• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Clutch City Clash! Houston National with $5000 in pot bonuses FT Abadango & more

Clutch City Clash! Houston National with $5000 in pot bonuses FT Abadango & more
Posted by Krebs
Legends Sport Complex
Saturday, August 6, 2016 - 07:00 AM
Until: Sunday, August 7, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Registration is now LIVE on www.smash.gg/ccc

What is Clutch City Clash? Check out the trailer HERE!

Smash United presents our very first national Smash tournament right here in Houston, TX! Featuring the best talent in the state as well as great players from around the country, with $5000 in pot bonuses, all hosted on 22,000 sq. ft. of space at Legends Sports Complex, this is an event you definitely don’t want to miss!

Learn more about the venue Legends Sport Complex here!

The following events will be hosted at Clutch City Clash, with the allocated pot bonuses:

Super Smash Bros Melee (Gamecube)
Singles $1500 Doubles $500
Ruleset

Super Smash Bros for WiiU (WiiU)
Singles $1500 Doubles $500
Ruleset

Clutch City Clash will be the first 3 STOCK NATIONAL in the United States!
Make plans to attend this historic event!

Project M (Wii)
Singles $1000
Ruleset for Singles and Doubles

Street Fighter V (PS4)
$250 pot bonus
Ruleset

Hotel information TBD (Will be posted here)

Melee fans: The Top 16 Melee players present at this tournament will not be asked to participate in pools during Day 1. Instead, at any time they are not participating in an event on Day 1, they will have a dedicated setup in a meet and greet area! This gives EVERYONE a chance to meet their favorite players and get a chance to play a game with them.
The tournament will begin bright and early on Saturday morning to make sure everything can get finished on time and make sure that each and every event gets some time on the main stage.

This event will be streamed by both Smash United and Tourney Locator, and have setups provided by Gaming Generations. Clutch City Clash will also have plenty of vendors and artists on site for your enjoyment.
We look forward to seeing everyone this August!

Got questions? We've got answers

For more information on Houston's Melee, PM, and 3 stock Smash 4 National,
Feel free to inquire in the comment section, or in the Facebook groups Houston Smash 4, Houston Melee, or Houston PM. Or email us at SmashUnitedCentral@gmail.com

Facebook event page

Furyg

Smash Rookie
How much is the payment?
I am really interested since I am free in august and could actually join a tournament that is not online.

Furyg

Smash Rookie
I learned it is 25 for early bird venue fee until 5/30 then it is 35. Then 15 for singles event and 10 for doubles event.

Rolando Gutierrez

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to register and it is asking me if I have an organization or a team but I don't so I didn't put anything and it is requiring me to put an organization.What do I do

Rolando Gutierrez

Smash Rookie
I am trying to register for the tournament but it is asking me to put an organization but I don't have one so left it blank and it doesn't let me register because I didn't put anything as my organization.what do I do

Gimp

Smash Rookie
Can we just show up and pay or do we have to pre register? It seems like registration is closed

LawRayLiet

Smash Rookie
I know the venue opens at 7am. But what specific time does Smash 4 Singles & Doubles start? I can't find the information anywhere.
It's over an hour drive from where I live and I want to make sure I make it on time.

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
I know the venue opens at 7am. But what specific time does Smash 4 Singles & Doubles start? I can't find the information anywhere.
It's over an hour drive from where I live and I want to make sure I make it on time.
The schedule is in the FB event page.

Doubles for each game start at 10am.

Singles waves start at 2, and all run until 8pm. Top 8 of each doubles starts at 8pm.

Sunday is top 48 of each singles. Top 64 for Melee

Top Bottom