• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Aug 22, 2015] AFK Games Monthlies (Cross Lanes, WV)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Thanks for coming! Hope to see you guys at future events (either here, or around the KY/OH/WV area). We're trying to travel more, so there should be plenty of opportunities.

The tournament the other night was a huge success; thanks to everyone who came out. We might try and run both Melee & PM again in the future, as lots of people came out and it ran pretty smoothly. I will notify everyone if that's the case. If not, we'll continue rotating between Melee and PM (with next week, 08/01, being Melee).

If anyone is interested, here are the results: http://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-melee-pm-at-afk-7-25-14.362438/ We had a total of 28 Melee entrants, and 22 PM entrants. As far as I know, that's the biggest tournament hosted in WV's history. Let's improve on these numbers, guys!

Last edited:

King Destro

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0748-3780-8151
I have to be in Atlanta this Friday, so this tournament is getting moved to Atlanta this weekend. See y'all there.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Looking forward to this week's tournament. Got a few things to continue working on, and maybe we can even get some solid teams practice in. I wanna hit up some more OoS tournaments ASAP, so let's get practicing!

King Destro

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0748-3780-8151
I feel like there's bound to be way more smashers here at Marshall. I'd love to try to find them and get them down to AFK on Fridays. I feel like that's totally realistic.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
You guys can most definitely start up some type of smash club. I'm pretty sure Bordy, Zenaga, and Kip Smithers are going to Marshall this year, and Cade is in Huntington too, I believe. If you guys ever find some lounge to play in, that's how I found most smashers when I went to WVU.

King Destro

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0748-3780-8151
Awesome idea dude! I actually think Zenaga lives in the apartments right across from me, I'll definitely ask him about that. Austin "Corndog" Davis goes here too, so we could definitely get something going if there already isn't.

King Destro

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0748-3780-8151
Okay I found some article from a paper last year about a Brawl tournament the Christian center here hosted. There was a contact email for the guy hosting it so I'm gonna try to get in contact with him. Hopefully he didn't graduate already :nervous:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Nice nice, man Marshall and WVU are now looking like the places to be for WV smash. I'm hoping to see you all at AFK this week!

And that's a good call. I bet you could round up some smashers that way.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Last edited:

uzeq

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheAbir
Hey, I'm super interested to come out for melee, but my schedule is pretty crazy this month. I'll keep an eye out for your posts and keep my fingers crossed that things open for High Elevation or other events... Haven't played competitive melee in over 4 years, either.

Sounds like there are some Huntington smashers I should get in tough with, too.

AaronScaring

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm super interested to come out for melee, but my schedule is pretty crazy this month. I'll keep an eye out for your posts and keep my fingers crossed that things open for High Elevation or other events... Haven't played competitive melee in over 4 years, either.

You're gonna want to talk to @ Zenaga Zenaga or @acdebega or @Kip Smithers if you're in Huntington. They have smashfests pretty often.

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice

Also, here's the link to WV Smash on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/408805205918060/

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Alright folks, remember Melee mini-regional tonight! We're gonna see a lot of hype WV talent and show everyone why we're the top up-and-coming region on the East. Come on out, or check the stream http://www.twitch.tv/aaronscaring starting around 7:30 if you wanna get in on the action!

Last edited:

GunnySmith

Smash Rookie
NNID
SupermanWv
I would love to come but I live in Morgantown, you guys are a little too far away :(

GunnySmith

Smash Rookie
NNID
SupermanWv
Just come to the Morgantown weeklies! (They're better anyway) ;)
Are you talking about the one at the Four Horsemen in the Morgantown mall? I go to those but sometimes it doesn't work out for me being on Saturday night

AaronScaring

Smash Apprentice
Yes I've been going to that as often as I can but I want to find one that's not on Saturday
If you play melee, there's weeklies in Pittsburgh every friday. It's a bit of a hike but worth it with their skill level.

For games like PM or Smash 4, there's nothing other than Scuffles in Motown that I know of.

DeadBeef

Smash Rookie
I am not in the facebook group but I will join, I will try come some time in May. I am only getting back into smash after a long break, and I am training some of my friends to be my new crew. We have to also get through final at the college we attend :( Can not wait to get back into competitive melee and project M. What kind of turn out do you have each week? any side money matches?

AaronScaring

Smash Apprentice
I am not in the facebook group but I will join, I will try come some time in May. I am only getting back into smash after a long break, and I am training some of my friends to be my new crew. We have to also get through final at the college we attend :( Can not wait to get back into competitive melee and project M. What kind of turn out do you have each week? any side money matches?
Attendance has been a bit stale as of late, but we've had anywhere from 12-30 people.
Money matches don't really happen that often surprisingly. If there's a chick walking around warning you about "Peach pu$$y" and asks to money match, you should probably do it.
Here's a link to the page if you didn't know how to find it: WV Smash

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
We recently had a money match for 2mil runescape gold. But other than that and what Aaron is referring to, there's not a whole lot of MMing. But there's plenty of people striving to be better and a bunch of helpful people overall. WV is the best up-and-coming region, so I hope you can make it out soon!

Last edited:
Top Bottom