• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I can tell that my fundamentals are improving. Slowly but surely. New headphones helped me concentrate much more. I got close to beating players I never thought I had a chance against in the past. Win or lose I had a good time other than that Falco. GGs. Also. PM doubles on top of singles soon please!

BLUX

Smash Cadet
I can tell that my fundamentals are improving. Slowly but surely. New headphones helped me concentrate much more. I got close to beating players I never thought I had a chance against in the past. Win or lose I had a good time other than that Falco. GGs. Also. PM doubles on top of singles soon please!
yeah im finally starting to click too. metroid helped me alot with that and i almost beat him if it weren't for some janky metaknight upB's (gotta find a better way to meteor cancel with him). summer school ends on wednesday for me so im gonna try to play more smash then

B.W.

Smash Champion
Thanks to a soon to be acquired car, I'll probably be looking to play with people more often. You'll see me ask in the Facebook group so look out for me.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have a tri-wing screwdriver i can borrow tomorrow?!?!?!?!?! Mine won't be here for like 3 weeks lol. That's the price of free shipping.

(also this post is very m2k-esque)

Webs

Smash Cadet
Wavedash Wednesday results for PM and Melee 7/2/14: WHERE THE HELL WAS EVERYONE LAST NIGHT EDITION

PM Top 4: (46 entrants)

1. VGz | Seagull Joe
2. Dart
3. DLA
4. Vro
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_PM_LadderBracket_2

Melee Top 4: (35 entrants)
1. Trail
2. Dart
3. Cosmo
4. Scythe
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/users/expgaming

PM Ladder system continued along this week. You can check out ladder rankings here: Ladder Rankings

WHERE WAS EVERYONE LOL

PM and Melee VODs are up at http://www.youtube.com/windycitysmash or you can watch the twitch archive at http://www.twitch.tv/windycitysmash

EVO SOON

Vic

Smash Cadet
NNID
victimer3
Sweet, didn't realize this was so close to my college. When I go back I might have to start coming to these.

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
Im going to come.
But, what do you do in wavedash wednesday?
You can enter the Melee or PM 1v1 tournament if you choose to.

If not you can just pay and play friendlies (i.e. matches that aren't in the bracket) for however long you'd like until the venue closes.

But you can't really play friendlies whilst the bracket is going on, since they need those setups for the bracket matches.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Dear everybody, I wish to go to Wavedash Wednesday. However, I have no ride. :( Can somebody explain public transportation to a guy who's never had to use them before? Or is there a Smashboards party van I'm unaware of?

B.W.

Smash Champion
For Trains

Go on train with cash.

Pay for ticket when asked.

Get off at required stop.

For Buses

Get bus schedule so you know what other buses you'll need to transfer to.

Wait at bus stop with cash.

Put money in whatever cash thing said bus has.

Take a seat.

Pull wire when arriving at a stop you need to be at.

Get on next bus if required, otherwise welcome to EXP.

-

I've only taken public transportation once. It was an adventure, I must say.

IceTrain

Smash Rookie
The train will be arriving on schedule. I'll be there for my first tourney and I think I can beat probably everyone here.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I did real well yesterday. I think I proved the theory Zwarm. Playing other characters only knowing their basics has aided my fundamentals.

The Webbiest Turnip

Smash Rookie
This was alot of fun Hopefully i get to play yall again sometime soon also shout out to Zwarm Icetrain Megamario and everyone who i played you made my first Chicago experience sick also where are the results doe?!

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
This was alot of fun Hopefully i get to play yall again sometime soon also shout out to Zwarm Icetrain Megamario and everyone who i played you made my first Chicago experience sick also where are the results doe?!
I didn't really understand half of what you were trying to explain to me, but you're a cool guy.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
i don't think anyone really cares about the ladder crap.

Weird way of establishing power rankings.

The hell am i even doing here? pff

Top Bottom