• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 1-2, 2015] Low Tier City 3: Sethlon, Ally, Zero, ipunchkidsz, $3000 in bonuses! (Plano, TX)

Oracle

Smash Master
Low Tier City 3
August 1st-2nd
Register Here
Facebook Event

Be sure to get a weekend pass in addition to paying for whatever events you want to enter

The biggest Smash event in the Southwest returns! This year, Tourney Locator is partnering with Let's Play Gaming Expo to bring you the best gaming experience of the summer! This event will have top players from across the world, singles and doubles for Wii U, Melee, and Project M, as well as $1000 in bonuses for each game, so don't miss out!

What is Let's Play Gaming Expo?

Let's Play Gaming Expo (LPGE) is the premier convention for retro and modern gamers. Featuring panels, a large dealer area, over 50 arcade cabinets, even more tournaments (including board games, mortal kombat x, and even four square!), and dozens more gaming attractions for you to enjoy. Paying to enter the tournament gives you FULL ACCESS to all areas of the convention, so in addition to the Smash tournament, you can enjoy everything this amazing convention has to offer. For more info on what LPGE has to offer, go to http://letsplaygamingexpo.com/

Where is Low Tier City 3?
Plano Centre
2000 E Spring Creek Pkwy
Plano, TX, 75074

Lets Play Gaming Expo will be held in the massive Plano Center! There will be over 5000 sq feet for the Smash area alone, in addition to a huge area full of vendors, an arcade with 70+ cabinets, and an outdoor area for the kickball tournament!

Events
  • Melee Singles
  • Melee Doubles
  • Project M Singles
  • Project M Doubles
  • Smash 4 for Wii U Singles
  • Smash 4 for Wii U Doubles
Pot Bonuses

Each singles event will receive a $1000 pot bonus! That's a total of $3000 in bonuses!

Schedule

Refer to the Facebook link above​

Payouts

Singles ($1000 pot bonus):

1st: 45%

2nd: 22.5%

3rd: 12.5%

4th: 10%

5th: 3%

7th: 2%

Doubles:

If >50 Entrants

1st: 50%

2nd: 30%

3rd: 10%

4th: 5%

5th: 2.5%

40-49 Entrants

1st: 50%

3rd: 15%

4th: 5%

<40 Entrants

1st: 60%

3rd: 10%

Housing

There are a number of affordable hotels in the area, so if you're looking for housing, go to this Google maps page to find a hotel.

Livestream

Melee and Smash 4 Streams will be provided by twitch.tv/tourneylocator, Project M will be streamed by Project M Central

Contact

You can tag me in a post here if you have any questions, or email me at oracle@tourneylocator.com.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
@ Oracle Oracle Maybe I'm blind, but ruleset for Smash Wii U?

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Ruleset isn't set in stone yet, will probably be different from evo
And I'm assuming we're waiting on 3.6 for the rule set info for PM? We're a little under a month away... if 3.6 drops before LTC3 are we even going to use it? Even if it drops 2 weeks prior?

Oracle

Smash Master
we haven't decided how much time we will need 3.6 to be out for to include it at ltc3, but it will likely need to be out for around 3 weeks

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. Registration ends July 21st, so be sure to sign up by then! You can go here to register: http://letsplaygamingexpo.com/speakers/low-tier-city-3/be sure to pay the $25 for a pass, as well as paying for whichever events you plan to enter. There is no limit to your number of events, but there is a 256 man cap per event, so if you don't register in time, you might lose out on a spot in the tournament!

2. Preliminary rulesets are online! You can view them here:https://docs.google.com/…/1J8u-kUgmwxXzj5Y4gYRveOtOFq…/edit…
These rulesets are not final and subject to change, but it will be unlikely that any major changes will be made, so keep that in mind.

3. Get hype! This is gonna be the most stacked smash event this summer, with Zero, Ally, Mew2king, Sethlon, Lunchables, ipunchkidsz, TLOC Denti, and even more!

Oracle

Smash Master
ANOUNCEMENTS
1. Low Tier City 3 Registration closes in 11 days on July 21st! You NEED to have registered by then or you will not be able to play in any of the smash tournaments! Go to http://letsplaygamingexpo.com/regist…/attendee-registration/ to register. Remember, there is a 256 man cap on each game, so if you don't register in time, you might not get your spot!

2. WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS! You must be available from Friday, July 31st-Sunday, August 2nd. You will be able to enter one event, and are expected to help run pools and brackets the rest of the time, and you will receive free venue and will be able to enter any 1 event. Fill out the application here if you're interested: http://goo.gl/forms/e49gvHltlw

3. SMASH 4 PLAYERS: Game and Watch and Sheik are banned on the same team at Evo for doubles, As such, this team composition will not be allowed at LTC3. Both sheik and mr. game and watch are both legal, but cannot be played on the same team.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/607391816030436/614589268644024/

Kid1999

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
hey need to get ten posts

need ten posts

need ten posts

I need ten posts

I need ten posts