• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 13th, 2017] Throwdown in the Thunderdome #22 (Lodi, OH)

PancakePanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
FedExGanon
I might come to this Saturday's event as I will be in Mansfield and might drag a friend to what a real Smash event looks like.

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
For anyone who is coming this week, we have a small update on location. We are moving it to an apartment. I'll leave the address here once we get a confirmation.

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
We will probably be aiming for the 31st in all honesty. If not we will start back up on a regular schedule in February. Been working out some kinks and I've been very busy between my jobs.

Hoyt

Smash Rookie
Awesome, update when you get something figured out. It's been like 7 years since I've played with you guys, figured if I was going to try to get back into the scene, I would at least see if I could play some more with the Woo crew.

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
Wait...7 years. I thought your name sounded familiar. We do have a lot of smashfest and what not if you are down for those. If so, hit me up on FB

Feiy

Smash Apprentice
Been ages since I logged in...

Anyways, I will make the effort to go, but it entirely depends on how my week goes.

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
Try to have a car pool man. Trying to bring my numbers up again. We had strong showings in the past but all of a sudden it just dripped for no reason.

Verdant.

Smash Rookie
Are these still going on? If so, are they every other Saturday and could you put up a schedule for the remaining planned tournaments?

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
If these are still happening, I can definitely try to come to one.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
How many people do you usually draw in for Smash 4? This is about a 100 minute drive for me, so idk. Have you considered advertising this on the NEOH Smash 4 page?

Also, while I'm down for different rule sets, I question Kongo Jungle 64 as a Smash 4 starter over Lylat, Duck Hunt, and Dreamland 64, but that's just me.

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
For Smash 4 I prefer 3 stocks, 8 minutes, just because of my preference and I feel it makes matches less one-sided, and it's easier to tell if somebody has more skill than you.

I will still come down to play, but it's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
For Smash 4 I prefer 3 stocks, 8 minutes, just because of my preference and I feel it makes matches less one-sided, and it's easier to tell if somebody has more skill than you.

I will still come down to play, but it's just my opinion.
Since I don't have a huge block of time to run this tournament I'm sadly going to have to keep it at two stocks for now. It does look let we will have enough players for Smash 4 if everyone who is posting is legitimately showing up Saturday.

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
Updated the info as well as results. Now they have pretty little icons.

Just a heads up for Smash 4 homies. Please for the love of god bring set ups. I had one set up last week that I had to go and grab. I will HOST them if people will bring the proper equipment to play on it. I can run the Smash 4 brackets and whatnot but I cannot have it run any faster with just one set up going at a time. Please start doing this so I have more of an incentive to keep running Smash 4 tournaments and as well as a better event. Thank you again guys.

One last note on this, we will be changing are venue possibly. We are in the talks still but it's looking pretty solid that we will be moving to a brewery. If you are underage, don't worry. We've already talked about it and came up with ideas on what to do with you young folks. Just keep showing up and supporting our weekly and we will keep on trying to make it a bigger and better event as well as experience. Thank you for reading guys!

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Also shout outs to the person who has Tyler, the Creator as their icon.
Aye, he has some bomb music. I wasn't able to make it out to this sadly, had to change plans last minute, but if I end up going next time I'll wear my Wolf Gang hat :^)

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
Aye, he has some bomb music. I wasn't able to make it out to this sadly, had to change plans last minute, but if I end up going next time I'll wear my Wolf Gang hat :^)
I'm content with that man. I'll be looking forward to this.

Corydonn

Smash Rookie
Hey all, Corydonn here and I'll be hosting the Sm4sh side of things this week, Right now we have access to 3 Wii Us and 2 TVs. I could likely get a 4th Wii U but two more TVs for the event would be amazing.

I'm looking to cap this tourney at 32 players because of venue size and time restraints so arrive early if you want in. You can also message me or reply here if you -know- you can make it and I can reserve you a spot for the 30 minute sign up period.

I'm looking to use the normal Sm4sh stage picks, Counter Picks and rules. DLC characters will be allowed and Mii fighters permitting based on time restraints and the desire of players wanting to play them.

If there is enough time after the tournament I'll be looking to hold a free doubles side event with a little prize I'll pick up or from my gaming collection.

P.S. The community at these events are amazing, The players were generally salt-free and even though I haven't played melee in years I noticed not just in my matchs but others wins and losses advice was being given out to both the winners and losers of the match about DI optimization and combos. Really cool guys IMO!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I was eyeballing a Chicago tournament for this weekend but it doesn't look like I'll be able to make that. Count me in for this. Is it just singles for Smash 4?

HauntedBladeZ

Smash Rookie
For the wii U tournament: Are players allowed to use the 3ds connectivity as a controller with the 3ds game/controller applications?
[/quote]

Top Bottom