• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any applications of Zee tossing?

Metamato

Smash Rookie
By this I mean using the Z button to soft throw a Waddle Dee up as you jump, it allows Dedede to waddledash in the air twice before touching the ground.

Does this have potential, or does it simply require too much setup/is too gimmicky to work?

Killabyte

Smash Rookie
Never knew it existed. Never knew DeDeDe had tech potential.Or any potential.
I can't find a video of this tech either. Would ya mind making one?
It'd be cool to see mah boi DeDeDe to cool stuff.

Metamato

Smash Rookie
Will try making one later once I get home. It's in the same vein as using Z to grab an item when you jump, and it allows you to midair toss a Waddle Dee without shifting momentum

Last edited:

Metamato

Smash Rookie
I'm not a Dedede main myself so I can't really differentiate, but here's some information/things I've found about it:

• You can aerial Waddle Toss without altering your trajectory/momentum, using the Z button
  • A Waddle Dee needs to be present
  • An upward soft throw is not required if you have some degree of forward momentum
  • You input it like a jump-cancelled grab [Jump] -> [Z] (Obviously allowing yourself time to jump)
  • You can waddle dash in a given direction for as many jumps as you have
  • You can waddle dash one direction, jump, and waddle dash back the other way
  • Provides Dedede with decent aerial movement
  • Main downsides are the endlag of the toss, though it can still be acted out of quite well, mainly requires spacing between you and the other player, but gives Dedede a decent approach option
  • At higher percentages and with minor spacing you can Zee Toss downwards at a foe, pop them into the air and follow up with an aerial
Will edit if I find anything else. Hopefully some D3 players will find this useful

Last edited:

Key Chain

Smash Cadet
I wish I had the game so I can spend time with this. this might be great for recovery mixups. I tried using it like this along with other situations at Nebulous the sunday after this post was written but I still need the game here at home to really get comfortable with it. I am still very much a noob :ohwell:

Top Bottom