• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Aug 22, 2015] SKTAR 4 - National Smash Bros Melee & Wii U Tournament ft... (Somerset, NJ)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

322 Franklin Blvd
Somerset NJ 08973

From New York City
From MD/VA
From MA/NE
From Philly PA

Coming soon

All Registration will be done online
Venue fee = $35
Singles = $10
Doubles = $10 per person ($20 per team)
Side Event = Auction! (register in person)
Refunds close when registration does (August 15th 2015)

Get ready for Cheeseburgers, Chicken Sandwiches, and KEITARO FRIES!!

1st: 45%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
7th: 2.5

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

Last edited:

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
*sigh* Another Tournament hosting Melee and Smash 4 without... well you can guess where I'm going with this.

Unless that "Side event:?" is what I think it is?

Austin Cucchiara

Smash Rookie
I'll be there. Sm4sh is all I've been playing and I promised myself I'd enter the next tournament I see. Watch out for my Ness

Palmerfan

Smash Apprentice
What steps are being taken to make this run better than SKTAR3/KTAR11? I'm skeptical after the way those two tournaments were run.

Last edited:

Keitaro

What steps are being taken to make this run better than SKTAR3/KTAR11? I'm skeptical after the way those two tournaments were run.
I completely understand why you would question how it would be ran. For starters, the number of events from KTAR 11 to KTAR 12 have decreased from 7 to 2 respectfully. The last KTAR had 350 people for a 1 day tournament featuring 7 events which many TOs have said is impossible to run correctly. With only two events for this KTAR I can promise the tourney being ran very much on time. Without multiple games we won't have issues of players holding up brackets.

SKTAR has went from 6 events to 4. Also we are running full bracket pools this time around with a schedule similar to the original planned Apex 2015 schedule where you'll know exactly when to come for your matches. I believe both events will run very smoothly and I'm running my schedule by many TOs and they like the idea.

So it would be best to have proof of these events running smooth, but if anything feel free to keep track of KTAR XII and see if the event runs well. I'm sure it will though. Same for this one. I will be asking players for feedback on how they feel the event was ran too.

Crunchii

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaoticCrunchii
3DS FC
2277-6764-4678
Hoping to go to this as my first offline tournament.
Edit: Never mind I found out the answers myself.

That's all I can really think up of at the moment, thanks! Also, nice Neku Sakuraba avatar! It's been such a long time since I've seen a fellow TWEWY fan! :D

Last edited:

Frankie

Smash Rookie

322 Franklin Blvd
Somerset NJ 08973

From New York City
From MD/VA
From MA/NE
From Philly PA

Coming soon

Venue fee = $20
Singles = $10
Side Event = ?

Updated Soon!

Updated Soon!

Leffen, ZeRo, and more!​

Frankie

Smash Rookie
Damn. Ktar XII is the day I leave for the beach, SKTAR 4 is the day I come back!

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Getting reeeeaallyyy tired of Majors that had possibly the biggest showing for Project M constantly dropping it. I understand the Nintendo-Sponsorship standpoint, but the Smash community has always been about its fans/players.. don't give up on PM yet.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
If the next semester starts after this, I'm totally going. Maybe I'll be halfway decent at Smash by then. I remember SKTAR 3 was a little crazy, but how could I not go to a major that's so close?

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
A part of me wants to travel all the way to the states to attend this event, realistically, I don't know if I'll be able to though.

Seffrey Loomis

Smash Rookie
NNID
Seffrey
3DS FC
1590-4786-2803
I am not sure if my thread just won't fix, but is anybody else still waiting for the rules and stages? I expect them to be similar as previous majors but DLCs? Where do they stand?

SomeDumbAcs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sakuyadorf
I'm more of a "walk in and pay" kind of person online signs are weird to me and I don't trust them or can I pay venue there and just get food?

Kaptin

Smash Rookie
Is there anytime for friendly? My friend is very new and wants to learn and play without going into pools.

PK-Smashbox

Smash Rookie
NNID
souleater121
3DS FC
2664-2709-8093
Hey this is my first tourney so is there anything I need to know about this tournament and how previous versions of this tournament went?

Lapsy143

Smash Rookie
Hey Keitaro, I'm wondering about the date of Smash 4. I'm going to be somewhere on the 22'nd, and I'm wondering if your planning to do it on the 23'rd so I can make the plan ahead of time. If you can respond, thanks!

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice

322 Franklin Blvd
Somerset NJ 08973

From New York City
From MD/VA
From MA/NE
From Philly PA

Coming soon

Venue fee = $20
Singles = $10
Side Event = ?

Updated Soon!

Updated Soon!

Leffen, ZeRo, and more!​

Keitaro

All setups and outlets will be specifically for Melee/Smash 4 so we won't have a PM side event. We will have a side event for both Melee and Smash 4 here though.

Registration ends August 15th at 11:59 pm so register now here! www.smash.gg/tournament/sktar-4

Smash 4 rules are up!

Qazoo306

Smash Cadet
When in the day do each of the events start? I'd like to show up to play in both, but I can't if they start in the morning.

Staticky

Smash Cadet
So can we walk in and pay at the door or did we have to register before that date?

ticzero

Smash Rookie
Hey is it too late to join? I just found out about smash boards. I live in New Brunswick. I've never been in a tournament and this is really close to me. Would it be possible to pay at the door?

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
Hey @ Keitaro Keitaro wondering if there will be any time for last minute sign ups or if I dropped the ball and will just have to wait for SKTAR 5. I was going to ask about your schedule but I found a helpful google doc of the schedule on the actual sign up site. I think it would be helpful if you referenced or included this link somewhere on the SmashBoards thread. (Well it's a little late now.)

Da Loc

Smash Cadet
Everyone. You can google sktar 4 and go to the Facebook page. To answer everyone's question, yes you can show up at the door and pay but there up are only a limited amount of spots (like 10 or so)

Top Bottom