• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest SFW Thread (OLD), New link in OP

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
So hyped! I'll be making a schedule section for all the dates as well as a results thread log in the OP~

bhart_ssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
bhart_ssb
I really want to go I've been following competitive smash for a while but I have never competed in tournaments. I should be able to come. This just singles right?

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I really want to go I've been following competitive smash for a while but I have never competed in tournaments. I should be able to come. This just singles right?
Yep and be sure to get here a bit early to play lots of friendlies and meet people and have fun before it gets into srs mode for a bit when the tourny starts up X)

bhart_ssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
bhart_ssb
Will do. I got a couple friends who might be coming with me but they probably won't play cause they don't think they are good enough

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Will do. I got a couple friends who might be coming with me but they probably won't play cause they don't think they are good enough
At playhem there was a wide range of skill levels, at least several were I'd say around a little below the average FG player's skill, and another 5-10 just slightly above it, just playing friendlies and watching others is fun too, and if you want to play a match or two against better players you can do a couple money matches in the later stages of the tourny when setups open up again and ask for tips instead of paying $5 for the tourny.

I'd encourage you guys to try it out and just play in the tourny anyway for fun, unless money is a problem. I'm also going to be bringing a few friends of mine sometime who are interested but haven't really gone to tournies before either.

bhart_ssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
bhart_ssb
Oh don't worry about me entering the tourney, thats without question. I am confident in my skill and thats why I am trying to find tournaments. But my friends are legit noobs. Like you know those memes about how people think they are good at smash and then all they do pick kirby and use down-b. those memes are based off of my friends.
I'm looking forward to this tournament and tournaments in the future.

Aquatics

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aquapk
I can bring a monitor and an GCA. I can't bring my wiiu. Can you try to have a doubles thing to the side ?

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
The time slot we're given is not enough time to run singles + doubles. Saturday events will almost always have doubles when those get going again though!

Aquatics

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aquapk
I'm for sure going. Hype! If anyone wants to MM let me know. But I'm only MM people who main Sonic and luigi. $1-$20

Aquatics

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aquapk
Yeah. It's a continuation of a weekly tourney but with a new name. If I'm not mistaken. It's going to be fun!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Is there commentary? I'd love to commentate
There will be commentary on the stream, yes. Though, commentary is mainly allowed for seasoned commentators or players who have showcased knowledge of the game in a way that can keep people entertained. No one wants to listen to a player who is just talking over a match providing no incite.

Does anyone know if this is going give points out or whatever for PR?
if a weekly meets the requirements listed in the Power Rankings thread then yes.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
YESYESYES! A tournament that shouldn't be too far away! ...And I can't attend this week :D! Can't wait to meet you all there!

Last edited:

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
Debating on if I am going to show up to this one or not. It all depends on how life is treating me. Don't think I'm good enough to compete at these yet.

I want to show up. I have been inspired to do better! o .o

Last edited:
Top Bottom