• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Art Of Link 3 - A Link Guide By Izaw

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Swedish Smash player and Link main Izaw knows his character inside and out. He released a video previously covered by Smashboards called The Art Or Link 2 covering lots of useful tips. Well it's time for the next part of the series, here comes The Art Of Link 3!​

For more excellent Link videos as well and other excellent videos be sure to check out Izaw's Youtube channel. Hopefully this can help bring Link's game to a new level and be an excellent resource for Link players as well.

SmashCapps is always looking for cool tutorials and guides! Follow him on Twitter and give him links to the best and newest videos to feature in upcoming articles.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
This video, as is all of his guides, is extremely insightful and easy to understand.

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
At least he didn't over hyped things like he did with AoL2

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Great video as always! It'll be really cool if Link starts placing in tournaments.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Excellent guide! I don't usually watch character guides, as I like discovering techs and strategies on my own. But since Link is my main, I thought I would check this video out for the heck of it, and I'm glad I did! I didn't know about the soft-throw, it seems like an interesting tech to experiment with.

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Show someone this if that someone wants to see competitive smash for the first time. Certainly a great video to get people in the scene... Or scare them off. lol

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yet another Smash 4 character who can do amazing things.

Seriously, if you put enough work into a character in this game, you'll be met with satisfaction.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Very informative for Link mains as well as those having issues playing against (good) Links. Izaw is the man.

Luig

Confused
Is link supposed to be right handed in the art? :troll:
Jokes aside, very informative and good guide.

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
As with all players, I have a specific character who I find easiest to be successful with... granted I am by no means at a competitive level, but I find Link to be the most intuitive choice for me personally.
(Then there are characters who many people do well with such as :4greninja::4zss::rosalina:who I am absolutely awful with!)

A very helpful guide!

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Yet another Smash 4 character who can do amazing things.

Seriously, if you put enough work into a character in this game, you'll be met with satisfaction.
that being said, we still got a ways to go before the other fighters can go to town against the armies of bandwagon Diddys and Shieks... among the supposedly "Top Tiers" atm

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
that being said, we still got a ways to go before the other fighters can go to town against the armies of bandwagon Diddys and Shieks... among the supposedly "Top Tiers" atm
One game at a time.

Customs help, but so far people want to abandon them.

StriderSean

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagnarokSeraph
3DS FC
1332-8232-6969
Sorry, but I'm in the Shulk and Roy bandwagon. You also forgot Luigi and Ness. The only "Top Tier" that I've not seen a lot of is Pikachu.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Sorry, but I'm in the Shulk and Roy bandwagon. You also forgot Luigi and Ness. The only "Top Tier" that I've not seen a lot of is Pikachu.
I secondary FE Roy and play Shulk frequently... I often dismiss Luigi and Ness, though... the former's reliant on grabs, which a decent aerial game can counter well with caution... most players on the latter... act almost the same.

StriderSean

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagnarokSeraph
3DS FC
1332-8232-6969
I secondary FE Roy and play Shulk frequently... I often dismiss Luigi and Ness, though... the former's reliant on grabs, which a decent aerial game can counter well with caution... most players on the latter... act almost the same.
Ness players tend to be quite spammy until you get to play higher-ranked ones. Even then, their go-to is PK Fire, Down-Grab to Forward Air, and PK Thunder to edgeguard.

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
Ness players tend to be quite spammy until you get to play higher-ranked ones. Even then, their go-to is PK Fire, Down-Grab to Forward Air, and PK Thunder to edgeguard.
Thunder is to be expected you can't say thunder isn't safe for edge guards I use ness and yes pk fire is a go to you forgot to mention back throw for those easy throw kills

Weird that pika isn't seen/mentioned as much I actually find him fun compared to other "high tiers" (except ness)

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
How successful have people been with the stuff in this video?

Top Bottom