• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jul 23, 2015] Project Playhem Weeklies - Series Cancelled details in OP (Livonia, MI)

trotrombley

Smash Rookie
NNID
freaknik115
Well darn it, I wish I could make it down to play some smash with you guys! I really wish there were some weeklies going up near traverse or something so it would be manageable for me :(

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Honestly, probably not. And if so, it wouldn't increase by much. Unless something substantial happens in our region that'll attract a ton of entrants, of course. I'd still like to see these last these three weeklies.

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
I'm on break, I can probably make this week's tourney, anyone from Macomb going?

Ipskies

Smash Rookie
Does the tournament start exactly at 6:00, or is there wiggle room there? I'm planning on coming, but I might be a little late.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Does the tournament start exactly at 6:00, or is there wiggle room there? I'm planning on coming, but I might be a little late.
The schedule is listed in the OP!

Schedule
05:30 PM - Doors Open, Registration for Smash 4 Begins
06:15 PM - Registration for Smash 4 Ends
06:30 PM - Smash 4 Bracket Begins
10:00 PM - Event ends
10:15 PM - Post Tourney Buffalo Wild Wings Trip!​

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hope you are all ready for this week's PPW! With Mewtwo and Patch 1.0.6 dropping the day before who knows what will be going on with this event?!

ecstasy

Smash Cadet
NNID
stalfosslayer3
3DS FC
2981-5797-2461
I was thinking of coming to the one on the 30th, this'll only be my second tournament, so, I might kinda suck

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I was thinking of coming to the one on the 30th, this'll only be my second tournament, so, I might kinda suck
The event on the 30th is actually going to be doubles focused since many of my attendees have been asking for a Doubles event.

ecstasy

Smash Cadet
NNID
stalfosslayer3
3DS FC
2981-5797-2461
Well, I'm not fond of doubles, maybe I'll come this week?

I was also wondering, does this takes place every year, or is it just a one time thing?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Well, I'm not fond of doubles, maybe I'll come this week?

I was also wondering, does this takes place every year, or is it just a one time thing?
The weeklies are in fact weeklies! Unless there is a school function at Schoolcraft that makes the Vista Tech Center not useable for that Thursday, we will be there!

In other news, I have also received confirmation from Project Playhem that these will continue through May and June! Working to see if July and August can be a thing as well since people want these to happen all summer.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Pulling this from my FB announcement just a little bit ago
- - - - -

"Quick Announcement for this week's weekly. With Rebirth III the Saturday after this I'm going to add a little extra to the Ori_Incentives this week.

Near the end of the event I will be doing an additional raffle to the normal raffle. In this Raffle, I will select 2 players and they will be entered into Rebirth 100% on me, this includes venue, Singles Entry, and Doubles Entry.

See you all on Thursday

- Ori
"

Wreckening

Smash Rookie
Finally, Mewtwo is tournament viable in a legit Nintendo game, and I thank you guys for damn near immediately giving us a chance to see just how that pans out

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
MEWTWO CREW BATTLE WAS GOING ON!? AND I ACTUALLY MAIN MEWTWO NOW!? Wah... ;~;

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'll get the Results Thread up when I'm on my lunch break in about an hour. Thanks again for everyone that came out and the Mewtwo Crew Battle was extra lulzy

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey guys there is no weekly this week (4/23) the next event will be 4/30 and it is going to be teams focused. I'll be having a 2v2 and 3v3 event instead of a singles bracket. After this, we will be back to our usual Singles only event. Based on turnout, I may or may not do more teams based Weeklies in the future.

Hope to see you all next week :)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
OP is updated! See you all Thursday :)

the FB event will be made some time today.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Project Playhem is official for the first half of summer 2015!

Here are the Dates for May and June!\
PPW #10 - 5/7/15
PPW #11 - 5/14/15
PPW #12 - 5/21/15
PPW #13 - 5/28/15
PPW #14 - 6/4/15
PPW #15 - 6/11/15
PPW #16 - 6/18/15
PPW #17 - 6/25/15​

Hope to see everyone as the summer of Smash is upon us. Can't wait for these to get bigger every week.

So see you all tomorrow night for the Thursday night delight!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Bump! See you all on Thursday, this time we wont have a sectioned off area that is super cramped.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The FB event page is live! See you all Thursday for the Shuffle VII send off event.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Lol so many tournaments out of Michigan that I can't come to because they're too far away for my brother to take me. Bah...

Top Bottom