• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 31, 2014] Geeksboro Smash Weekend #5b - PM/64 Edition (Greensboro, NC)

clowsui

Smash Legend
#Chisports Presents: Geeksboro Smash Weekend #5b - PM/64 Edition
PREREGISTRATION LINK: http://bit.ly/UaeHSV

8-31-14

I. Introduction
II. Venue Information
III. Ruleset
IV. Schedule
V. Miscellaneous
VI. Contact Information

I. Introduction

My name is Chi, also known in the community as clowsui. This is the sixth installment of events at Geeksboro Coffeehouse Cinema in Greensboro, North Carolina. Typically Brawl gets entries of 15-25 people, and PM and Melee get around 40-50 people. Individuals of all skill levels come to participate, many of the for the first time; and so far I have never had a dissatisfied customer. So if you live in the NC area and are interested in joining the community, come on out!

II. Venue Information

Geeksboro Coffeehouse Cinema, located at 2134 Lawndale Drive, Greensboro, NC, is as you might guess a coffee parlor. The venue owner is interested in showcasing and providing a space for gaming communities in order to show off the positive power of gaming. As we all know, the Smash community is much like a family for all its members. So you might say that this venue is perfect for us. But how about some concrete details about the place?

- 8 TVs already at the venue and available for us to use, meaning we can support up to 40-50 players on their equipment alone provided people bring systems.
- A HUGE amount of floor space
- Air conditioning
- Delicious beverages available for purchase
- Food nearby, including Chipotle very close by
- Did I mention delicious beverages available for purchase?
- Open until 2 a.m. on Saturdays
- Accessible by GTA, fairly close to highway

If you have any doubts still about this place, have no fear! Pictures will be on their way soon. Lauren and I simply forgot to take some when we went to check it out.

III. Fees and Ruleset

VENUE FEE: $5 - if you attend this day and the Melee day, you get it refunded if you pre-registered for both!

PM SINGLES ENTRY: $10

64 SINGLES ENTRY: $5 (this one is non negotiable and was set by the venue)

PM DOUBLES ENTRY: $10 PER TEAM (also negotiable)

64 Ruleset:

* 5 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Best of 3 matches until Winners, Losers and Grand Finals
* All characters are legal, but for visibility reasons darker color variations of certain characters may be requested to not be used on Congo Jungle.

Stagelist:

Starter Stage
Dreamland

Counterpick
Congo Jungle
Peach's Castle
Hyrule Temple

After each match:
1. Loser chooses counterpick stage
2. Winner chooses their character
3. Loser chooses their character

PM Ruleset:

* 3 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE.
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* The TO staff reserves the right to change rulesets accordingly in the event of a new release at least two weeks before the tournament.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “122112″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Starter
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi’s Story

Counterpick
Dracula’s Castle
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare
Yoshi’s Island: Brawl

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Additional Rules:

* Player’s Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Glitches: Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

IV. Payouts and Schedule

IF THERE ARE LESS THAN 32 ENTRANTS TO AN EVENT:
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

IF THERE ARE MORE THAN 32 ENTRANTS TO AN EVENT, BUT LESS THAN 64:
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%

SCHEDULE:
11:00 a.m. -1:45 p.m. Registration
2:00 p.m. Doubles Tournaments for 64 and PM Begin
4:30 p.m. - 5:15 p.m Food Break
5:15 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. 64 and PM Singles Brackets

V. Miscellaneous
- PM and 64 on this weekend, Brawl and Melee on the previous. This prevents entry cap.
- We are trying out the 3 stock ruleset at this event. Let's see what the feedback is.

- I actually don't care about DQ'ing people. I'm pretty bad at saying no but I'm also pretty dead set on wanting to get out as early as possible. You should be too. Crews and side events are fun, and so is going out to eat.
- Try to take cool photographs at this event and post them up afterwards through IG/FB etc. If we see a lot, there will be chances for venue reduction too.

- Re: schedule. I obviously don't expect everything to go perfectly, but in the end all the shorter/longer matches should balance out and the small breaks that people take will balance out also. Trust me.
- Please be responsible and respectful. Smokers (of all kinds), please USE COMMON SENSE.

VI. Contact Information

Me (513) 206-0500 <-- call or text this
Venue (336) 355-7180 <-- call this

Last edited:

lord narwhal

Smash Apprentice
Doubles for 64 also $5?
also, I don't suppose there's going to be an overclocked 64 for teams? probably not.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
yo HYRULE LEGAL FOR 64? I LOVE YOU

I'll probably go and bring my 64 with smash

Last edited:
Top Bottom