• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] Button Mash Smash (Livonia, Michigan)

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Hey guys, I'm here entering the TO scene with my first event: Button Mash Smash! I hope to make it as successful as possible to pave the way to hosting more in the future. See you all there!

Venue Info:
VistaTech Center @ Schoolcraft College
18600 Haggerty Rd, Livonia, Michigan, 48152​

Tournament Organizer:
Kyle ("Nom"): 313-289-4899​

Prices:
Venue: $5 *
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 ($5/player)

* Venue fee will be refunded if you bring a full setup (Wii U, Adapter, TV). Speakers and the official Nintendo adapter (instead of a third-party one) are preferred but not required.​

Schedule:
10:00 AM: Venue Opens, Registration Begins
12:00 PM: Smash 4 Doubles Registration Ends
12:30 PM: Smash 4 Doubles Begins
2:00 PM: Smash 4 Singles Registration Ends
2:30 PM: Smash 4 Pools Wave 1 Begins
4:00 PM: Smash 4 Pools Wave 2 Begins
5:30 PM: Smash 4 Singles Bracket Begins
10:00 PM: Venue Closes
Livestream:
The livestream for this event will be provided by Dakota "Wuvs" on Twitch.
twitch.tv/gooshigaming

Rules:
Full rules HERE (Thanks to Ori for the fantastic template)
  • Singles: 2 stock, 6 minutes
  • Doubles: 3 stock, 8 minutes
  • Customs set to OFF
  • Equipment of any kind is banned
  • Mii fighters restricted to 1-1-1-1 sets on default Miis
  • Striking order is 1-2-1
  • 2 bans
Stagelist:
  • Starter Stages
    • Battlefield
    • Final Destination
    • Smashville
    • Castle Siege
    • Town & City
  • Counterpick Stages
    • Omega Variants
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Delfino Plaza
    • Duck Hunt
    • Halberd
    • Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles Only)
(Rules may be subject to change up to 7 days prior to the event.)
Payouts:
Under 29
1: 60%
2: 30%
3: 10%
30 - 39
1: 55%
2: 30%
3: 10%
4: 5%
40 - 75
1: 48%
2: 22%
3: 15%
4: 10%
5: 2.5% (both 5th places)
Above 76
1: 40%
2: 20%
3: 15%
4: 10%
5: 5% (both 5th places)
7: 2.5% (both 7th places)
Also:
- Bring setups! The more setups we have, the faster the event can run and the more enjoyable the experience is for everyone. Powerstrips are good to bring as well.
- As always, if you bring food into the venue, make sure you clean up after yourself.
- Controllers will not be provided.
- If you use a wireless controller, please disconnect/desync it fully from the console when you finish playing to avoid interference.
- FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/944590202248513/

Last edited:

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
Castle Siege is better as a starter simply because the game never gets struck to Lylat anyway. Seriously, I can't remember a single set where game 1 was on Lylat.

NNOOOBB

Smash Rookie
NNID
NNOOOBB
I would come but i already registered for a tourney in Ann Arbor! Tell me if it goes well though :)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
So, if we only bring a Gamecube Controller, we have to pay $5?
If you are only bringing a gamecube controller you will have to pay the $5 venue fee as well as the $5 entry fee per event. The only way to save $5 is to bring an entire Smash 4 setup which includes a Monitor, WiiU, and Gamecube Controller.

DarkspineJumer

Smash Rookie
I apologize for my ignorance, since my friend and I are new to the competitive Smash scene, and this is most likely our first tournament, but what is a striking order?

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
I apologize for my ignorance, since my friend and I are new to the competitive Smash scene, and this is most likely our first tournament, but what is a striking order?
It is a system used to determine the stage played on for game 1 in a set. You take the 5 stages in the starter list and 'strike' 1 you don't want to play on. Then your opponent does the same for 2 stages. Then you choose one last stage to eliminate, leaving one final stage, which you then play on. That's what the 1-2-1 order means.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Would love to see some West MI rep if you can come!

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
This was the other tournament I heard was occuring in Livonia. Uhhhh... Don't know which one to go: Project Playhem or this... Practically doubt that I can go to both. :/

SolidLiquid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Avidist
I'm gonna try and make it! This probably means nothing to any of you, but this will be my first tournament back in the competitive scene since 2008.

Last edited:

exJ0RDANary

Smash Cadet
I hope you can make it out Miloni, unfortunately project msu was a rare east MI tourney that didn't feature zinoto, loe1, stewyian, ksev, nom, or Smasher (and a handful of others). I'd love to see how you'd do against some of those guys. Especially Smasher, that seems like a hype set.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I hope you can make it out Miloni, unfortunately project msu was a rare east MI tourney that didn't feature zinoto, loe1, stewyian, ksev, nom, or Smasher (and a handful of others). I'd love to see how you'd do against some of those guys. Especially Smasher, that seems like a hype set.
Project MSU was definitely central MI. East MI is basically from like the Metro Detroit area.

I do want to see Miloni here, he still has much to prove.

MiloniVanili

Smash Apprentice
Update: I should in fact be able to make it. i should be there around 1:45 unless circumstances change. i cant wait to play more of you guys, and if zinoto shows up this time maybe i could convince him to teach me a few monkey things that i dont know

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Seems that I can enter both Project Playhem and this tournament! And it's great to see more players. You know what they say, the more the merrier. *insert Eggman spam quote*

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
never been to a tournament, I gotta eventually make it to something, can't make it to Ori_bro's things on Thursday nights ever though so this could work out maybe :x
man, mannnnnn

Last edited:

SolidLiquid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Avidist
Is it possible to register in advance? There's no way I can make it my 2pm when singles registration ends, but I can easily make it before the bracket begins. I appreciate any response : D

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Is it possible to register in advance? There's no way I can make it my 2pm when singles registration ends, but I can easily make it before the bracket begins. I appreciate any response : D
You have to be able to make it for Pools as well.

Top Bottom