• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Just Roll With It

Just Roll With It
Posted by Showdow
Everest High School
Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 11:30 AM
Until: Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 06:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Just Roll With It

Hosted by Showdow and Hitbox

Rough Schedule:

11:00 - Doors open, friendlies start

12:15 - Melee Doubles start

1:15 - Melee Singles start

3:00 - Smash 4 Doubles start

4:15 - Smash 4 Singles start

7:15 - Tournament ends

All of these times (especially the end time) are super tentative and are entirely dependent on how many people show up and how fast matches are played. There will likely be some time for friendlies after the tournament is completed.

We are open to hosting side events if there is interest and time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Costs:

$5 - Smash 4 Singles

$5 - Melee Singles

$3 each - Smash 4 Doubles

$3 each - Melee Doubles

Venue is free

If you enter all events and pre-register, we'll shave 1$ off your overall fee to make it an even 15$

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rulesets:

Smash 4:

Singles:
2 stocks, 6 minutes
Items off (obviously)
Best of 3 except Winner's, Loser's, Grand Finals which will be best of 5
Customs & Equipment banned, 1111 Medium Miis only allowed
Starter Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, and Smashville
Banning for first game goes as follows:
For first game play rock-paper-scissors, loser bans 1 stage, winner picks from the other 2
Counterpick Stages: Dreamland, Duck Hunt, Town & City, and Lylat Cruise
Winner of the last game bans 1 stage, loser picks from the remaining ones
DSR is in effect, if you have won on a stage previously in that set it is counted as banned and you aren't allowed to go there unless mutually agreed on
Winner must choose character before the loser
Omegas are allowed as couterpicks only and if FD is banned they are also banned

Doubles:
Same as singles except 3 stock 8 minutes, team attack is on, and people must choose character skins with similar color to their team to avoid confusion if requested by the other team.

Melee

Follow the rules in the link except Kongo Jungle is not legal in doubles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prize money for each event depends on entrants. There will likely be payouts to top 3 for all events.
Any controller can be used, but bring your own controller if possible.
There will be light snacks like chips and water, and cheap pizza for sale as lunch. The venue is very spacious so don't worry about crowding into small rooms. The tournament is open up to anyone and everyone, whether you were born in 1950 or 20XX. Pre-registration is closed, but you are still able to come at the door and sign up. If you only want to enter Smash 4 you are of course able to come later but just know that there are benefits to coming early such as being able to play friendlies on the Smash 4 setups during the Melee part (and vice versa during the Smash 4 part) and making sure you get a spot. You won't know if Melee runs extremely fast and you might end up coming too late so just be aware of that.

Email 5GodsOfEverest@gmail.com with any specific questions, or comment if you think it will help everyone to know the answer.

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
For anyone who viewed this thread before now, some things fell into place and now the venue is free, so you only have to pay to enter events.

Jo Fire

Smash Rookie
How will the prize money be split up? And will the starter stage list for Sm4sh ever be changed or nah?

Hitbox4smash

Smash Rookie
The prize money will created by the entry fee's for each event. We are going to take all the money we receive from entry fees and compile it into prize pots for every bracket for high placings. This will most likely be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with money split 60%/30%/10% as a percentage of the total money we get per bracket but that may change depending on amount of entrants. As an example, we currently have 27 pre registered entrants for the Smash 4 singles bracket, the total pot from entry fees will be 135$. This comes out to 81$ for first place, 40$ for second place, and 14$ for third place) As more and more people register, the larger the prize pots will become. Also I believe that our stage positions are final but we will still re-evaluate them.
How will the prize money be split up? And will the starter stage list for Sm4sh ever be changed or nah?

Last edited:

Tiger856

Smash Rookie
Will you be doing any more tournaments in the future? I would go. : D

Hitbox4smash

Smash Rookie
We plan on just holding this event for now, and seeing quite how it goes. As of right now we have 40 people signed up an it looks like it will be a great success! We would love to continue our tournaments as there are no reliable tournaments in our area so we want to provide a service to the competitive smash bros community in our area. We also would love to start streaming the matches but for now we are focusing on this current event.

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Yeah, as Hitbox said hopefully it will all run well and it will be able to be a monthly or bi-monthly or something like that. The only issue would be gaining repeated access to the venue and constantly organizing it. It's a bunch of hoops to jump through, but if there is the need then we will try our best to fill it.

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
I think the starter stage list will likely stay the same mostly so that people who are new to the scene won't be overwhelmed by many layers of banning/striking. With only 3 starters it's pretty simple, just 1 ban each and then play. Maybe if this runs well and we host it more times the stage list will change as people get more accustomed to a tournament ruleset.

Tiger856

Smash Rookie
Thank you guys so much for hosting this great event! It was a real blast, I think it was a real success and hope that there are more in the future. Also, thanks so much for being so generous with the snacks!

Unrelated question: Where do we go to see the brackets online?

Anyway, Thanks a ton for organizing this whole event : D

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Thank you guys so much for hosting this great event! It was a real blast, I think it was a real success and hope that there are more in the future. Also, thanks so much for being so generous with the snacks!

Unrelated question: Where do we go to see the brackets online?

Anyway, Thanks a ton for organizing this whole event : D
All the brackets are on challonge, just put in challonge.com/justrollwithit and then the name of the event. For example, the smash 4 singles bracket is challonge.com/justrollwithitsm4shsingles and the melee doubles bracket is challonge.com/justrollwithitmeleedoubles

Last edited:

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
I have a quick question. I'm also trying to host a tourney at my high school and I'm wondering how you are able to collect money on school grounds? Is there some loophole you figured out or is it not even a problem in the first place?

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
I have a quick question. I'm also trying to host a tourney at my high school and I'm wondering how you are able to collect money on school grounds? Is there some loophole you figured out or is it not even a problem in the first place?
Well first of all we did the tournament on a Saturday which isn't school hours so we were the only ones on the grounds at the time, bar some janitors. Secondly, we got permission from the principal to use the ground and told him that we were hosting a tournament and there would be cash prizes. We didn't specify that there would be a fee to enter so maybe he just thought the money was coming out of pocket? Otherwise he just let us do it and didn't really ask any questions about prize money. I didn't even realize that was something that could be a problem. This probably didn't help at all but... Oh well. I hope your tournament is able to go well!

Last edited:

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
Thanks for the fast response! and yeah it mine will also be on weekends. But if it usually that chill then I should be fine, it's just a skepticism I have.

Hitbox4smash

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the fast response! and yeah it mine will also be on weekends. But if it usually that chill then I should be fine, it's just a skepticism I have.
If you are able to get your tournament up and running, I'd love it if you could message me. It sounds like fun.

Ramserss

RAM
Slippi.gg
RAM#627
NNID
Entitylution
3DS FC
0602-6501-7653
I'll dm you when I get things going but to give a time frame now it should be around 2 weeks from now so like next next week

xerick.hernandez

Smash Rookie
NNID
elmascachicles
Hey I was just wondering why I was put down as "Maybe Next Time" when I made it further lol I'm just wondering why I was placed I guess 3rd when I should be 2nd for singles since we didn't get to play

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Hey I was just wondering why I was put down as "Maybe Next Time" when I made it further lol I'm just wondering why I was placed I guess 3rd when I should be 2nd for singles since we didn't get to play
Idk. I guess Hitbox wanted the bracket to be over but he kinda just did that without letting me know. You for sure tied for second but there isn't really a way to put that in the bracket. I was content with leaving the bracket unfinished but Hitbox probably wanted to end it. Sorry for the problem. If we run the tournament again it will hopefully finish on time since we learned from our first experience.

Hitbox4smash

Smash Rookie
We are currently in the process of planning out Just Roll With It 2. Although it likely will be a while before we are ready.

Last edited:
Top Bottom