• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

B.W.

Smash Champion
Turns out I might not be able to make it after all. Co worker is sick so I might cover the rest of his shift.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Alright so I joined the fb group. Only reason I won't be able to go for the next month is because I want to get school out of the way first.

To someone earlier, I don't main Kirby but I enjoy playing as him in 64 and PM. I'd enjoy some help to advance my play.

Webs

Smash Cadet
Wavedash Wednesday results for PM and Melee 4/9/14: DOUBLES WEEK EDITION

PM Top 4:

1. Scythe + Oro?!
2. EXP|Double + DeliciousOctorok
3. Rat + Kirkq
4. SpooN + Plasma
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_PMdubs_3

Melee Top 4:
1. Rat + KirkQ
2. Scythe + Oro?!
3. SpooN + ORLY
4. EXP|Captain Faceroll + Lazarond
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_MeleeDubs_3

Doubles week!

Zwarm, in his delirium, and Oro?!, in his haste, forgot to bring mics for the stream this week. The stream still ran sans commentary though and YOU can still check out the VODs.

PM and Melee VODs should be up sooner or later at http://www.youtube.com/windycitysmash or you can watch the twitch archive at http://www.twitch.tv/windycitysmash

B.W.

Smash Champion
Man we were doing doubles this week? I love doubles.

Oh well. I have next Wednesday off, and they're not taking it from me.

Matthew "Demo" Rak

Bad at Smash
Slippi.gg
Demo#0
Hey, guys.

Long time smasher, looking to get back into it. I've been looking into coming out to this but I have a few questions.

How's parking around the area?

I'm primarily a melee player but I just recently dug out the Wii and Brawl and played Project M for the first time. I've seen from this thread that the turnout for both PM and Melee are pretty high, which would you guys say is the "main event"? I know it's a difficult question, but I'd really like to know where I should be focusing my time.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Project M, ma wigga.

Parking is literally right infront of the venue and behind it, so it's easy to find parking.

Last edited:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Project M, ma wigga.

Parking is literally right infront of the venue and behind it, so it's easy to find parking.
There's parking meters in front but after 6 pm you don't get ticketed at all. There's a couple streets behind the venue, like Shion said, that you can park at.

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
I'm primarily a melee player but I just recently dug out the Wii and Brawl and played Project M for the first time. I've seen from this thread that the turnout for both PM and Melee are pretty high, which would you guys say is the "main event"? I know it's a difficult question, but I'd really like to know where I should be focusing my time.
PM has more entrants, but it doesn't completely dwarf melee.

Although if you play a melee top tier (spacies, falcon, marth, etc.) they are relatively the same in PM, so the transition won't be too goofy.

So practice PM because it has more players, but there are always melee tourneys if there are PM ones.

Matthew "Demo" Rak

Bad at Smash
Slippi.gg
Demo#0
PM has more entrants, but it doesn't completely dwarf melee.

Although if you play a melee top tier (spacies, falcon, marth, etc.) they are relatively the same in PM, so the transition won't be too goofy.

So practice PM because it has more players, but there are always melee tourneys if there are PM ones.

Great, this is good info.

I'm looking forward to this, hopefully I can learn a decent amount.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I should have a good deal of time this Wednesday. I welcome every challenger to a money match. Let's go. I'm not the same Wiichuk man you remember anymore.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
No WDW mañana for me, kids.

Ima be ridin a hype bus full of bit€hes to the goddamn moon.

Matthew "Demo" Rak

Bad at Smash
Slippi.gg
Demo#0
Hey, guys. Pumped for Tomorrow.

Couple more questions.

What should I bring? I can just bring a controller for myself or I could bring an entire set-up (Wii, P:M, Melee, CRT TV).

How much money is it going to be total if I want to sign up for P:M and Melee?

What is the ideal time to arrive?

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys. Pumped for Tomorrow.

Couple more questions.

What should I bring? I can just bring a controller for myself or I could bring an entire set-up (Wii, P:M, Melee, CRT TV).

How much money is it going to be total if I want to sign up for P:M and Melee?

What is the ideal time to arrive?
You should bring an entire setup and obviously your own controller. You might want to use your setup for Melee so those guys can play some more.

It's going to be $17.

It opens at 6 pm, so 6-7 pm is ideal. The first tourney starts at 7:30pm.

Matthew "Demo" Rak

Bad at Smash
Slippi.gg
Demo#0
You should bring an entire setup and obviously your own controller. You might want to use your setup for Melee so those guys can play some more.

It's going to be $17.

It opens at 6 pm, so 6-7 pm is ideal. The first tourney starts at 7:30pm.
Consider it done. I'll aim to get there at six, but no promises with traffic.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
Good thing mañana means "tomorrow morning" then. That's understandable though. The magic school bus sounds important.
Mañana means tomorrow and/or sometime tomorrow. Hasta Mañana aka See You Tomorrow! :)

Also, I must learn of this bus to the moon. Sounds like a hyperbolic time-chamber for manliness.

Top Bottom