• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada's Peach Combos

Sycorax

Smash Ace
I'm making a list of Peach combos Armada does to study to help improve my combos. Thought I would share. I'm only listing "signficant" on-stage combos where there is little to no interaction between hits.

PTC=platform tech chase
GUA=get up attack
ES=edgeguard situation (although not exactly part of the combo, I felt it was important to notice since is often leads to more damage or stock, and is an important trend when comparing stages)
Yoshi's:
Battlefield:
Fountain of Dreams:
Dreamland:
Pokemon Stadium:
Final Destination:
Yoshi's:
Battlefield:
Fountain of Dreams:
Dreamland:
Pokemon Stadium:
Final Destination:
Yoshi's:
Battlefield:
Fountain of Dreams:
Dreamland:
Pokemon Stadium:
Final Destination:

Thing I've noticed:
  • Armada seems not to combo Falco as hard as he does Fox.
  • Tech chasing with dash attack is really important. However, there do seem to be a lot of scenarios where smart teching patterns would prevent followups, especially on platform tech chases. Westballz and Mango both seem pretty good at teching intelligently to prevent followups.
  • Armada gets worse combos on Dreamland, but his survivability is good. The opposite is true for Yoshi's and Fountain.
  • Armada has special movement options that allow him to tech chase well. Specifically, when he chooses to wavedash.
  • Against Falcon, it seems like Armada will shield and CC to make Falcon scared to approach. And then, if the Falcon starts playing patient, he'll space his moves to trade or beat Falcon's spaced moves.
  • Armada is aggressive sometimes versus Falcon. He's very interested in pressuring Falcon into the corner with FC nairs moving forward, jabs, dash attack, dash grabs.

Last edited:

KwonTaco

Smash Rookie
I feel that this somewhat over complicates the punish game with peach. Instead of memorizing these sequences, it would probably be more effective to know a specific punish after a setup depending on opponents' techs or DI. For example, getting grabs after a dash attack with the upward hitbox between 30% - 60%, or being able to recognize the DI when you hit an uair and following it up.

Also, more important than the stage, I think that compiling the combos in order of %'s might be really helpful in recognizing what patterns and guaranteed combos are available at each percent range.

Sycorax

Smash Ace
I feel that this somewhat over complicates the punish game with peach. Instead of memorizing these sequences, it would probably be more effective to know a specific punish after a setup depending on opponents' techs or DI. For example, getting grabs after a dash attack with the upward hitbox between 30% - 60%, or being able to recognize the DI when you hit an uair and following it up.

Also, more important than the stage, I think that compiling the combos in order of %'s might be really helpful in recognizing what patterns and guaranteed combos are available at each percent range.
You're totally right. This is more of a raw data collection. Memorizing these sequences is not the point. Rather, you can notice patterns: Dsmash, grab, and dash attack tend to start combos. Dash attack starts good combos at [these] percents. Tech chasing is really important, on ground and on platforms. Combos on Yoshi's and Fountain tend to end in edgeguard situations whereas combos on Poke and Dreamland don't. Further, I linked the videos so that people could study and analyze the combos themselves. I also have it in mind to make some charts to illustrate some of the patterns.

Lebonaire

Smash Rookie
I definitely approve of what you're doing here, good on you for taking the initiative.

Are all the TC dash attacks on reaction? I need to work on positioning myself appropriately so I can cover stuff the same way.

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Are all the TC dash attacks on reaction?
No. In fact, I think only like maybe 50-70% are. DruggedFox said he thinks like 80%. It's just a guess though. The real thing to do is to push yourself and figure out what you can do on reaction. Doing stuff on reaction is sooo much more rewarding than guessing.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I definitely approve of what you're doing here, good on you for taking the initiative.

Are all the TC dash attacks on reaction? I need to work on positioning myself appropriately so I can cover stuff the same way.
Learning how to push reactions with Peach can be super difficult. If you're looking to improve in that area, I'd suggest practicing Sheik/Falcon reaction tech chases on spacies in 20XX. Even if you don't plan on ever picking either character up, grinding tech chases for 1+ hour per session and (eventually) getting them super consistent can be a real eye-opener.

Edit: I'd suggest Sheik over Falcon, if you don't already have one as a pocket. Ground movement is pretty close to Peach's.
Learning how to push reactions with Peach can be super difficult. If you're looking to improve in that area, I'd suggest practicing Sheik/Falcon reaction tech chases on spacies in 20XX. Even if you don't plan on ever picking either character up, grinding tech chases for 1+ hour per session and (eventually) getting them super consistent can be a real eye-opener.

Edit: I'd suggest Sheik over Falcon, if you don't already have one. Ground movement is pretty close to Peach's.

Last edited:

Sprenzy

Smash Apprentice

sorry I'm kinda stupid can you please elaborate on this? how do you do this effectively?

Top Bottom