• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Smash 4 Cash 2

Smash 4 Cash 2
Posted by J-Hi
FBC Matthews Youth Activity Center
Saturday, August 6, 2016 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 6, 2016 - 06:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

J-Hi

Smash Cadet
NNID
JHi_Smash

From the makers of “Smash 4 Cash” and “How Do I Tech?!” comes…

SMASH 4 CASH 2

(AKA Smash 4 Compassion)​

When: Saturday August 6th

Where: FBCM Youth Activity Center (201 Sadie Dr, Matthews NC 28105)

What: Charity Video Game Tournament

Why: Raise money for Compassion International

Who: Everyone is welcome

Other Details:

• The entry fee is $5 or more towards Compassion International. For that donation, you can enter/play anything you want!
  • The building is the one near the bank, has a gym attached, the tournament won’t be in the sanctuary

• There’s parking to the left of the building or across the street, there’s plenty of space

• Bring Your Own Console tournaments welcome! (no M games please)

• There is a building next to the YAC for other activities like air hockey, ping pong, pool, foosball, tv, and couches.

• There will be pizza and drinks available for purchase, $1 per slice and $.50 per drink.

• Even if you aren’t a gamer, feel free to come and support the cause!

• The location, First Baptist Church of Matthews, is right next to Stumptown Park and Downtown Matthews (where Matthews Alive is held) and is packed with Pokestops and has several Pokemon Gyms nearby, so don’t be afraid to go on an adventure once you’re finished smashing it up!
Schedule:

(estimated, subject to change)

12 pm- venue opens, registration starts, friendlies

12:30 am- pm singles, side events begin

1:30 pm- smash 4 singles

2:30 pm- melee singles

3:00 pm- raffles

5:00 pm- side event registration ends

Venue will close around 6

Prizes:

*CRT setup- $10 Walmart

**HDMI setup- $10 Walmart

Entry raffle- $25 Amazon

Sm4sh, Melee, PM 1st- $20 gift card

***Side Event raffle- amiibos, posters, etc.

*2 opportunities:

-a working CRT TV with Component input

-a working console w/ a game and all necessary cables

You get 1 ticket for each that you bring, winning ticket gets $10 walmart gift card

**2 opportunities:

-a working HDMI TV with HDMI input

-a working console w/ a game and all necessary cables/adapters

1 ticket for each that you bring, winning ticket gets a SEPARATE $10 walmart gift card, one for each. Side note: WHATEVER YOU BRING PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME ON IT!!!! It helps everything go back to it’s rightful owners, please follow the all caps ^^^^^.

If you plan on bringing a console/TV, it would help if you add what you’re bringing on this Sign-Up Genius here http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f44aea92ba2f49-those

***each side event winner will be entered into a raffle to win other prizes

^Side events available:

melee 2v2, pm 2v2, sm4sh 2v2, 64 1v1, brawl 1v1, brawl minus 1v1, RoA 1v1, crew battles, low tier 1v1, 4v4, amiibo 1v1, mario kart, pokken, rocket league, battlefront, and any other competitive game (except rated M games). Please vote on what games you would like to play here (please don’t troll and select all choices pls) http://www.strawpoll.me/10742366

Also, please select the main event game(s) you would like to enter here: http://www.strawpoll.me/10774319

^if 4 people/teams are interested (2 crews for crew battles/2 teams for 4v4) and there is at least one setup, there can be a side tournament

A little about myself:

Hey guys, I’m J-Hi. I just turned 18, so my parents asked what I want since it’s, you know, a big deal being an adult and all that. So, my answer surprised them; I wanted to host a tournament. I then realized that my house wouldn’t be a very good spot for a tournament, so I thought that the youth center at my church would be a great location. I went on a youth camp with my youth group, and we were told about several charities that help people across the world, one of them being Compassion International. Our youth group has been sponsoring a child from Nicaragua named Jose for 2 years now, and this year and we raised about $150 across the youth group. It’s great that we received that much, but it’s not quite enough. It’s $38 a month to sponsor Jose, which is $456 a year. I wanted to do something to increase what was raised, so my ideas all came together to form a charity tournament at my church to raise money for Jose.

TL;DR- Charity tournament, large building, should be fun :)

One more thing, here’s Jose!

Here’s information about Compassion International and what the donations will go towards.

Any questions, don’t be afraid to ask! I'll be on a youth trip without my phone from July 18-23, but once I get home I'll be happy to answer questions.

Hopefully I’ll see you all there at Smash 4 Cash 2!

I-ninja

Smash Cadet
NNID
I-ninja13
3DS FC
4527-9851-5719
Crap now I feel bad. I host the Forsaken Fortress Monthly, in Durham. My is very likely to suck up a bunch of players from your area. I can't move the date but what I can do for you is link you to the NC facebook group and the NC TO group so later you could get more people to come and not step on the toes of near by events. The other thing I can do for you is use my event to help you raise money for Jose. As this is the NC smash website, even though it's dead the links are still useful. I ask for nothing back for this. Please email me at crossslashgaming@gmail.com.

The Mad Scientist

Smash Rookie
Do I need the memory card as well for the raffle? I ask because I don't have Dream Land (64 Version). Thanks!

J-Hi

Smash Cadet
NNID
JHi_Smash
How many people do you think will come to this event?
Up in the air really, smash on it's own hasn't drawn a huge interest so far. I'll be trying to invite more casual gamers with other games like Fifa, wii sports, ping pong, etc. Don't worry about being cramped though, there's a lot of space.

J-Hi

Smash Cadet
NNID
JHi_Smash
Do I need the memory card as well for the raffle? I ask because I don't have Dream Land (64 Version). Thanks!
I'd prefer it if you did have it, but if not that's ok, you'll still be entered. Break the targets for all characters is the method of unlocking if you don't know how btw.

J-Hi

Smash Cadet
NNID
JHi_Smash
Will you be hosting another one of these soon? I live very close by and won't be able to attend this one.
Not for a while, I'm off to college August 20th. Maybe winter break? I'll definitely try for next summer too, kinda far away though, sorry about that.

J-Hi

Smash Cadet
NNID
JHi_Smash
Also, we need Wii U's (with game and DLC) and gamecube adapters for our smash 4 tournament! Please bring them if you have them, they will count separately in the drawing, meaning if you bring both, you get entered in twice!

J-Hi

Smash Cadet
NNID
JHi_Smash
It's close to the date, and we still need more setups and controllers! I invited a bunch more people from my old high school today, handed out about 75 flyers. Let's make sure we don't leave them out to dry. SETUPS PLS (especially wii u's, wii's and crts)

J-Hi

Smash Cadet
NNID
JHi_Smash
Update: At the venue, we have 5 wii's, 3 crt's, 8 flatscreen tv's, 1 xbox one, 1 ps4, and 1 xbox 360. For games, we have 3 melee, 3 pm, 3 brawl, 1 brawl minus. NO WII U'S OR SMASH 4, PLEASE BRING YOURS IF YOU CAN. I might have some coming from friends, but the more the merrier. Here's some important links again from the main post above.

setup signup genius (no email necessary): http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f44aea92ba2f49-those
side event strawpoll: http://www.strawpoll.me/10742366
main event strawpoll: http://www.strawpoll.me/10774319
additional rules: https://tinyurl.com/s4c2rules

J-Hi

Smash Cadet
NNID
JHi_Smash
Great turnout, 42 attendees, over $260 raised for Jose! Hope everyone enjoyed the event, I appreciate every single one of you coming to support Jose. I apologize that we didn't get to do any side events, having only 2 project m setups slowed down the other events and wasn't very good planning on my part. Somehow, we cleaned up by 7, so I think we did pretty good on time. Keep your eyes peeled for another Smash 4 Cash event, either it'll be winter break for me coming home from college or during the summer next year. Next time I do it, I'll be sure to have side events incorporated and more organization. Congrats to our Fifa winner Kevin M, melee winner Nice Drink!!, smash 4 winner shotgunraptorjesus, and our co-winners for Project M shotgunraptorjesus and winterbells (called it a tie due to the melee bracket waiting for winterbells and time constraints, ignore Grand Finals results for PM). God bless, and hope to see you again at Smash 4 Cash!

Brackets can be found here: smash4cash.challonge.com

Top Bottom