• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 26, 2014] Bar Wars: The Region Strikes Back (Manassas, VA)

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice

Hard Times Cafe & Cue in Mananassas, Virginia is putting on a second tournament featuring Smash with extra prizes! There is no age limit to the tournament, but it is 21 to drink. Anyone caught drinking underage or overly inebriated will be disqualified and kicked from the venue.

https://www.facebook.com/events/619282651477762/619282844811076/?notif_t=like

VGBC and crew are BACK! They're here to provide the public with the highest quality smash stream. Please be sure to tune in here!

Date:
April 26th, 2014

Address:
Hard Times Cafe & Cue
7753 Sudley Road
Manassas, VA, 20109

Bar and Restaurant (tournament area):

Tournament Format:
Double Elimination Bracket or Round Robin depending on the number of entrants.

Fees:
-NO VENUE FEE IF YOU PRE-REGISTER (see below)! However, buying drinks and food is HIGHLY encouraged. They're looking at making this a monthly, so lets eat good grub to show our support!
-$5 Venue fee
-$10 Singles entry
-$20 Teams entry ($10 per person)

Pre-Registration:
We're using this as a way to make brackets easier. This is for singles only. Doubles will be handled at the event. This will be available until Thursday night (4/24/2014) for free venue. If you do not use the pre-reg, there will be a $5 venue fee charged. So please, PLEASE use the pre-reg system, and save $5
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AkpBoR0Im9IsawLjrdELiqjQ5ycyUSb8X_FW1DzJztc/viewform

Smash Schedule (in progress) :
11:00 AM - Venue opens/Setup
11:30 AM - Registration/Friendlies
1:30 PM - Melee Doubles begins
3:00 PM - Project M Singles
5:30 PM - Melee Singles begins
ETA PM - Project M Singles Finals
ETA PM - Melee Singles Finals
10:00 PM - Tournament ends/Clean up
10:01 PM - After hours party

Prize pool:
1st - 40%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 20%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%

As with any smash tournament, setups will be neeeded. Hard Times will be offering a 10% discount off food and drinks for each set-up brought to the venue for the first six. Any after that receive a sweet high five and tips on how to get girls from yours truly. We will have the downstairs bar area for this event. Bring lots and lots of setups!

Last edited:

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
We'll definitely be there with a few Melee setups (including a recording set up if you guys want).

Last edited:

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
VGBC is confirmed for this event, but you're more than welcome to have a regular recording setup!
Awesome! We'll definitely be bringing Melee setups (and possibly a PM setup if I can get my Wii working correctly).

And food. Definitely buying food. Hard Times is the ****.

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
Not close enough to really help support monthlies but I am looking forward to this event, and will come with an empty stomach and lots of cash.

I can also promise a setup and can wrangle up another 1 or 2 if need be.

Last edited:

iHook

Smash Cadet
This date doesn't work for me, but I figured I would post and show interest in this location and tourney to inspire a monthly to develop that I would attend in the future.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Woot! Definitely interested and definitely gonna try to make it this time.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
So do I have to make it there before 11 or can I show up a little late like 10-15min?
You can show up at any time if you're just playing friendlies. If you want to enter any of the events though, you need to be there and registered any time before the designated start time.So for example if I wanted to only enter Project: M singles, I would need to show up and be registered by no later than 4:30 PM. The times are probably earlier than that since Jesse needs to create a bracket/pools and all. So basically, just show up an hour or 2 before the event(s) you want to enter starts and there won't be any trouble.

Last edited:

BlueHazard

Smash Rookie
You can show up at any time if you're just playing friendlies. If you want to enter any of the events though, you need to be there and registered any time before the designated start time.So for example if I wanted to only enter Project: M singles, I would need to show up and be registered by no later than 4:30 PM. The times are probably earlier than that since Jesse needs to create a bracket/pools and all. So basically, just show up an hour or 2 before the event(s) you want to enter starts and there won't be any trouble.
Thanks for the info, can't wait to go.

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
Bumping this thread. Schedule still in the works.

Cleaned up the logo and made black/white variations

Last edited:

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
100+ people on the Facebook event? Mango confirmed after getting his ticket last night? Going to be one hell of an event!

AcousticAdrian

Smash Apprentice
Looks interesting, although it is somewhat of a long drive from where I live. Is this going to be replacing ECE as a monthly, or will ECE still occur every now and then?

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
I have an idea for the name of the next bar wars, ready?

Return of the DI

Top Bottom