• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATLUS threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So yeah...yadda yadda yadda heres a thread for one of the most awesome companies ever! (This thread will be similar to the SNK thread)

EDIT: Now it seems like one of these guys could be tossed into Smash. But it will more then likely either be a generic trophy or an assist trophy.

Now bellow are the characters that have the best chance. What i mean is, ANYONE from the main series.

Jack Frost: Company mascot, flagship franchise mascot, the best choice fro Smash, another ice user and her can fly, and the most famous character in the franchise.

Support thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-finest-for-ssb4-hee-ho.340049/#post-15793289

Flynn: The most recent protagonist, his game is exclusive to the 3DS, possibly Chrom's rival in the new crossover, and he's from the hardest game in the series. (I'm serious. You die a lot in the tutorial level alone)

Abel/DS2 Protag: Both of these guys would work more or less the same, Devil survivor is a DS exclusive series, and they'd work like the PKMN Trainer. However, they'd also participate in the battle itself. (Think Yugi in Jump Ultimate Stars)

Demi-Fiend: One of the most famous protagonists, taking part in the crossover as the SMT3 rep, and he has a great combination of magic and physical brawler style attacks.

Aleph: Protagonist of SMT2, Took on god himself and got Lucifer and Satan to back him up, He first appeared on the Super Nintendo, His game was rereleased two times (GBA and Japan Virtual Console),
And he will take part in the new crossover

Icons:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Idk who any of those characters are. No offense. But isn't atlus also behind he Izuna games. I can get behind Izunafor ssb4

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm sick of seeing anorexic androgynous anime male characters as video game protagonists. In that case, I will take Jack Frost.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Can't forget Etrian Odyssey. DS/3DS series that's a huge throwback to tabletop games. Do those tabletop games count as retro? Maybe the retro of retro? Would that increase the chance for an EO rep inclusion?;)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Jack Frost is awesome and I would love playing as him. Too bad he has no shot in hell. :(

As for Atlus in general, the games I've played by them, for the most part, I've found quite enjoyable, but I could care less if they were ever included in Smash. There are better and more fitting third parties to be added.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Jack Frost is awesome and I would love playing as him. Too bad he has no shot in hell. :(

As for Atlus in general, the games I've played by them, for the most part, I've found quite enjoyable, but I could care less if they were ever included in Smash. There are better and more fitting third parties to be added.
True and Jack Frost would be amazing. :awesome:

HighPower

Smash Rookie
To begin with, Atlus may not be a popular videogame company, but here are a few likely series that could be seen, even if they have next to no chance of happening:
*Etrian Odyssey
*Trauma Center

I'd post images of likely characters (They don't have to be playable)... if I knew how. Now I do! Meet:

Naomi Kimishima

Valerie Blaylock

Iwaopeln

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Well the Megami Tensei seem to have origins in the Famicom and Persona derives from it, despite there has never been a Persona game on Nintendo. And with Persona 4 right now being popular, I would pick Chie Satonaka.

However Jack Frost is basically Atlus' overal mascot, so he would be a good choice. Izuna can work as well and my personal choice would be Maria Torres from the Trauma Center series.

grizby2

Smash Lord
one thing i like about the shin megami tensei series is that they are actually challenging.
people often brag that they beat FFVII and huff and puff about how they beat sephiroth and blah blah blah.

have they ever beaten Lucifer in Devil survivor? no... no they havent.
(beating the game, even without doing any side missions, is about as hard as it is to pass a driving test while a tiger is in the car with you trying to maul you to death).

atlus does make some truely awesome games which, unfortunately, arent as widely known as they should be.

jack frost would be the best choice for a character to be in smash. but like you said, he doesn't stand much of a chance :(

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
one thing i like about the shin megami tensei series is that they are actually challenging.
people often brag that they beat FFVII and huff and puff about how they beat sephiroth and blah blah blah.

have they ever beaten Lucifer in Devil survivor? no... no they havent.
(beating the game, even without doing any side missions, is about as hard as it is to pass a driving test while a tiger is in the car with you trying to maul you to death).

atlus does make some truely awesome games which, unfortunately, arent as widely known as they should be.

jack frost would be the best choice for a character to be in smash. but like you said, he doesn't stand much of a chance :(
Those FF fans don't even know a thing about difficulty. Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne and Strange Journey are complete nightmares on the hardest difficulty.

I just want to hear Jack Frost yell "Hee-Ho" and proceed to stomp Ridley into the ground. :(

Yeah, Atlas beetles are pretty cool, huh.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Bumping because their chances slightly increased because of the new crossover. It also includes EVERY MAIN SERIES CHARACTER!

VitorAizen

Smash Rookie
Up here! Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is here , we have a great chance now!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'd have to wait and see how popular SMTxFE turns out.

I didn't see anyone saying that Samurai Warriors/Koei characters were likely after Pokemon Conquest.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Didn't that crossover not use any characters from the full series? (I haven't played the samurai games in a long time so I don't know)

I mostly want to talk about FEXSMT. :laugh:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So....anyone have any reccomendations for SMT games for me to try? Never played any of the games before, but the crossover has me interested.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Nocturne is a great game to start at. (It was my first SMT game) It's a PS2/PSP game though.

However, Strange Journey should be another good one. It's a DS title and a main series title like Nocturne. (it's the only main series game not in this crossover though)

You could also wait for Soul Hackers for the 3DS. If you live in NA.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Nocturne is a great game to start at. (It was my first SMT game) It's a PS2/PSP game though.
It's not on PSP. Shame, though, I've been looking for more stuff for my PSP. I guess I can use PCSX2 though.

However, Strange Journey should be another good one. It's a DS title and a main series title like Nocturne. (it's the only main series game not in this crossover though)
Hm...maybe I'll give that one a try.

You could also wait for Soul Hackers for the 3DS. If you live in NA.
I DONT LIKE WAITING FOR THINGS I WANT THEM NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!:troll:

Edit: I've been wondering: Are the games strategy games like FE? Because I've also heard that they're first person RPGs like Wizardry. Could you clear that up for me?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You can also try the Devil Survivors. They're strategy RPGs.

Finally there's the first two SMT games for the super famicom. You'll need an emulator. Lol

EDIT: Devil Survivor 1 & 2 are the strategy games while the rest of the SMT games are first person. Nocturne being the only third person in the bunch.

Lumina

Smash Rookie
LOL I'd love to see Trauma Center characters in the game.
Its totally unrealistic, but it'd be lolzy.

Fight with a scalpel, lazer, forceps.
Final Smash can be the game's infamous Healing touch which Stops Time all together. :p

-sighs-

one can dream~

D

Deleted member

Persona characters

I doubt Persona characters will appear in Smash. They're mostly PS exclusive. But I'll laugh if Teddie/Kuma makes an appearance. Same with Aigis from P3.:bee:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Persona 3 and 4 are two of my all time favorite games, so I would love seeing a rep from either, but I find the chances of that happening to be highly unlikely. Personally, I would prefer Yu or Minato over teddie. Strange how there was not even a persona rep in playstation all stars though.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Persona actually might get a rep in All-Stars. (DLC)

For Smash, I'd prefer Hitoshura because he is complete beast and has tons of potential because of his melee, magic, and summoning abilities.

Ponchojose0750

Smash Rookie
HELL YEAH!!!! ATLUS!!
I say,
Hitoshura, Jack Frost, MAYBE Margaret/Elizabeth/Igor(sucks that his voice actor died, no new lines), and Raidou Kuzunoha definitely.
Slight theory here, Dante from DMC shows up in Nocturne w/Hitoshura. Raidou shows up in the same game but the Japanese version. Both have the same crap chance to show up for smash 4 lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just bought my first Atlus game. Etrian Odyssey IV

I hope it's good

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So, i just saw that "third party company tier list" on gamefaqs. I loled a bit at the fact that they even mentioned ATLUS. But i guess it makes sense, given what they're doing with nintendo now a days.

So anyway, how would you guys feel if ATLUS got a rep in SSB4? (Jack Frost being the most likely contender since he's the company mascot and the mascot of their flagship franchise that's crossing over with Fire Emblem)

NOTE: I'm not saying that the rep has to be playable. It can be an AT or even a trophy/sticker for some reason.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
I'd be ecstatic if a Megaten character was playable but Jack Frost would be kinda lame, imo. Don't really care for Assist Trophies or other items though.

condochimp

Smash Rookie
Dude, how the heck has nobody mentioned Growlanser? I mean, there's next to no chance of any of those characters getting in (due to the lack of appearance on, well, any Nintendo console ever), but a dude can dream, right? To be honest, I would love to see Gamuran/Gamelan from the first Growlanser in the game, and have since I got my first PS1 and Gamecube, way back in '02. Because, to be perfectly honest, a character that focuses on magic, poisons, and curses would be frickin' sweet! He'd obviously have a little bit of melee, but that would probably be put in with the poisons.

condochimp

Smash Rookie
Dude, how the heck has nobody mentioned Growlanser? I mean, there's next to no chance of any of those characters getting in (due to the lack of appearance on, well, any Nintendo console ever), but a dude can dream, right? To be honest, I would love to see Gamuran/Gamelan from the first Growlanser in the game, and have since I got my first PS1 and Gamecube, way back in '02. Because, to be perfectly honest, a character that focuses on magic, poisons, and curses would be frickin' sweet! He'd obviously have a little bit of melee, but that would probably be put in with the poisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom