• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i've literally never insulted anyone from the south for being from the south

i've called you stupid because you've consistently exhibited stupid behavior, but not because you're in joejuh

anyway what happened to you being done posting on smashboards?

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
lol ur such an arrogant as shole i cant believe people like u even exist

Last edited:

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
its clear that u want me to go away from smash community, either that or u want me to take all ur bs and not defend myself. neither is going to happen. i told u ur just wasting ur time. like im supposed to stop playing a game because u dont like me. please

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
sigh gav this is the last time i'm going to say this on the boards until you get added back to the skype group and rage at everyone in typical gav manner

i do not give half of a **** if you play or not, i don't care if you stay around, you are literally as useless to me as whoever lives on main street in raleigh, etcetcetc

just stop saying one thing and doing another, or saying one thing and then claiming never to have said it. stop trying to excuse your own behavior by saying you don't have to prove anything or answer anything, because that's a really idiotic cop out and makes you look like you're avoiding the topic of discussion - which you usually are, of course.

you said you wanted to stop playing the game because you suck and don't improve and everyone is better and peach's is bad and etcetetc. you said you were quitting for real. you think anyone who beats you sucks as well, no matter if they 4 stock you (as i did) or if they barely win, no matter how they play (gay or fun, they're either a tryhard or not trying hard enough)

all in all i don't care if you stick around or not, just pointing out all of your inconsistencies

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
um im not going back to the skype group. also saying im useless doesnt hurt my feelings. ur pretty useless urself. all u do is rant about me. You cant possibly have a real life worth living if u get so upset about what i say on skype. Everything i say means WAY TOO MUCH to u. Fireblaster is right, once smash community has an opinion on someone, it will not change, "typical gav manner" lol u dont even know me. I absolutely do not have to answer to a snot nosed immature brat like u. Stop telling me what to do on the internet. Also, "I dont care if u stay around or not" coming from someone who makes a twitter full of random quotes from me and then u pretend u dont care.

Also it bothers me that another grown man is so focused on me, its creepy. Don't u have more important things to do?

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I made your patch, although I haven't figured out the player port code yet. 5 stock, start in vs mode, default stage = dreamland, no items, unlock everything, lv 9 cpu in vs mode.
How do I patch the rom with that?

Is it normal that the J version on emulator has black horizontal lines in VS mode?
You basically wanted to switch the ports just to change the spawning right? It might be easier for me to just change the spawn location in dreamland, although I haven't tried it yet.
I guess it's normal.
Yes, that's it. And it's what they did (found it):
Code:
Cheat01="タイマン用チート(1P→2P 2P→4P)",812162E6 FA8B,812162E8 038A,812162EC 058D,812162EE 038D
This is for DL only, but if you can manage for Hyrule, that would be fantastic.

If you're interested, these two have been posting cheats for the game. In the inferior right part of the page you can find all their posts.
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/nanakyouSP/blomaga
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/iceore/blomaga/

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I still don't see how angle was used to call out people for being in the 90% loser demographic.

10niggasbeanglingchars

Oh and my brother lives in downtown Raleigh, don't know if he lives on main st or not though.

Last edited:

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
i've literally never insulted anyone from the south for being from the south

i've called you stupid because you've consistently exhibited stupid behavior, but not because you're in joejuh

anyway what happened to you being done posting on smashboards?

Stupid behavior huh? So it isn't stupid behavior for you to antagonizing people? Especially people who you already understand will be pissy if you provoke them. Seriously, you need to go to a doctor and get that self righteous behavior personality checked out before you get your ass beat like the peasant you are. Be careful boy, this is a cruel world.

Hypocritical Smashers.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
smasher doesn't angle enough, that's all there is to it. he needs to learn how to angle

he is but an amateur angler fish in the sea of smash

edit: legit question:

when the **** is zenith

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
From I hate everybody thread:
Oh great, a thread irrelevant to Smash64. Mind learning how to ****ing angle THEN post?
@ Smasherx74 Smasherx74

From 90% of smash community is losers thread:
Cobra, Clubba, Knite, Kero, all of you guys ****ing suck. You are passive aggressive nerdy ****s who can't lift 10lb. Gav has a bigger **** than all of you, and you all DID prove his point, and you continue the thread further contradicting the words you spew out your keyboards.

FYI, 90% of the community is losers, the 10% of Isai,, Jaime, through Margiuana, Killer, are the expectations, as those are just some of the names I can name from here and kaillera, that are aside from the Total **** fest you guys put on every single day.

SMASHBOARDS CAN'T ****ING ANGLE
@ Smasherx74 Smasherx74

From Weekly twitch.tv SSB Stream featuring Isai thread:
at what angle is his head up his ***?
@ Cobrevolution Cobrevolution

220ish degrees I'd guess.
@ Smasherx74 Smasherx74

From Ask a Question, Get an Answer thread:
For example, Jigglypuff's Nair, you approach with it from a pretty horizontal Angle. Another example, Luigi's Dair. You want to angle your self so you are coming down with space between you and the other person's move, so if they are link and do Uair you want to space out to the left or right while coming down to get your hitbox around their up hitbox and hit them from the side. Angle refers to this.
@ Smasherx74 Smasherx74

smasher doesn't angle enough, that's all there is to it. he needs to learn how to angle

he is but an amateur angler fish in the sea of smash
@ Cobrevolution Cobrevolution

I'm still very confused on the word's definition and usage. You're all noob anglers. A bunch of nanglers.

Update: I'll try and keep this updated until we have a clear definition of the word.

Last edited:

Madao

Lol I'm so lost. Is it me or does Smasher have multiple personalities?
How do I patch the rom with that?

Yes, that's it. And it's what they did (found it):
Code:
Cheat01="タイマン用チート(1P→2P 2P→4P)",812162E6 FA8B,812162E8 038A,812162EC 058D,812162EE 038D
This is for DL only, but if you can manage for Hyrule, that would be fantastic.
You patch the rom using PPFOmatic. I stumbled upon that site after googling the hitbox code for J version. It's interesting how more of them are knowledgable when it comes to things like memory editing, yet they are behind in terms of gameshark codes (afaik). I saw that they mentioned the hitbox code being ported from overseas so that means one of them browsed my thread. Do you talk to any of them? I'd like to exchange info with them. I can port a lot of codes to J version if anyone wishes. I should port some codes to J version and type the codes in google to see if other people already have it. Lol I might as well post random (J) codes.

(J) version Hitbox code for both projectile & regular
800D603D 0049

Edit: I tried seeing if I could patch the spawn coordinates, but found out it's impossible without decompressing the rom. Since no one is interested in compressing the decompressed version of SSB64, I give up on those kind of hacks. I tried altering the compressed data, but the numbers are shared with other variables in this case so it doesn't work for spawn coordinates. The best thing I'm able to do as far as altering compressed data is edit certain character's stats. Looks like you're going to have to stick with gameshark codes for spawn coordinates.

Last edited:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know how to decompress / compress SSB64? I always thought that no one knew what type of compression was used.

Madao

Does anyone know how to decompress / compress SSB64? I always thought that no one knew what type of compression was used.
SSB64 uses vpk0 compression. There are 2 decompressors, but I don't think there are any compressors made for it. I'd make one if I was good with algorithms :( . Here's one of the decompressors http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=213 . The other one is called midwaydec, I don't remember where I got it from, but you can google midwaydec and it's made by zoinkity. Do you think you'd be able to write a compressor for SSB64? Subdrags decompressor does it a lot faster, but Midwaydec extracts more data out of it, so idk which one's best to use.

Another strange thing is, I believe the debug version of Zelda is uncompressed, so hopefully there's a way to possibly play any n64 rom uncompressed. Without compression, rom hacks would be so much easier to do.

nanax

Smash Rookie
Lol I'm so lost. Is it me or does Smasher have multiple personalities?

You patch the rom using PPFOmatic. I stumbled upon that site after googling the hitbox code for J version. It's interesting how more of them are knowledgable when it comes to things like memory editing, yet they are behind in terms of gameshark codes (afaik). I saw that they mentioned the hitbox code being ported from overseas so that means one of them browsed my thread. Do you talk to any of them? I'd like to exchange info with them. I can port a lot of codes to J version if anyone wishes. I should port some codes to J version and type the codes in google to see if other people already have it. Lol I might as well post random (J) codes.

(J) version Hitbox code for both projectile & regular
800D603D 0049

Edit: I tried seeing if I could patch the spawn coordinates, but found out it's impossible without decompressing the rom. Since no one is interested in compressing the decompressed version of SSB64, I give up on those kind of hacks. I tried altering the compressed data, but the numbers are shared with other variables in this case so it doesn't work for spawn coordinates. The best thing I'm able to do as far as altering compressed data is edit certain character's stats. Looks like you're going to have to stick with gameshark codes for spawn coordinates.

Oh! I'm writter of http://ch.nicovideo.jp/nanakyouSP/blomaga. You say Japanese gameshark codes is behind. I think so too. Most japanese smasher is not interested gameshark code. But are some people who are interested, the typical person would be HIJIKI you know Framedisplay and Combo Counter. I'm sorry, but because there is no knowledge of programming, so I can't help you. All my code ported from this site. I really thanks to madao and other people. I post because talking about the Japan version was rare. There may be a strange place because I not familiar with English and also this site but I want you to forgive me. If you want to information of Japan. I might be able to help.

By the way, Project64KVE 0.13 Core 1.4 is used in Japan. It cannot use D0~ and D1~ codes? Someone knows another emulator which can be used D0 and D1 codes and can play Kaillera online?

Last edited:

rpotts

Smash Lord
So, there's going to be 64 at this large brawl/melee tourney in TX, anyone going?
WHOBO MLG: Houston
It looks like there may be a car going from my state with brawl and PM/Melee players, and I'd totes go if there was going to be at least 1 or 2 good players showing up.

Last edited:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
SSB64 uses vpk0 compression. There are 2 decompressors, but I don't think there are any compressors made for it. I'd make one if I was good with algorithms :( . Here's one of the decompressors http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=213 . The other one is called midwaydec, I don't remember where I got it from, but you can google midwaydec and it's made by zoinkity. Do you think you'd be able to write a compressor for SSB64? Subdrags decompressor does it a lot faster, but Midwaydec extracts more data out of it, so idk which one's best to use.

Another strange thing is, I believe the debug version of Zelda is uncompressed, so hopefully there's a way to possibly play any n64 rom uncompressed. Without compression, rom hacks would be so much easier to do.
I wish I knew enough about computers to even approach a project like this. I could ask some of the CMU kids if they want to work on a resume-builder project thing, but I wouldn't be too hopeful. Why does SSB have to be so hard to modify ):):

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Oh! I'm writter of http://ch.nicovideo.jp/nanakyouSP/blomaga. You say Japanese gameshark codes is behind. I think so too. Most japanese smasher is not interested gameshark code. But are some people who are interested, the typical person would be HIJIKI you know Framedisplay and Combo Counter. I'm sorry, but because there is no knowledge of programming, so I can't help you. All my code ported from this site. I really thanks to madao and other people. I post because talking about the Japan version was rare. There may be a strange place because I not familiar with English and also this site but I want you to forgive me. If you want to information of Japan. I might be able to help.

By the way, Project64KVE 0.13 Core 1.4 is used in Japan. It cannot use D0~ and D1~ codes? Someone knows another emulator which can be used D0 and D1 codes and can play Kaillera online?
Where are you from?

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
So, there's going to be 64 at this large brawl/melee tourney in TX, anyone going?
WHOBO MLG: Houston
It looks like there may be a car going from my state with brawl and PM/Melee players, and I'd totes go if there was going to be at least 1 or 2 good players showing up.

I know a few people from Louisiana going and a couple people from texas. I thought about going but the drive doesn't seem worth it. Last year M2K went and won 64 i think, I wasn't there.

rpotts

Smash Lord
If I go I'll try and get my friend to come with, and train me by playing the campiest-utilt-only-kirby ever vs my pika.

Madao

I thank you for posting here. It would be great for both of our communities to help each other out :) . Any help with using the combo counter would be very helpful. None of us here were successful at figuring out how to use the combo counter program. If you want, I can port any known code to japanese version. Also, if you guys would like to use cheat engine, I can port my table as well.
I'm not 100% sure, but you could try 1964. I think it also desyncs less than PJ64k would. You can even overclock or underclock with the latest version of 1964.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Why do people winquit after barely winning a match? Are they afraid of getting figured out? :happysheep: That's a pretty glassy ego.
alot of people do that now, which is y i dont even bother trying to play some of these new people or play on kaillera alot anymore

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
The people that told me about it said tacos didn't go. If he did go and did win then I'm misinformed so I'm sorry and didn't mean any harm or anything

Battlecow

Play to Win
Japanese melee was FD-only and briefly FD-DL only back in the day, but the US melee scene eclipses them to the extent that they adopted its ruleset

Madao

I wish I knew enough about computers to even approach a project like this. I could ask some of the CMU kids if they want to work on a resume-builder project thing, but I wouldn't be too hopeful. Why does SSB have to be so hard to modify ):):
Let me know if the CMU kids are willing to help. In the meantime, I'm just googling for knowledge. I can't really find much on vpk0 unfortunately :( . Ask as many people as you can. The best I can do is ask around and slowly increase my knowledge.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I've never looked into the Hori stuff, but I'm getting tired of taking care of my 64 joystick and it's getting difficult to find alternatives/replacements.

so questions:

-Do they not make Horis anymore?

-How much should I pay for one?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
yo wus good errbody!

anyone got a link to that old thread (or a new thread if one was created recently) of polygons mapping out exact hitboxes?

the one im referring to was made by antdgar i think but idk

Last edited:
Top Bottom