• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 30, 2014] [Melee / PM / Smash64*] Super Smashed Monthly #2 (Wetumpka)

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good. The more ways we split the merrier, though! Anyone else?

Also, I see the point about getting as many people into the community as possible and I agree. How about you hold the biweekly tournaments, but occasionally advertise one of them as "bigger" and schedule it further ahead. I think that would solve every issue here. Any opinions?
I like it. We can discuss this tomorrow.

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Welp no one's responding to me asking if they want to go to this. Not driving up by myself.

Head's killing me, someone else would need to drive.

Last edited:

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Melee Results: http://smashboards.com/rankings/super-smashed-melee-monthly-1.1733/event

PM Results: http://smashboards.com/rankings/super-smashed-pm-monthly-1.1734/event

Who won this 8 man bracket?
Was it Cheap?
Where did Cody place?
Yep, Cheap took it. He put me and Cody in losers (I hit him game one both brackets with random seeding, GDLK bracket luck as usual).

I swear, if I could stop hitting people who have played this game for like a decade in brackets I might do a little better than 0-2 every tournament. Oh well, my time in the lab is starting to pay off. And my roommate now plays Melee + PM (and he's a peach player) so @ _Keno_ _Keno_ better watch out next month. :shyguy:

Last edited:

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry dude, Cheap is good.
The last time I played him, he destroyed me. That was 2012 though.
Taylor and I will try to make it up there next time.
But Mobile has to go.

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry dude, Cheap is good.
The last time I played him, he destroyed me. That was 2012 though.
Taylor and I will try to make it up there next time.
But Mobile has to go.
No sweat here, I just stay grinding. I got those drill-waveshine jc upsmashes and waveshine jc grabs at just about 100. I hear Peach is a fan of those.

Also, psyched for HP this weekend. Montgomery is coming, you already know...

Last edited:

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Next time you can make the results thread i one thread, just make it the insert tournament name here results thread and post all the different brackets.

Also, update this thread for the next monthly/weekly/however you're doing it, and set up the new event etc.

At least that's what brannon does with the HP thread.

Last edited:

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Next time you can make the results thread i one thread, just make it the insert tournament name here results thread and post all the different brackets.

Also, update this thread for the next monthly/weekly/however you're doing it, and set up the new event etc.

At least that's what brannon does with the HP thread.
I was planning on doing it as one thread with spoilers to make results URLs smaller and consolidate things, but I suppose a results thread wouldn't hurt either. I could just do all of that there. I was going to continue to use this thread for the monthlies though, for sure.

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Any smash game you guys want to play is welcome. If we can get enough people I also wanted to do a side event with Pokemon Puzzle League or Tetris Attack... :) @ NinKenDo64 NinKenDo64

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I wont be able to go, this is during Dragon-Con, which was scheduled a year ago for me. =/

I'll definitely be making it out to the others!

imrai

Smash Apprentice
I am so hype for 64. I just want to make sure at least a few people are going to come... Should I reschedule due to Dragoncon? Hadn't even thought about it.

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
I mean if everyone's okay with a reschedule. I think they actually gave me work this weekend so :/.

And the weekend after this one there's f-air in fairhope and that tournament at alabama that I won't be going to lol.

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Think I'm going to postpone our monthly due to the larger tournaments in Pensacola and Georgia this weekend, and due to Dragoncon which a few people have told me they will be attending instead. I'll probably be having a smashfest and carpool to the tournament in Georgia instead for those that are interested. Let me know.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Reboot this for the last weekend of every month. That way, those who don't make it to HP can make it to this.

Top Bottom