• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aug. 16th-17th: Low Tier City 2! PREREG ENDS TONIGHT Sethlon, Mew2King, Westballz, Wobbles, and More

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
already figuring cost of entering melee doubles and singles and getting a hotel room for the night just cause why not lol.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Aw yeah. I'll try as hard as I can to come to this. I'll do dubs if I get confirmed. Don't want to pull another @Proots :( I'm so sorry Proots I'll make it up to you somehow

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
have you guys never been to a national before or something
That's what I'm thinking. To have a nice tourney experience like this, you have to dish out a little extra. I've been to a national that was not worth the money, but I think Oracle is a better TO and the venue is great from the sound of it. I'm sure LTC2 will be worth the price tag gentlemen. Save up.

Last edited:

Bryonato

Green Hat
That's just how it works. Events like this take a lot of time, effort, and money to put together. Complaining about entry fees (especially ones as average as these) is just disrespectful to the TO and rude.

Oracle

Smash Master
Yeah I know the price is a little steeper than most tournaments, but its for 2 days, and youll have the opportunity to play a boatload of out of state top players in a huge, super nice venue. Also this is 2 months in advance, so youll have that much more time to save up ( ans compared to whobo 50 at the door or sktar 40, this is extremely reasonable lmao)

More importantly, ive been talking to a special guest about attending. No promises, but if we can get enough confirmed entrants he will almost definitely be showing up. Hint;: he did really well at sktar3 and isnt sethlon

Last edited:

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Yeah I know the price is a little steeper than most tournaments, but its for 2 days, and youll have the opportunity to play a boatload of out of state top players in a huge, super nice venue. Also this is 2 months in advance, so youll have that much more time to save up ( ans compared to whobo 50 at the door or sktar 40, this is extremely reasonable lmao)

More importantly, ive been talking to a special guest about attending. No promises, but if we can get enough confirmed entrants he will almost definitely be showing up. Hint;: he did really well at sktar3 and isnt sethlon
If any of the Top 5 show up I will poop my pants.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I mean, I'll play for $0 if you'd prefer that. You don't have to bribe me to get you to play you.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
I mean, I'll play for $0 if you'd prefer that. You don't have to bribe me to get you to play you.
Oh, I just assume the good players will only pay attention if you MM them, lol. Then yeah, if you're down for some friendlies that would be awesome man. It'd make my day :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Maybe the secret is that I'm not a good player!

Regardless, yeah, we can get some matches in.

Last edited:

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Maybe the secret is that I'm not a good player!

Regardless, yeah, we can get some matches in.
Man I don't wanna hear that, you're one of, if not the best Ivy player I've ever seen. I hope you will teach me the ways when we play.

D

Deleted member

But to play me you have to pay 20 dollars per match and even if you win I keep the money

cutting in line is allowed

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Meeting some OoS players that I look up to heavily, and playing against some of the best PM players period? This would definitely be the way to end off summer before college. I'll do anything I can to go to this.

How many people are going to be registered for Melee? I don't want to go unless it's going to have at least 50 people. Also, check out NM's event happening a few week's prior to this. We've got Light there, and we're hoping Axe comes down too. :) Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/624346557635310/

One last thing: would it be possible for me to get housing with anyone if I do come? It would be only me and road trips are kind of expensive by yourself. At least, it is most likely just me.

Wow. That's wonderful! :) Second question about housing. Is there anyone able to do that? Unless of course I come down with anyone else. Then we'll pay for a hotel room.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
I would really recommend just staying at the hotel with other ppl. Much simpler regarding rides to/from the venue (because you won't need them) and since there will likely be a ton of oos people, its gonna be difficult to find housing for everyone

Mint Alicarth

Smash Cadet
Over the last few weeks I've been re-thinking about not going to this so I guess I'll try to show up if I can. School may have started for me in August so I'm not sure I can attend, but with the venue being only a half hour away it's possible I can join in on the tournament either way. I need to get good at Melee first, of course. :dkmelee:

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
Yeah three people can easily share a hotel room for like 50$ each, and they will give you a third bed for the guy that mind ( me)

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
LOW TIER CITY 2
Presented by Tourney Locator
August 16th-17th

Irving, TX

Tourneylocator Event

Facebook Event

Last summer, tired of having no Texas players able to travel to show our dominance, I decided to host a national to attract players from across the country. My plan worked, getting regions such as Socal, MW, South, and AZ to come out and participate. Unfortunately, fearful that Texas was growing too powerful, the PMBR came to quell the uprising. Fly Amanita, Reflex, and Strong Bad took the top 3, in an effort to stop us on our rise to be the best region in the world.

However, since then, Texas has spend their time training, for it was fated that in one year's time, the PMBR would return to our homeland. Its time for our REVENGE

223 W Las Colinas Blvd,
Irving, TX 75039
This time, instead of cramming 100+ people in a sweaty gamestore, we'll be using the ballroom of the Dallas Marriot. With 4000+ sq feet, there will be a ton of room for games, friendlies, and money matches. In addition, this means the rooms will have a discount rate of $79.99 per night! More information on that will be posted in the coming weeks.

Events and Pricing:
Venue: $25 (This will go up, so be sure to pay early)
Project M Singles: $15
Project M Doubles: $10 per person
Melee Singles: $15
Melee Doubles: $10 per person
Mystery event: $10 per person
Thats right, this year we will be adding MELEE to the roster. It has been too long since Dallas has had a proper melee national, and I aim to fix that. Also, all registration will be done online. We will have the online registration set up asap.

Rulesets and Schedules will be posted as we get closer to the events. Melee ruleset will be apex standard. This is a 2 day event!

Pot Bonus: There will be a minimum of a $200 pot bonus for project m singles! I say minimum because if we can get at least 200 entrants, I will throw an additional $100 into the pot! Since we've had 100 man local tournaments, this should be a piece of cake! There may be melee pot bonuses as well, stay tuned for updates.

Payouts:
Singles will pay out to top 8
Doubles will pay out to top 6

Stream will be provided by tourneylocator.com.
Can we REG for the venue now and events later? Not sure if i can find teamates

Top Bottom