• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 26, 2014] LSU Monthly #3 (Baton Rouge, LA)

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Schedule:
All times listed are when registration for that specific event ends, so to be safe try to make it 30 minutes in advance of that time

N64 - 12:30
Brawl - 2:00
Project: M - 4:00

Melee - 6:00

Rules:
We will be using Apex rule set for all games besides N64.
N64 rules are as follows: 3 stocks, Single elimination, all sets will 2/3 with every game starting on dreamland and the only counter pick available being hyrule castle.

Notes:
At the moment this tourney will be a freebie, but we are looking into the possibility of making the tournaments for money.

N64 Rules were changed due to the fact that no one really takes N64 seriously (and by that I mean no one has really learned the full extent of its meta game) which means that normal apex rules would be unfit for such a tournament like this since it would take too long. Hence the rule changes.

We have gotten a lot of feedback from the last tournament and have made quite a few behind the scenes adjustments in regards to organizing and TOing so this one should run a lot smoother than the last one.

If you are going to be late or having any other problems getting to/into the venue then make a post on the event page on facebook

LSU Twitch Account
Smash Club at LSU facebook page
Facebook event page

Last edited:

Logz

Smash Cadet
Hey guys!

Just reminding everyone that this tournament is still going to happen. I'm hoping we will get a bigger turnout than we did for Monthly 2, so if you are just seeing this for the first time spread the word to your fellow smashers out there to get some quality smash in before exams come for some of us in a couple of weeks. It should be a pretty fun tournament, so I hope all of you can come out!

-Logan

CoBam

Smash Rookie
I'm glad a friend told me about this. I didn't know there were any smash tournaments held locally. My friend and I will definitely be there.

VVB

SD Champ
I asked this in the facebook as well, but I figured I put it here too. - Is there going to be a stream set up there? If not and one is wanted, I'd be able bring one with me.

Clexx

Smash Rookie
How do you get in ?
The building I mean

Last edited:
Top Bottom