• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 26, 2014] [MLG ANAHEIM QUALIFIER] Fighters’ Edge Spring Champs ft. Melee... (Du Quoin, IL)

UGCevents

Smash Rookie
That's what I thought as well, but UGC made the following post earlier about how it may go onto 2 days if there are a lot of entrants (which I'm assuming means > 50 people):

Speaking of the tournament taking long, is there a need for players to bring setups?

Melee is now only on Saturday and Project M is on Sunday. If you have a set up then bring it along, it would be greatly appreciated, even if we don't use them.

UGCevents

Smash Rookie
Wondering this too.

Looking for housing/ information to make it here from Tristate area. Flight info and bus info would be awesome. How can I bus here? From Columbus? Chicago? Somewhere that's close to this that I can bus to? Carpools?
Best thing to do is to get to Chicago and get the Amtrak to either Duquoin if you are going straight to the event or to Carbondale is you are being housed.

UGCevents

Smash Rookie
Can we host our own teams tournies if there are enough setups? Priority for singles of course but teams is always so fun.
There will be a teams tournament if enough interest is shown on the day with a 100% entrance fee -> prize pool.

UGCevents

Smash Rookie
Now that there's only ~2 weeks until the event, would it be possible to get confirmation that this will only be 1 day long versus 2 days long?
It is definitely 1 day event for each tournament type. Saturday is Melee and Sunday is Project M.

UGCevents

Smash Rookie
That's kind of unfortunate, to be honest. If it's spanning two days, then can we get a schedule so that we know what's going on?

Also, the website says that there's a link to the bracket. Will the bracket be posted in advance, before the tournament, or is that something for people to reference when looking back on the event? If the bracket will be posted in advance, then when is the deadline for signups?
I know we have posted this a few times and sorry for the confusion. It is a One day tournament for each game.

The bracket will be used during the event. You can buy your passes online or at open registration. (See previous posts)

Thanks

The UGC Team.

UGCevents

Smash Rookie
@ UGCevents UGCevents , if you could, please edit your posts to include multiple responses next time instead of making like 8 posts in a row.
Absolutely, We felt that we wanted to give people individual responses this time and we will be sure to try and keep more up to date on the forum. Thanks for the pointer though.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
Are there any specific Question we can answer?
I think some of my concerns are that it's a 64 man limit, and a 2 day event, with no doubles planned. Tournaments frequently manage Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, PM Singles, and PM doubles in one day with twice the turn out of a 64 man limit. I don't mean to impede upon your business, but it's just unrealistic for most of the smash community to exhaust the time or resources required to attend an event that's 2 days with that low of capacity limits.

Again, these are just a few concerns that I personally have, and don't wish to impose my ideologies upon others. I wish you the best of luck at your event, and maybe will attend in the future.

UGCevents

Smash Rookie
I think some of my concerns are that it's a 64 man limit, and a 2 day event, with no doubles planned. Tournaments frequently manage Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, PM Singles, and PM doubles in one day with twice the turn out of a 64 man limit. I don't mean to impede upon your business, but it's just unrealistic for most of the smash community to exhaust the time or resources required to attend an event that's 2 days with that low of capacity limits.
We took our original advice from people we knew in the community and maybe have been poorly informed. Due to people having bought tickets now, it is unfair to change the event details. However, we will take your advice and modify our future events. Thank you for your input.

The UGC Team

viperboy_74

Smash Master
We took our original advice from people we knew in the community and maybe have been poorly informed. Due to people having bought tickets now, it is unfair to change the event details. However, we will take your advice and modify our future events. Thank you for your input.

The UGC Team
Thank you for taking the time to respond to the concerns and questions of the community. Best of luck with your event, again! :)

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
how is the 64 man limit going to work with at the door registration? let's say 50 people register online and 20 people show up to register at the door. are those last 6 people really going to be turned away?

normally i'd just register online to be safe, but i'd rather save the 15 bucks by just registering for melee at the door (i have no interest in PM, and melee-only registration seems to be at-the-door exclusive)

UGCevents

Smash Rookie
how is the 64 man limit going to work with at the door registration?
We have actually just uncapped the event. It was a bit of a hangover from other game events. We realize now that it was a mistake to do it like this in the FGC and have now taken it off.

To answer your question, if you pay online or at the door you will always be accommodated.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
....17 for Project M, or in total
because there were 26 passes sold out before it got uncapped

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
edit: I have been corrected. it was 25 people for melee and 11 for pm

Last edited:

GarmWyrda

Smash Cadet
Hi!
I couldn't watch all of the matches :/ Will there be any replay? If yes, where can I find them? :)
Thanks!

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
yeah, attendance was pretty bad but it was to be expected. UGC had never done any sort of Smash event prior to this one, so everybody was already sketched out from that to begin with. It's a learning experience.

tzarNIKOLAS

Smash Rookie
The venue is awesome. The only minor problem is location but DuQuoin is pretty much in the middle of a lot of big cities which is cool. I've talked to the owners and they showed interest in hosting biweekly smash events.

UGCevents

Smash Rookie
Thanks for all your support guys, Tzar Nikolas is right, we are looking at doing either bi-weekly locals at the studio. I will post more information, maybe start a new thread very soon.

Thanks again and videos will be posted on your YouTube channel shortly. www.youtube.com/ugcevents

The UGC Team

Top Bottom