• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
One more question, is any brawl allowed?
I don't see why not. Project M is just preferred over it. There won't be a tournament for it but you can play friendlies on it. Not sure how many people will be up to play it though.

B.W.

Smash Champion
So this is slightly last minute, but is there anyone who can give me a ride tomorrow? I'm not sure if I can make it unless someone picks me up, didn't realize my step dad was out of town currently. I know some of you live in Bolingbrook and other places close to Darien or are even passing through Darien.

I wouldn't even need a ride back home, just a ride to EXP.

My address is 716 Somerset Ln Darien, IL so if you'd be so kind to check your friendly google maps to see whether or not it's out of the way that'd be great.

Obviously I'd give you gas money, cause that'd be **** if I didn't.

RockyLuna-

Smash Rookie
I would but I cant. Sorry bud. On average, how many people show up to these weekly events? Like at least 20-25+ people? sorry for so many questions. Just wanna know what to expect

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I would but I cant. Sorry bud. On average, how many people show up to these weekly events? Like at least 20-25+ people? sorry for so many questions. Just wanna know what to expect
Most we've gotten for PM is 40 and that was 2 weeks ago.

YoshiNaomi

Smash Cadet
If I can get the cash, I will be there tonight. If I have more cash, I will be planning on tourney and money matches. I've been practicing. I got my Samus on lock, Ivy's doing well, Peach is a lil rusty, and my Charizard/Olimar are great. Hope to see you all there!

p.s. I can bring my laptop + a dazzle for an extra stream for giggles, if wanted?

p.p.s. Finally finished my contorller mod. Got a fresh factory black(gonna re-paint it soon) with a nunchuck for my left stick and a gc control stick for my right stick, with the spring removed on the left trigger. X3

Zwarm

Smash Hero
We would appreciate no one else streaming while we do, since it lowers the quality of both streams using up the same internet. Bobby and Molly plan to upgrade, but until then, I would appreciate only one stream. I apologize.

Feel free to record though! More videos the better!

Also there were like 60 people there last week, though the impromtu tournament didn't have that many entrants.

YoshiNaomi

Smash Cadet
We would appreciate no one else streaming while we do, since it lowers the quality of both streams using up the same internet. Bobby and Molly plan to upgrade, but until then, I would appreciate only one stream. I apologize.

Feel free to record though! More videos the better!

Also there were like 60 people there last week, though the impromtu tournament didn't have that many entrants.
Actually, that is a much better idea! I'll have a TB harddrive on me, I'll happily record any matches! @Shion @ Oro?! Oro?! @ Lazarond Lazarond @ Zwarm Zwarm @kels I want to record matches with you specifically!

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
God Fu(king damn it, Oro.. WHO'S SUPPOSED TO BE MY BOI, THEN??!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (super saiyan)

@ YoshiNaomi YoshiNaomi

You got it, bae.

YoshiNaomi

Smash Cadet
Ight. No $ for money matches, but I'm confirmed to arrive and do tourney. I will still have my laptop and external for match recordings. I will also send them to you, if you'd like. :D

YoshiNaomi

Smash Cadet
Is there any way I can ask for a spot to be reserved? I'm gonna be there at 8, but I think registration closes before then. :c

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I'm down to do it again. I need to learn that match up. No matter what it takes. Your Marth is different from other Marths. Mainly your grab>grab>throw>tipper game. I got kinda bodied today. I'll learn the match ups against the melee top tiers if it's the last thing I do.

Last edited:

Webs

Smash Cadet
Wavedash Wednesday results for PM and Melee 4/2/14: Sorry I forgot to make this last Thursday please forgive me Edition

PM Top 4:

1. Lazarond
2. Scythe
3. Kirk
4. 5-1
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_PM_41

Melee Top 4:
1. ORLY (Dekoo Dekoo Dekoo)
2. Scythe
3. Mendoza
4. Young Dan
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_Melee_39

Oops just realized I never put this up for last week. Delayed results! Congratulations to Lazarond for his first weekly win!

PM and Melee VODs should be up sooner or later at http://www.youtube.com/windycitysmash or you can watch the twitch archive at http://www.twitch.tv/windycitysmash

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
So, this looks like something that has been running for a bit of time. A few questions if anyone is willing to answer.

Aside from the venue fee, are there any other fees I have to pay, if only to play casuals? How many people typically play either Melee or PM, on average? Are there days other than Wednesday when I can show up to play Smash with people?

I really want to play with other skilled players for once, and I'm not too far from this location. I appreciate any help in advance, thank you.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
So, this looks like something that has been running for a bit of time. A few questions if anyone is willing to answer.

Aside from the venue fee, are there any other fees I have to pay, if only to play casuals? How many people typically play either Melee or PM, on average? Are there days other than Wednesday when I can show up to play Smash with people?

I really want to play with other skilled players for once, and I'm not too far from this location. I appreciate any help in advance, thank you.
If you're a Kirby main, happy to see another. Can give you tips.

$5 is just the fee for friendlies. We encourage you to still enter the tourney, it lets you play against players on their most serious level(unless you ask them to or money match them, obviously). So far, typically PM has been 30+. Not sure about Melee, I think 20-30. Sometimes there are other days where people can show up, would be best to join the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/126804630735563/ and ask.

Last edited:

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice

Venue fee is $5 + $2 so $7 in total. With that you can play friendlies for as long as the venue is open. If you wish to enter a tournament it's $5 per event (usually the two events are PM singles and Melee singles, but this week we are doing PM and Melee doubles instead).

PM is generally 30+, melee is generally 20+

EXP runs several different events, but the most recurring one is Wavedash Wednesday every Wednesday. Smash 101 is on the 19th, and at that will be a ton of friendlies as well as crew battles and generally hype things.

There's also been talk of a "crazy tournament Friday" series, where there are some out-of-the-ordinary tournaments going on, such as CSP and stuff on Friday, but I don't know if those have been officially planned or not.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the $2 applies if you arent playing in tournament, but I could be wrong.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
As far as I know, Bobby only charges the stream fee if you enter the tournaments, if you just come for friendlies, its a flat $5 fee and that's it.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice

yeah the best thing to do is join the fb page that someone posted earlier.that way you can also find out more easily about smashfests, all the tourneys going on in the area, and sometimes there are impromptu smashfests that happen at exp.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
And at smashers' houses.

I know I like to throw smash fests every now and again... Hehehe

Top Bottom