• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 2, 2015] CWRU Fight Club Weekly (Case Western Reserve University Wade Commons)

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
What's up ya'll, ArcDawn here.
Because I want to create a bigger smash community (emphasis on community) in the Case Western/cleveland area, I've created this weekly so that we could all find each other and have fun!
If you can bring a setup/power strip, that would be much appreciated!
I am also accepting donations on-site so that we can expand and get better equipment/more tvs/perhaps even prizes for tournies!

The weekly will happen every Saturday at 7:00pm - Whenever we finish up (probably near 11-12) until the end of the semester and resume when next semester rolls around!

Games will include:
-Melee ( +tournament & stream)
-Project M (if there is interest)
-Smash 4

If you have any questions feel free to email me at cwrusmash@gmail.com Thanks!

Last edited:

deathpie

Smash Rookie
NNID
deathpie
3DS FC
2552-1745-2225
I might be down to come out this Saturday and can bring 2 setups. I hate trying to park around Case's campus though.

Smash-Fu

Smash Rookie
Do I need to be a student to enter this area? Also, could you tell me where the "Wade Commons" is? I'd appreciate an address or at the very least a description of where this place is located.

Dreyvas

Smash Cadet
A few suggestions:

A) A description of how to get to the event would be nice as there are plenty of non-CWRU players that are interested.

B) A Facebook event page can really help get the word out and attract more players.

Hope I can make it out to one of these soon.

deathpie

Smash Rookie
NNID
deathpie
3DS FC
2552-1745-2225
Tournament was a lot of fun and the location is pretty nice.

Definately agree with Dreyvas in hyping it up, make sure to make an event / post in the PGH/NEOH group like a couple days in advance. I think there was a stream so you should definitely post that too when the event is starting.

You guys are in a good position too with Bside having died to get a lot of Cleveland area interest.

Last edited:

bts.mongoose

Smash Cadet
I'll almost definitely be there this Saturday.

EDIT: Goast House is actually on the same day, so I wouldn't expect a big turnout.

Last edited:

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Do I need to be a student to enter this area? Also, could you tell me where the "Wade Commons" is? I'd appreciate an address or at the very least a description of where this place is located.
No you do not need to be a student, I've updated the desc & sorry for the late reply!

davidkoopa7

Smash Rookie
:4ness:As a youngin' in the smash community and someone who crashes cars on a regular basis, my parental units do not let me drive anywhere without them. In this case specifically, they say that Case Western is in the hood and it is a dangerous drive. Not only do my parents say this, many of my Smash friend's parents say this. Is there anything that people who have Smashed here before can say that might convince them to allow me and my fellow peeps to join you?:4ness:

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
:4ness:As a youngin' in the smash community and someone who crashes cars on a regular basis, my parental units do not let me drive anywhere without them. In this case specifically, they say that Case Western is in the hood and it is a dangerous drive. Not only do my parents say this, many of my Smash friend's parents say this. Is there anything that people who have Smashed here before can say that might convince them to allow me and my fellow peeps to join you?:4ness:
Case western is not in the hood.

Last edited:

GirugaMarc

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha...Case, perhaps a top 15 University in Midwest...in the hood. Hahahahaha. There's damn fancy ponds, kids science centers, gardens, art, and hella Asians walking all over the place. Your parents don't know much about what they're talking about.

Last edited:

Quasar Bones

Smash Rookie
Hahaha...Case, perhaps a top 15 University in Midwest...in the hood. Hahahahaha. There's damn fancy ponds, kids science centers, gardens, art, and hella Asians walking all over the place. Your parents don't know much about what they're talking about.
I'm a friend of David's. My parents still don't believe that it isn't in "the hood." I showed them this forum and they still don't want me to go. Can anyone help?

Top Bottom