• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ASU Tournament with Results

theAPExp

Smash Ace
i vote pot sengin since it seems to be an option now; and you should decide on brawl singles vs doubles. we've been talking about this for over 2 weeks now...
i'm sure you will still get chain throwed with either choice

and get on aim sometime

Sengin

Smash Ace
It's Brawl singles.

About the pot, I have to wait for confirmation, and since it's the holidays, I may not hear immediately. Hopefully I will, but if I don't, that's why.

Sengin

Smash Ace
normally if you hear from them within 2 weeks i would consider yourself really lucky, but over the holidays... good luck if they get back to ya before the break's over and we have to march to their office :p
Yeah, I know. I'm not really expecting much for the moment.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
hope alot of people show up to this thing, not a big diversity of people to play here in boone. and nearly everyone has stopped playing melee for brawl of all things >.>

Sengin

Smash Ace
Yeah, it sucks a bit. Though I try to play melee whenever I go over there. You guys just keep playing brawl though... I feel like I have to beg for melee :p

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
...the SAT is on this day, of all days it has to be on. and i have to take it again just to be safe. so which tourney will be the later one? so i know which one ill be participating in. the SAT ends at 12:10 or somethin and its held 30 mins away from App so ill be there, just late.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
Yeah, it sucks a bit. Though I try to play melee whenever I go over there. You guys just keep playing brawl though... I feel like I have to beg for melee :p
well i don't care which we play, but the people who own the wii have a preference for brawl... so yeah...

arrow we can sign you in beforehand and shove your matches to the back and stall time if you haven't made it yet

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I know I'll be signin up for melee and brawl...

This better have a great turnout :) and this BETTER HAVE POT

Sengin

Smash Ace
Specifics are still being knocked out, but melee will probably be first, and held at noon. Brawl will be held after melee, whenever it ends, but there will probably be both melee/brawl free play between tournies.

Sengin

Smash Ace
I'm not sure. Last count was about 48, but I haven't heard anything since then, and I'm sure people have decided they are/aren't coming since then. People don't really let me know these things : /

Oh, and I got sent a message with an idea for the name of the tourney:

ANGST: Appalachian's Nearly Gangsta Smash Tourney

Thoughts?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol not bad

not as good as HERB but it took the mind of a genius to come up with something that good

I say use it for the next one!

btw, are we doing melee -> brawl or brawl -> melee? i'd prefer the former

stingers

Smash Obsessed
of course lol

I'll play you as much as you want in Melee Sengin

Until Brawl time, anyways >_> I have to **** in that :)

Sengin

Smash Ace
I just updated the first post with a list of who is coming. Please check it and let me know if something needs to be changed (something happened and you can't come and you are under the "Coming" category, etc..).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the cool is coming?

oh god epic rematch

btw add +1 to me, I'm bringing a friend

possibly 3 other friends but def. at least that one

Sengin

Smash Ace
Of course Angel is coming. Stingers, who are you? If you know him, then I might know you.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I only know him from a past tournament :/ (we had uh...the "best match ever" during a tournament set ask him)

I'm the annoying 15 year old kid with long hair

My friend's the mixed guy with the afro

Sengin

Smash Ace
Nope, don't think I know you then.

By the way, if anyone wants to put up any posters or anything about this, they can go right ahead.

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
If melee is first then you dont have to hold me a spot for my late arrival, my melee is very sub-par and whoever i would have a match against would win, easily. ill just attend the brawl tournament because i was going to enter the melee tourney for S and G's. ill still show up at around 12:45 for freindlies though. if you dont mind of cource.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Why would I mind if you showed up for friendlies? I've been encouraging friendlies since the beginning!

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
.....um.... idk, OH! i can no longer bring a set-up because... well read my signature, makes me sad... i stayed up till midnight the day it came out, whatched f#$%king happy feet (thats the movie wal-mart desided to entertain us as we sat in chairs for hours) all to have it overheat :( so, sorry about that im having it repaired but i wont get it back in time for the tournament.

Sengin

Smash Ace
That's a sad story...no wii to play melee on is bad.

So how many people can bring setups? I need to figure out how I'm going to be running this thing (as in pool sizes/whatnot) so I need to see how many people can bring setups. I do NOT want to do 16 person pools on only 1 or 2 TV's per pool, we'd never finish.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
we may just be short on wii's i think, we normally only need to pull 4 for our smaller tourneys, but we'll need more and especially if we wanna have friendlies and stuff going on on the side during a tourney

sengin you need to and this stuff to the first page too
things to discuss, sadly enough it may be some last minute details

brawl stuff
stage legality
we have ran what the sbr suggested on legality with the counter/banned open to counter and the starter/counter as starters. we have noticed gamer's edge judgement http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212090 and herb http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208312 are running a significantly smaller stage selection than we normally run. wondering if we can get some input on your thoughts in addition to general feedback/opinions of past tourneys and smashboads mumbo jumbo

bans
mk's cape glitch
d3's standing infinite??? as of right now there is no official decision by the sbr, but there is http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208288 which may/will have an influence on a possible decision. *as of right now* the standing infinite will most likely be banned for this tournament however small step chain grabbing will be legal (to my knowledge there's the possibility of tripping)
infinites past 300% (to prevent stalling). this includes everything from marth's dtilt lock to d3's chaingrab
standard bans like stalling and whatnot
anything i can't think of off the top of my head

sometimes banned/restricted moves but will be legal
falco's laser lock
ic's cg's
again, anything i can't think of off the top of my head

melee stuff...
standard setup
the rules have been set in stone for awhile now, if you don't know just ask or check the melee part of smashboards

Sengin

Smash Ace
Jeez, your grammar/formatting is bad :( Makes it hard to be lazy.

Anyway, I am not up to the standard snuff when it comes to typical Brawl rules, does anyone object to the above (or the ones I added to the first post)? And if so, what reasons/alternatives would you suggest?

Oh, the Student Union finally opened and we are in negotiations for the pot-style "loophole." Will keep everyone updated as progress is progressed.

Sengin

Smash Ace
I know that you were, he had originally said himself plus 10. How many is in ragnar0k's crew?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
God, i love Star Fox, horrible horrible voice acting but fun as hell, played them since the super nintendo. its an odd game to have your wii overheat to, its a GC game afterall.

granted it wasnt all Star Fox, i played Brawl for a good while before playing assault.
I like their voice-acting...

When playing with my friend in multiplayer I was like, "Personally, I prefer your mom."

Top Bottom