• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 13, 2015] OcS @ Shiver Me Smashers [Old Thread Please Close Mods]

Conti

Smash Ace

Please RSVP :) {For Updates/Logistics - Click if ur almost positive you will be here please}

Hey, Conti from Ocean County Smash Community [OcS] with our new hype Location!

Checkout the trailer for the event here if you want :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zrT-n7jjy8

Next Event afterwards is unannounced but most likely at Nova Games - Freehold - look for Nova Smash.

This Event Is Event#9 - September 13th, 2015.

BlackBeards Cave is a Family Recreation Center that features a Bar/Restaurant and a bunch of small attractions aswell (Go Karts, Water Boats, MiniGolf, Battle Tanks, Boardwalk-Style Arcade, Outdoor Bar {21+ Only}, Archery, Batting Cages, Golf Range, and more!).

They have gave me the opportunity to host weeklies in their Banquet Room which can fit about 60+ people (and use the 3 spare party rooms aswell that can fit 20+ per room) for a rough price but i think we have the numbers and growth to support it. This Venue Can Handle Alot Of People!

If this sounds fun to you definitely come check it out! I'm going to start this series off as a Weekly because I think our scene is consistent enough to do it. I was forced to drop Melee to increase the consistency of our turnouts, Ocean County just doesn't have nearly as many melee players compaired to the hype PM and WiiU Brings.
I'm going to run this as a weekly til Summer Ends!
School/Fall Season this might fall back to Bi-Weeklys or something.

For Setups I only have 4 CRTs now, 4Wiis for PM/Melee
1x WiiU FullSetup

WiiU Setups are very important for you guys to bring in, i wish i owned multiple setups but i simply cannot afford it at the time :/

Discounts for WiiUs will be Awarded at the end of the Event if we needed it for the day, Come see conti before you leave.
Full Setup (WiiU + GC Adapter + HDTV) = $3
WiiU + GC Adapter = $1 off
HDTV / Gaming Monitor = $2 off
CRT = $1 off
Wii/GC = $1 off

Discounts will be awarded if we Need the setup. If you brought it in and it wasnt needed, I appreciate the support but I cannot just give free discounts to everyone ya know {Thats why i like to gather setup info prior to the Event} Thanks all for understanding and supporting the Smash4 Scene.

***Tourny Info***
*Times*
Sunday September 13th, 2015 @ 2:00Pm at CB Huntington's *Not 100% Confirmed but most likely, otherwise Sept. 20th*
If you are helping me setup. Come by around 1:00pm, Thanks much!

Venue Starts at 1:30pm
Registration Starts at 2:00pm til Brackets Start
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles Starts at 3:00pm
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU Singles Starts at 4:30pm
Super Smash Bros. ProjectM Singles Starts at 5:30pm
Venue Ends at 8-9ish pm. [We can stay til 11 if its a super hype day and low setups but they will want to close up and we can extend it that would cost extra so I wanna try to be done by 9 for schoolnights]

{If you want to do stuff at BlackBeard's Cave I recommend coming early to have plenty of time and doing that first because they might be closed as the Venue/Tournaments come to an end!} Here's a link to all the stuff they have to offer! http://www.blackbeardscave.com/#!activites/c1jbj }

1v1 Tournaments for Smash WiiU, Melee and ProjectM ($ Prizes to Top 3 to each tournament (unless somehow low turnout)

Friendly Smash Matches of whatever game of your preference, Melee, Project:M, Smash WiiU

~Smash Venue Fees~
$10 Smash Venue (Tournaments/Friendlies/ect)
Free to Spectate

~Tournament Fees~
$10 - SmashWiiU 1v1s
$10 - Project M 1v1s
$10 - Melee 1v1s

Payout will be legit as always!
(50/25/15/10) 32 or More!
(60/30/10) 10 or More Entrants
(65/35) 6 to 9 Entrants (under 10 entrants is rare tho)
(Winner Take All!) 5 or Less Entrants [Will be Round Robin]

Venue: In C.B Huntington's Banquet Room @ BlackBeards Cave

Note: We can order food/drinks and stuff you just gotta go over to the restraunt/bar to order and they will bring it out to you. Please be respectful and good to the workers! They appreciate Tips alot and It helps me keep the Venue Cost down so please Tip then if You can

***Address***
Just a note that the Venue is actually in C.B. Huntington which is connected with BlackBeards Cave

140 Atlantic City Blvd
Bayville, New Jersey 08721

Streamed with Commentary at twitch.tv/ContiBeastMode

Will be later uploaded to https://www.youtube.com/user/ContiBeastMode on youtube.

Tournament will be organized via Challonge at ocs.challonge.com

Rules: These rules apply to all events, specific events below. If you have any questions about the rules, please ask up front rather than waiting till after a match to ask. It could be too late!

SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WIIU - OcS Ruleset V1

Game version: US Nintendo WiiU
Game Settings: 3 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Customs/Equipment Off, 2/3 Games
[Or 2Stock 6Mins if not enough Setups / too many people to finish in time]

Amiibo’s are banned.
Order of events: Pick characters, then stage striking

Custom moves are off.

Neutral Stages:
Smashville
BattleField
FinalDestination
Town and City
DreamLand

CounterPick [1Ban]
Lylat Cruise

Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
You may not play on a stage that is not on the available stages list. This will result in a double disqualification.
Maximum allowed time between games is 60 seconds. Any player violating this rule will be issued a loss.
There will be no loading anything on to the consoles from a Nintendo portable gaming system.
Allowed controllers: WiiU Pro Controller & GameCube Controller.

SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE

Game version: US Nintendo GameCube
Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
Counter-pick stages: Pokemon Stadium.
Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.
You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

****OcS PM Ruleset****
Project:M is 4Stocks, 8 Mins.
OcS P:M Stage List
- PM Starter Stages
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Story [Singles only]
Lylat Cruise [Doubles only]

- PM Counterpick Stages (3 bans)
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Yoshi's Island
Warioware
Distant Planet
Delphino's Secret
Fountain of Dreams

Join Our Local FB Group for Other Events I host, Streams/Results from Previous Events, Friendlies and Friends around Ocean County, NJ
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OCSmashBrosPlayers/

Also Checkout BlackBeards Cave at
https://www.facebook.com/BlackbeardsCave?fref=ts

And Checkout the Venue Host/Restraunt CB Huntingtons at https://www.facebook.com/pages/CB-Huntingtons/376980635742032?fref=ts

OC Smash Full Results/PowerRankings Page: http://smashboards.com/threads/oc-s...-results-points-thread-pm-melee-wiiu.380438/8

Last edited:

Facading

Smash Apprentice
That's awesome, I had no idea my hometown had a smash community. I'll definitely have to come down to check this out.

Are you guys doing any doubles?

Last edited:

Nightshift

Smash Cadet
NNID
jpzwickau
3DS FC
3196-4245-0422
Is it customary to bring a 3ds and copy of smash bros. like it is customary to bring a gamecube controller in previous games?

Conti

Smash Ace
no doubles as of now [maybe in future] and yes sorry its been a busy week for me.

Ok so we are pretty much good for today.
6 P:M Setups, 1 Melee Friendly [that we can swap for P:M]
My Friend Is letting me borrow their Tablet so i can run the brackets on there it should be legit.
Venue starts at 2,
Smash3DS Starts at 3:30,
Project M Starts at 5:00-ish
Msg me or call if you are running late,

Address Again is ...
Close Encounters Games
1861 Hooper Ave, Toms River, New Jersey 08753

Free Parking everywhere for anyone concerned, just dont park in front of the diner next door,
There's parking across the street from the shop that has plenty of spaces.

Thanks
- OcSc | ContiBeastMode

Conti

Smash Ace
Wanna try out P:M 3.5 Today? Come to O.C. Smash!
Free friendlies if you don't want to enter the tournament
$10 Venue if you do wish to enter tournaments [in 2 weeks it will be dropping to $5, attempting to gain funds for a WiiU], with $5 Entry to each tournament. I can't wait for this new Era of Smash to start. P:M 3.5 this week, and next week we are getting the new Smash, ‪#‎Hype‬
Thanks all - Conti
https://www.facebook.com/events/1502991139987124/

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
Next Weekends OcSc Event!
*Times are set Earlier, Venue starts at 4, Smash4 at 5, ProjectM at 6!* *Venue changed to $5 [but no more free friendlies im sorry -.-]*
WiiU Launch Event! - We need help with WiiU Setups tho or it won't happen. Free Venue if you can bring in a full setup! [post on event page]
Also Vex has a Capture Card, and We need a Mixer/Headsets and a Computer Capable of Streaming our Events! {8+GB Ram, Fast Processor, High End Graphics Card} If you want to be part of the Project to build a Community Stream please message me!
See you guys there!
- Conti
https://www.facebook.com/events/991093917572349/

Conti

Smash Ace
Today's our OcSc Weekly! Starts at 6.
I started a PowerRankings on Ocean County Smash Community that I will be tracking and updating weekly! Every 6Months the Season will reset and Prizes like an Amiibo, Character Plushys, Gift Cards, Smash T-Shirts / whatever you can think of thats in the price range (or even a brand new GC Controller for 1st Place if that is what you desire) will be awarded to the Top3 in each power ranking (SmashWiiU or Project:M, {or even both if your that good ;P)
Power Rankings include every event I've hosted in the last 6months that i have record of; starting from Hyperbolic Time Portal #1 til today. Rankings for this Season count up until Dec 28th and Rewards will be awarded early January 2015!
Come check us out this Holiday Season and Show Me Your Moves!
Thanks All & Happy Holidays
- OcSc | ContiBeastMode
https://www.facebook.com/events/1565882463623851/

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
This Weekends OcSc Weekly, happening Tomorrow (Sunday) at 6pm!
[Last week was pretty decent with 21 in the Venue, Let's get some Holiday Hype!]
** Next Week I May be doing a more involved daytime tournament that will be featuring Melee/P:M/SmashWiiU Singles & Doubles. So keep an eye out for that, People keep asking me for Melee & Doubles and C.E. is giving me the opportunity to utilize a whole day in their store so I'm going to make the most out of it.
I'm working on having a Stream [for At least SmashWiiU but i want All 3] aswell for that Event as long my friend comes thru with the Stream setup.
More info will be up soon on OcSc but that's all for now.
Thanks for helping us build!
- Conti
https://www.facebook.com/events/542175272584403/

Conti

Smash Ace
OC Smash Weeklies are now officially the "HyperBolic Smash Chamber" series,
We got the 1pm TimeSlot for this weekend!
*Also since a few of you asked, I will be hosting Melee for this.
[Anytime we get the Earlier in the day TimeSlot i will host Melee]
We have a recording setup for the WiiU now that will be uploaded to Youtube Every week. See you guys Sunday! Happy Holidays!
- OcS | ContiBeastMode

https://www.facebook.com/events/805188042877776/

Conti

Smash Ace
Next Week is cancelled because we have no time slot, So we are looking at January 11th for the next event.
SmashWiiU has been hype lately [23 and 26 entrants at my last 2 events], We really need P:M/Melee hype because good people are still coming out but not as many people have been entering. But yeah, Here's the event page. See you guys there!
https://www.facebook.com/events/738393519570715/

Conti

Smash Ace
See you guys tomorrow! Last event was pretty awesome, I'm excited to see how tomorrow goes on such a busy tournament weekend.
Also we need a wiiU setup or so, so please bring one in if possible. Thanks much

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in participating, I just have some questions

-Are there Smash 3DS tournaments or is it only Wii U?
-I'm not available for the 25th, when is the next tournament after that scheduled?

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Come Hyperbolic Tomorrow Evening! [P:M/SmashWiiU this week due to time constraints]
https://www.facebook.com/events/324223677771095/?ref=70

and pite u can use the 3ds as a controller i suppose to enter. i'm not sure when the next event is exactly, things have been hard to schedule lately, ill keep ya posted
Well I can play with GameCube controller, but I've found myself more proficient in the 3DS version than Wii U.

Conti

Smash Ace
It started at 7 finished at 10 kinda late but not terrible, and yeah dude thats fine u can use a GC Controller, im unsure on the next event as of now ill update soon

ElectroSaber

Smash Rookie
NNID
ElectroSaber
Hi,
I've been eyeing this event for a few weeks now and I've been wondering, is there a minimum age requirement? My friends and I are 13-14, and this is the only close Smash event we can really go to (we live in Silverton)

goldenlucario456

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sync606
3DS FC
5026-4720-3152
Hi,
I've been eyeing this event for a few weeks now and I've been wondering, is there a minimum age requirement? My friends and I are 13-14, and this is the only close Smash event we can really go to (we live in Silverton)
no age requirment im 16 and im one their top players so yeagh come whenever u want

Conti

Smash Ace
Yeah no age requirement [i encourage it tbh], honestly the younger you start the better you are as you grow.
As for today on the 1st i dont think so, i didn't think there would be any interest with apex. If there suddenly is a spark in intrest and it does happen [maybe like an Apex Viewing Party with tournys?] just watch this thread today. This is doubtful imo, but it would be fun if possible.
but anyways
Okay guys so here's whats up, I cannot host the 8th or 15th this coming febuary at C.E. [they have no time slot] My Van currently is broken down and I'm currently in a struggle irl with finding a new job (since i just moved to jackson) and getting it fixed. I'm also still waiting on an answer from the bowling alley, I finally bought mins on my phone so i can call them it's just i gotta wait til monday to talk to them. Also i might have something with East Coast Gamers happenin in march unconfirmed aswell. In the meantime this event is a definite so mark your calendars and i'll keep yall posted on the rest. Thanks all
- OcS | ContiBeastMode

https://www.facebook.com/events/441004739380881/?ref=70

Last edited:

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Are sign ups going to be there?
This is gonna be my first tourney and I just wanna be sure.

Conti

Smash Ace
Last edited:

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Just another note that this Series is Cancled for now.
I'm Trying my absolute best to find a new Venue, but for now, It's pretty beat

In the meantime i have a monthly event coming up 4/26/2015
CE Final Smash, Here's the links
Smashboards > http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-...-wiiu-p-m-singles-teams-toms-river-nj.382208/

Facebook [Rsvp please] > https://www.facebook.com/events/1588179098096106/
Few, thanks for confirming the date! I was getting worried that that was canclled too becuase I couldn't find it on events listing.
I defenetly try to make it too that!

Conti

Smash Ace
NEW WEEKLY VENUE HYPE! Here's The Trailer With Some Details :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zrT-n7jjy8

Bar/Restaurant Banquet Room + up to 3 spare party rooms. Plenty of room to Smash... Go Karts, Mini-Golf, Bumper Boats, Mini-Arcade & Other Neat Stuff. Note: PM/Melee are alternating per week.

Event Pages:
6/17 - Shiver Me Smashers #1! - Smash WiiU/ProjectM OcS Weekly Tournament {Feat: DVD? & OcS Crew}
https://www.facebook.com/events/465259210297695/

6/24 - Shiver Me Smashers #2! - Smash WiiU/Melee OcS Weekly Tournament {Feat: OcS Crew}
https://www.facebook.com/events/1609654502646141/

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
hype! but... summer of smash? I dont get outta school until after the second one what kinda summer are you going off of?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Can I upload my own custom set at this tourney? I can replace the one I uploaded with the original after I'm done.

Conti

Smash Ace
Can I upload my own custom set at this tourney? I can replace the one I uploaded with the original after I'm done.
i want to say yes, but we are using EVO which uses all 10 slots and we can't im tryin to keep it EVO for the time being then plan to change the ruleset afterwards. so unfortunately no :/ my b

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
i want to say yes, but we are using EVO which uses all 10 slots and we can't im tryin to keep it EVO for the time being then plan to change the ruleset afterwards. so unfortunately no :/ my b
Awww ok, wouldn't make sense for me to come then. It's a shame cuz you're one town over from me too.

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
Awww ok, wouldn't make sense for me to come then. It's a shame cuz you're one town over from me too.
Awe dang, I'm sorry -.- you should give it a shot anyways :3 haha jk,
I honestly am so unsure what to do about customs, i just wanna keep it evo til it passes and make my own ruleset that would allow u to do that honestly, or possibly ban customs lol. Such a debate, the local scene likes customs so idk -.- But yeah this scene is growing like crazy, a new local ran by someone else just had 30 for WiiU and 20 for PM [and my last event was pretty decent aswell], summer is comin xD Plus outside of these venues it's quite a drive. But if not, yeah keep an eye out for us after evo.

Last edited:

~Fusion~

Smash Rookie
Coming into town this week for a while, and was looking for events and just happened to come across this one and it looks good. But just to confirm, is the only tourney with Melee on the 24th?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I honestly am so unsure what to do about customs, i just wanna keep it evo til it passes and make my own ruleset that would allow u to do that honestly, or possibly ban customs lol. Such a debate, the local scene likes customs so idk -.- But yeah this scene is growing like crazy, a new local ran by someone else just had 30 for WiiU and 20 for PM [and my last event was pretty decent aswell], summer is comin xD Plus outside of these venues it's quite a drive. But if not, yeah keep an eye out for us after evo.
I may actually come afterall, I just won't use my main I guess because the participants ****ed his customs sets over.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
And if I may offer my own opinion on customs. I think it's a mistake to adhere to the Evo Ruleset for a tournament like this. Most of those attending this will be local players looking to compete, most of whom will NOT be attending Evo. Evo’s custom ruleset was adopted by those who are not knowledgeable about the smash community or game, while simultaneously hosting the largest smash tournament of all time. Their rules are made for convenience and not for optimization or providing the best experience possible. And therefore I do think it’s a mistake to use the Evo customs, since most of us did not take part in their creation and many of us do not agree with them.

Top Bottom