• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West {Aug 08, 2015} WiiU Custom moves allowed (Hayward, California) Cash prize

kafurie

Smash Rookie
700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544
from 10am to 10pm. on August 8th. for all ages

INCONVENIENCE while trying to duplicate smash 4 data, i erased it. ... if you plan on coming and need customs on the wiiu please tell me, as for the next 4 days me and a team are trying to unlock everything. Just in case we don't, we can try to at least get what you need. Otherwise we're going to stream roll through the game we are about 80% done with 2days left. everything should be fine

Tournament Rules
- bring your own controller
- 2 man stock
- custom moves allowed
- best of 3 rounds
- Loser of round can change character
-Coin toss for first person to choose stage, loser chooses next stage, but winner can choose to ban a stage as well

5$ entry fee
- 4$ goes towards cash prize, 1$ goes to paying for the place
- free entry if you bring a system and tv

1st and 3rd place gets a cash prize
2nd place gets a villager amiibo
2nd place can switch for 3rd place prize

the neutral stages are:

-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Delano Plaza
-Skyloft
-Lylat cruise
-Castle seige
-Town and City
-Smashville
-Boxing Ring
-Dream Land 64
-Miiverse
-Suzaku Castle
-Anything Omega

Also any stage that is not on this list, but both parties want to fight on is also acceptable, but both parties must accept

I'll be setting up about 9 till 10. 1145 is when the tournament will kick off. I've been advising 10 so that you can make any customizations you may need. Maybe test the waters with other players before it officially starts

here is the link for the facebook event page if you want to show that you are going.
i dont know if this site has that option or not.
https://www.facebook.com/events/860610944028447/861432087279666/

Last edited:

TinDust

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2527-2721-2224
I have a few questions. Is there an age limit, can I use a classic controller pro with WiiMote and is there doubles?

kafurie

Smash Rookie
Another question, how would stage striking work?
... i attually dont know what stage striking is, but we're doing a basic, Omega of any, or any island like stage with no stage hasards.
Coin toss for first person to choose stage, loser chooses next stage, but winner can choose to ban a stage as well.

TinDust

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2527-2721-2224
... i attually dont know what stage striking is, but we're doing a basic, Omega of any, or any island like stage with no stage hasards.
Coin toss for first person to choose stage, loser chooses next stage, but winner can choose to ban a stage as well.
Ok, stage striking is pretty much like banning certain stages. So if I win a coin toss, I can choose any of the stages under the list. If I win the match, I can choose to ban a stage and let the loser choose. If I lost, I can only ban one stage out of those 14? And banning FD bans all Omega stages too right

Last edited:

kafurie

Smash Rookie
Ok, stage striking is pretty much like banning certain stages. So if I win a coin toss, I can choose any of the stages under the list. If I win the match, I can choose to ban a stage and let the loser choose. If I lost, I can only ban one stage out of those 14? And banning FD bans all Omega stages too right
i had to talk to my brother about this and we came up with that banning final destination, does not ban Omega stages since not all Omegas are the same, i.e., the lips and the angle of the sides.

TinDust

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2527-2721-2224
i had to talk to my brother about this and we came up with that banning final destination, does not ban Omega stages since not all Omegas are the same, i.e., the lips and the angle of the sides.
I think that's kinda unreasonable. If a character does not perform well on FD, he can't even ban it? There are multiple stages that are almost exactly the same in terms of the lip. Omega stages are usually banned if FD is banned. That makes for huge disadvantages for characters like Ganon or DK.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I have a few questions. Is there an age limit, can I use a classic controller pro with WiiMote and is there doubles?
Any controller will be fine, but i do not own a wiiu pro controller, so make sure you bring it.

As for doubles, we should have time, but since no one is saying for certain if they're coming, and i only have 1 wiiu with all customs, i don't know if we would have time. If there is and enough people are down, then yes doubles.
There will be older consoles, and free play will be done on those

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I think that's kinda unreasonable. If a character does not perform well on FD, he can't even ban it? There are multiple stages that are almost exactly the same in terms of the lip. Omega stages are usually banned if FD is banned. That makes for huge disadvantages for characters like Ganon or DK.

I understand your claim, but we feel that banning one stage will ban one stage. What if someone bans an omega stage? Should that ban omega, fd, and battle field? I'm sorry but to keep rules simple and straight forward , you can ban one stage at a time.

On a side note i use dk and my friend that i play with mains ganon. Neither of us have had that problem. Sure neither character had all that good recovery, but that's who they are

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869

If you lose you do not ban, you choose next field.

I believe this is the common practice at tournaments. I'm sorry but I've been out of that scene for some time, so please let me know if im wrong

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I understand your claim, but we feel that banning one stage will ban one stage. What if someone bans an omega stage? Should that ban omega, fd, and battle field? I'm sorry but to keep rules simple and straight forward , you can ban one stage at a time.

On a side note i use dk and my friend that i play with mains ganon. Neither of us have had that problem. Sure neither character had all that good recovery, but that's who they are

Also check out dk's whirlwind up b. He has super armor making those ledges his domain if you keep at the right hight to reduce landing lag

TinDust

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2527-2721-2224
Also check out dk's whirlwind up b. He has super armor making those ledges his domain if you keep at the right hight to reduce landing lag
OK thanks. Yeah battlefield is OP for DK, especially since he has the best customer move xD usually at other tourneys I've been to banning FD bans all omega but it's all good. When you said there is going to be "older" consoles are you referring to wii and GameCube or did you misspell other?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
OK thanks. Yeah battlefield is OP for DK, especially since he has the best customer move xD usually at other tourneys I've been to banning FD bans all omega but it's all good. When you said there is going to be "older" consoles are you referring to wii and GameCube or did you misspell other?
Yup older. I have 2 wiis (one is unable to spit out brawl, lucky me) gc, and 64, but after finding the 64, my old controllers suck. I own only 1 wiiu

It would be nice to have a second wiiu with all customs unlocked, but that's asking a lot

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Does any one own a wiiu with all customs unlocked?

TinDust

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2527-2721-2224
Does any one own a wiiu with all customs unlocked?
I don't actually own a WiiU to begin with xD I just practice at my friends house but we're not that close so I don't want to ask to take her WiiU from her house and drive 45 minutes into Hayward with it

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
Players can get customs from their 3ds and transfer that fighter onto the wiiu.

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
Players can get customs from their 3ds and transfer that fighter onto the wiiu.
Also will all the Wii U's have a gamecube controller adapter?

EDIT: Didint mean to double post.

Last edited:

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Also will all the Wii U's have a gamecube controller adapter?

EDIT: Didint mean to double post.
I only own one wiiu. Which is why there will currently be no loser bracket. If we have time we'll do that whole bit. But yes i have the gc controller adapter. Those wiiu pro and gc-esq controllers are cool, but not for performance. That's just my opinion

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I only own one wiiu. Which is why there will currently be no loser bracket. If we have time we'll do that whole bit. But yes i have the gc controller adapter. Those wiiu pro and gc-esq controllers are cool, but not for performance. That's just my opinion

ALERT . Last night while trying to duplicate my smash 4 data, i erased it. ... if you plan on coming and need customs on the wiiu please tell me, as for the next 4 days me and a team are trying to unlock everything. Just in case we don't, we can try to at least get what you need. Otherwise I'm going to stream roll through the game

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
ALERT . Last night while trying to duplicate my smash 4 data, i erased it. ... if you plan on coming and need customs on the wiiu please tell me, as for the next 4 days me and a team are trying to unlock everything. Just in case we don't, we can try to at least get what you need. Otherwise I'm going to stream roll through the game
A team of people and i are working on 3ds's to get add many moves as possible. So far we have about 7 done and many others with customs

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
If anyone has questions, call me at 5102598465

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
So we have more material to make videos, but the audio isn't synced up too well for most due to poor laptop ability. Does anyone even want me to upload them?

Bleh13R

Smash Rookie
Thanks for uploading the matches! It was a fun tournament.

If you feel like the audio desync is too bothersome, you can always make a highlight video of any combos/strings that you felt were nice that took place throughout the matches for people to watch. Thats also assuming you're okay with more a bit more video editing.

SE ׀ Justin

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bamo01
3DS FC
0490-5952-1832
So we have more material to make videos, but the audio isn't synced up too well for most due to poor laptop ability. Does anyone even want me to upload them?
I would watch and share with my friends who didn't come.

The tournament was awesome! My brothers and I had a good time!

Top Bottom