• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Aug 15, 2015] The Official TGC event #4 feat. Roy/GW/Falco Challenge! (Houston, Tx)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGCalt.jpg

Welcome to the official Texas Gaming Championships event #4! TGC is a professional video game championship series featuring the best players from around Texas competing in variety of tournaments to see who is the supreme champion. All TGC events will feature top player rankings in Super Smash Bros Wii U, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Killer Instinct, BYOC (Bring Your Own Console) area, social gaming atmosphere and much more as we expand into other ventures. So come check out TGC, make some new friends and see some of high level players compete in tournaments in some of your favorite games!

August 15th, 2015. Please be at the venue by 10:00am for set-up, registration, check-in and warm ups. Registration for each game will end 10min before each event start time. There will be absolutely no admittance into any event after the event starts. We have the venue for about 15 hours and these events may run until the 15th hour so please plan ahead by clearing your schedule for the entire day.

FunPlex
13700 Beechnut St, Houston, TX 77083
(281) 530-7777

http://houstonfunplex.com/

Here is the room that we will be playing Smash 4 in. The first room you see in the video is solely dedicated to Smash 4. The 2nd room in the video is for everything else and it is located directly below the Smash 4 room.
Here are the instructions on how to get to said room.

A. Drive into the parking lot of FunPlex
B. Enter the double doors to the LEFT of the main entrance. These double doors are also to the RIGHT of the bar/patio area.
C. Once inside, head STRAIGHT and you will enter the bowling area.
D. Once inside the bowling area, turn LEFT and follow a path. The path will have a short wall on the left and bowling lanes on the right.
E. As you go down the path about 50-75ft, there will be a staircase on your LEFT. Go up the stairs and enter the door.
F. Welcome to TGC 4. If you need help or have questions, please text/call me at 409-692-0697

Full Menu can be found here

Though you are allowed to show up when the doors open, registration/practice for each event will end 10 minutes before that event starts.

Registration/Check-in/Practice for Smash 4 @ 10:00am
Smash 4 2vs2 (WiiU) @ 12:00pm
Smash 4 1vs1 (WiiU) @ 2:00pm
Food Break @ 5:00pm
Leave The Venue @ 1:00am

NOTE 1: For all other game times, please go here.

NOTE 2: In order to provide a smooth tournament experience for all attendees, no one is allowed to enter more than 3 games in total.

Venue Fee = $10
You can pay the venue fee here.
All players/spectators must pay a venue fee. If paid online, please bring a printed receipt or show us the receipt on your phone when you check-in. If you are going to pay in person or check-in, please be at the venue early because there will be long lines.

Smash WiiU 1vs1= $10
After paying your venue fee online or at the door, you will be able to purchase your 1vs1 pass at the door as well.

Smash WiiU 2vs2= $20 ($10 per person)
All 2vs2 passes will be paid for in person at the venue. Please be at the venue with your partner early to check-in/register because lines will be long.

For all other game prices, please go here

NOTE: There will be no refunds. If you have any questions, please make a post here or contact me personally.

Smash 4 1vs1 (less than 128 entrants)

1st=50%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th=2.5%
5th=2.5%

Smash 4 1vs1 (more than 128 players)

1st=45%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th=3%
5th=3%
8th=2%
8th=2%

Smash 4 2vs2

1st=55%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%
4th=5%

For all other games see this link for payouts

The official rules for Smash 4 can be found here. There have been massive changes to rule-set so please click the link and read them. Remember, all game rules are subject to change at any time so keep checking back. You are responsible for knowing all the rules.

TGC has a strict policy of ZERO friendlies and ZERO money matches once the tournament starts unless we have 20 or more full setups. A full setup is a WiiU/TV/Smash 4 or Mario kart 8. The first 10 players who bring a full setup will see half of their paid venue fee ($5) returned to them. The first 5 players who bring 2 full set-ups will have their venue fee 100% refunded. Anyone else who brings a full setup will receive a drink coupon and/or other compensation. If you cannot bring a full setup, please bring what equipment you can. We can use everything Remember, the speed of any event is totally dependent on how much equipment is available.

www.hotels.com is a great source for finding cheap to expensive hotels. Just type in the zip code of the venue and it will find you all the hotels within 50miles of the tournament.

If you dislike spending money on hotels, www.couchsurfing.com is an alternative way of finding housing. You might make new friends along the way!

Finally, it wouldn't hurt to post in this thread to see if fellow players are housing for free.

"Official TGC event #4" Facebook Event page can be found here (coming soon)

Give us a like on our home page at TGC: Texas Gaming Championships

Wanna be apart of Houston smash? Join the discussion and make friends here on Smashboards at the official Houston Thread.

If you have any questions/concerns/comments, please post here in this thread or contact me through private message here on SmashBoards (Xyro77) or through Facebook (Allan Sims)

Roy has joined Smash 4! He is available NOW on the WiiU e-shop!

Furthermore, i have created the "Roy/GW/Falco Challenge!" The Roy/GW/Falco Challenge is super simple. All you have to do is make top 4 in TGC 4's 1vs1 event using ONLY Roy or ONLY GW or ONLY Falco throughout the tournament. Whoever does this will receive $50 from me personally as well as get free entry in ALL events for the next TGC event he or she chooses to enter. At TGC 2 Trela took the Mewtwo Challenge and got 2nd place going 100% Mewtwo! No one else has ever completed the character challenge.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh no...

Oh no..........

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

Xyro77

Apparently, FunPlex has spent about 2 million in renovations/upgrades. Some projects are complete and some are underway.

The arcade area is HUGE with tons of new arcade machines.
There is a brand new fancy food place+bar.
VIP lounge area with pool tables and TVs.
Party rooms and meeting rooms.

It is def not the FunPlex we had long ago. Its better.

Last edited:

stripheR

Smash Cadet
sub roy for jigglypuff in the character challenge. won't be too hard for someone to get top 5 using roy aka gnes. the rest have been hard which is what made them cool.

Xyro77

I do 3 characters at a time. Jiggs will get her day.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Apparently, FunPlex has spent about 2 million in renovations/upgrades. Some projects are complete and some are underway.

The arcade area is HUGE with tons of new arcade machines.
There is a brand new fancy food place+bar.
VIP lounge area with pool tables and TVs.
Party rooms and meeting rooms.

It is def not the FunPlex we had long ago. Its better.
Past Funplex gave some of us PTSD.

You can't erase time....the horror...

Xyro77

Its ok, man. Brawl isn't around anymore. Metaknight wont do anything to you ever again.

edit: kinda off topic but i think i will be using Lucina at this event. Just gonna give her a shot.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Btw, which room are we using? Please tell me not a hallway again...

Xyro77

There is a newly renovated room upstairs on top of the bar area that Smash 4 gets to themselves. There is a stage in that room too.

Last edited:

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Countdown to (TGC) Texas Gaming Championships 4 begins now! 3 weeks from now is when the 4th Texas Gaming Championships event will go down on Aug 15 at our new venue Funplex. TGC 3 had 210 people in attendance with players traveling from every major city in Texas. RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/1619780114928072 and get your tickets at http://www.tgcseries.com/TGC4 before tickets are sold out. Share this event with all your friends and I have a few announcements I will be making soon so stay tuned!

Join the official (TGC) Texas Gaming Championships group to network with players that support the series and to keep updated on all the latest information. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasGamingChampionships

Xyro77

Smash 4 has a 1.10 software update. The patch balances characters and allows 2 more stages (DLC) to be playable.

Peach Castle 64 will be a CP at TGC 4. Hyrule Castle 64 will be banned.

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WIIU BEFORE YOU GO TO TGC 4.

Xyro77

TGC 4 is 11 days away.

Dont forget to check the rules (updated) and the TGC 4 FB page.

Links to all of this are on the first post. If you have any questions please post here or message me.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I hope all the Wii Us will have all the stages. It's always a nice surprise when a stage is missing.

Xyro77

There is no way to 100% guarantee that all WiiUs have all the stages, characters and updates.

I could ban all WiiUs that don't have them but then it would slow down the event by a lot.

At LEAST the updates aren't that big of a deal because you MUST have the update to get the DLC characters and Stages and to play wifi. That covers 99% of all players.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm not saying to ban them, it's just a nice surprise to see someone missing like Duck Hunt or something silly.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The rule link I clicked in this topic still has the old stage list and no Castle 64.

Also, there is at least one glitch that let's a character get stuck inside one of the wedges. It should be considered stalling if someone does it repeatedly.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
From what I heard about the wedges, it's hard to pull off intentionally. But yeah if it does happen and for whatever characters can wallcling there shouldn't be any new rules since a stalling rule is already implemented I think?
If not then nvm, add one then.

Xyro77

I updated the rules an hour or 2 ago. Every time I click on it I see the update.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It shows the right one now. Google Drive pls...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Smashville, T&C, lylat, FD/omegas, Bf/Miiverse, Dreamland. 1/1/1/1/1/1
one person gets 3 bans, another 2.

Unless I'm missing something, doesn't matter too much though everyone will choose SV anyways just pointing it out.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That's why you do PSR, silly doodle. Or let someone go fiesr if you don't care.

And I never let people take me to SV, unless we strike and up there. I will always do stage strike, even if you're my friend. Giving a potential advantage game one without fighting it is just silly.

Last edited:

grandi

Smash Rookie
I just read the rules, it definitely looks like uneven bans. Whoever wins RPS/coin toss or whatever is always going to choose to strike first rather than choose the port. Port priority very rarely comes into play, if it even exists in Smash 4.

With an even number of starter stages, and stage striking 1-1-1-1... etc. until one stage remains, one player gains an extra ban aka an advantage for winning RPS or RNG. That's not ok. You should move one of the starters to the counterpick list to avoid this.

Just curious, where did this stage list come from?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This is Xyro stage list. We only give inputs he promptly ignores and then does his own thing.

Xyro77

I must being doing something wrong cause yall are reading old or wrong edits of the rules. Every time I open the doc I see the correct rules.

image.jpg

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I clicked on the link in the Rules section on this topic, and I got the one with 6 neutrals.

So, either the link is wrong or something else. I blame Google Drive shenanigans.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
(TGC) Texas Gaming Championships Funplex Venue Tour Room 1 & 2
Directions: There are 2 rooms in the video. Room 1 is the 1st room and that is the Smash 4 room. How to get to that room is when you get in the parking lot of Funplex you will see a sign that says "Bowling". Walk inside of the doors and come into the bowling alley. Look to the left and start walking forward. You will past the Bar and the Restrooms. You will see some stairs, walk up those stairs and that is were Room 1 will be.

Room 2: To get to Room 2 from the front you can use the same directions as Room 1. When you get into Room 1, you will walk straight and go down the stairs like in the video and see a room to your left. That is Room 2 and that is for FGC/Melee/BYOC games. You can also get to Room 2 from the front from the patio area. Look for the "Bowling" sign outside and there is a patio to the left and some doors. Come though those doors and Room 2 will be located to your left. Check video to see the doors.

Bearin'

Smash Rookie
Will we get to bring chips, drinks (mountain dew and doritos obviously) and etc?

And say for instance we got a entree to play the tournament, will we get to see other fellow players in our tournament play as well or will we have to also pay a spectator fee? :/

Xyro77

Will we get to bring chips, drinks (mountain dew and doritos obviously) and etc?

And say for instance we got a entree to play the tournament, will we get to see other fellow players in our tournament play as well or will we have to also pay a spectator fee? :/
Entree? Did you mean entry?

If you pay the 10$ venue fee (can also be called a spectator fee) it will allow you to hang out at the venue all day and play friendlies (when I allow them). It does not cover the fee required to get into the 1vs1 or 2vs2 bracket. That is a separate fee.

You can bring outside food/drink in the venue.

Edit: For clarity's sake, I will reiterate the post ABK made above on the venue.

1. The first room you see in the video is the room that is solely Dedicated to smash 4. No other game will be in that room.

2. The 2nd room, located directly below the Smash 4 room, is a room for everything else.

3. To reach the Smash 4 room you need to do the following:

A. Drive into the parking lot of FunPlex
B. Enter the double doors to the LEFT of the main entrance. These double doors are also to the RIGHT of the bar/patio area.
C. Once inside, head STRAIGHT and you will enter the bowling area.
D. Once inside the bowling area, turn LEFT and follow a path. The path will have a short wall on the left and bowling lanes on the right.
E. As you go down the path about 50-75ft, there will be a staircase on your LEFT. Go up the stairs and enter the door.
F. Welcome to TGC 4.

Last edited:

Bearin'

Smash Rookie
What if i buy a entry to play in the tournament, will it allow me to watch to the other players play while i wait my turn or after i loose will i still be able to watch the players keep playing?

Xyro77

What if i buy a entry to play in the tournament, will it allow me to watch to the other players play while i wait my turn or after i loose will i still be able to watch the players keep playing?
Yes. Once you pay the venue fee and the 1vs1 fee you can enter the event, watch the event and just hang out all day. Even between matches.

Xyro77

Hello, boys and girls! Xyro here. Here is your 2nd to last TGC 4 update from me.

1. TGC 4 is this Saturday aka August 15th 2015.

2. This TGC is at a new venue and there are particular instructions on how to find the room that we are playing in. Please read the first post for more info.

3. There is a new character challenge (Roy/Falco/GW) and if you can complete it you will net a free $50 from me. For details on what exactly you need to do in order to win the money, go to the first post

4. Rules have been updated for TGC and Smash 4. Please be sure to read them or else risk being caught off guard.

5. This will be the final TGC in its current form. Be on the look out for a huge change in my Houston Smash 4 monthly series after TGC I will announce it very soon.

6. If you have any questions or concerns or comments, please text/call/message (FB/SmashBoards) me for anything and everything.

Top Bottom