NH, and I saw this and immediately called up my buddy and asked him if he wanted to go, then we were like "Oh wait, its melee. No thanks." Its cool that you guys are doing it, but I'd love to go to a Brawl tourney, or 4 when that comes out. Hell, I'd go there in october for a 3ds tourney!
I'm gonna host brawl tourneys at a different venue message me.

ProvokedSeven

Smash Rookie
Do you guys ever plan on changing it up and trying a PM or Brawl tournament?? Or are those just for filthy casuals??

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
Bumping because today's our next tournament! Details in the opening post have been updated.

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
With our next event happening tomorrow evening, the owner of MGC has informed me that these bi-weeklies will continue to happen (and will remain melee-specific) indefinitely. We're really looking forward to running this for awhile with a firm schedule!

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Hey MDZ if you're coming to this, we should team.

hit me up and if anyone has his # to let me know

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Also gg's to all

Crush- you're really fast and you're better for now. Atleast I took first gam and made you sweat a little. I aint free.
Keep up the good work at school man.
Sora- Ahh our sets are always sooo closeee. But Im glad you won because you had the best chance against crush. We neeedto play more
Tommy- Im sad we never played but you are super cool. We should've teamed this time around. I hate my life LIFE! haha
Tartox- Youre getting better. That SD was very unfortunate man :(
Jesse- Half baked?

anyone else step it up

I need help against this MASS of people

NH!

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
Ken Y trying to show NH how to not live free and die? Good stuff.
But on a more serious note, the lack of setups for this week's event was pretty tough on all, and I thank everyone for their patience. There will be 3 CRTs dedicated to the venue full-time from now on, which should help to make setups a non-issue for future events.

Last edited:

Genos

Smash Apprentice
Good to see there's a smash scene in the shire. Now I have some motivation to learn melee.

Any plans for smash 3DS events once that's out?

Last edited:

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
The owner of MGC told me that he's more committed to sticking with Melee for at least the next few months, mostly due to the ambiguity of how exactly you run a tournament for a game that is so new and doesn't have an established rule-set/scene. Down the line sm4sh events may be considered, but not in the immediate future.

Last edited:

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
The next MGC tournament is tomorrow - we've got more working CRTs in storage than last time and are expecting to have a good number of setups for the tourney. Be there!

Last edited:

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
GG's to everyone that i played

i straight up ***** this tournament

i had so many insane combos w different characters

also shoutouts to Klay Thompson

Tartox

Smash Rookie
GG to you as well Ken, you did go pretty beast this time, but hey next week, i'm coming for you.

Also GG to anyone else that had to face the wrath of Falcon this week.

Shoutout to WE DEM BOYZ!

(P.S) Remember doubles Ken.

Last edited:

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
So this Saturday is our next event - same time & place as usual. Whether we do round robin or straight bracket for Singles will be dependent on how many enter.

Gtown_Tom

New England Melee TO
Obligatory post because our next SSS is this Saturday! Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom