• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 15, 2014] Smash 101 (Oak Park, IL)

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
This is the same exact day as the Game Pazzo tournament event. Dang it. :(

UPDATE: the Game Pazzo event date has changed! It'll be on the 22nd or the 29th!

Last edited:

Dr. Chopsaw

Smash Rookie
Never been to an event before, but I'm planning on coming to this one for PM. Any 64 love around here? I feel like nobody plays it much anymore, but it's the one I've put the most hours into.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Never been to an event before, but I'm planning on coming to this one for PM. Any 64 love around here? I feel like nobody plays it much anymore, but it's the one I've put the most hours into.
Haven't seen 64 played unless its announced weeks before for an event at EXP, which is just Games2compete hosting it. We have 20-30~ players for PM that usually come every week, including myself.

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Did you ever figure out why the N64 wasn't capturing well? It'd be sweet if we could squeeze in 64 crews on stream this time around.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I'm aware of how the PM doubles will work. How will Crew battles be selected? Is it by choice or what?

Also, even though Brawl lessons will be going on and what not, is it cool to play PM friendlies if a set up is available?

Last edited:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I'm aware of how the PM doubles will work. How will Crew battles be selected? Is it by choice or what?

Also, even though Brawl lessons will be going on and what not, is it cool to play PM friendlies if a set up is available?
I would like to know this as well. Although, I don't know how the lessons or PM doubles are being handled.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Do these lessons get streamed and do they have commentary if the do?

Cause I know some people out of state that might benefit from watching

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman

I would like to know this as well. Although, I don't know how the lessons or PM doubles are being handled.
Do these lessons get streamed and do they have commentary if the do?

Cause I know some people out of state that might benefit from watching
@ ITALIAN N1NJA ITALIAN N1NJA @ BoTastic! BoTastic! Crew Battles have two captains and the captains switch off on who they're choosing from the list when you pay the venue fee. No point not to join it.

There are sections for each game, so yes its fine if there's a setup.

@ B.W. B.W. I don't believe so, but they could be if asked. So far lessons have just been what Oro?! decides to teach everyone but don't be afraid to ask a better player to give you tips for your character.

Not exactly sure how doubles is going to work. I think its just you join the doubles match and get partnered with a higher skilled player.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Thanks for the answers Kaysick. I mostly was asking because I have some friends in VA who are getting into the game but they're still learning basics.

I'm hoping to be there this week. It'll be my first Smash 101

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I'm definitely going to be there, so it'll be my first 101 as well. Looking forward to it

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Is there a deadline entry time for the PM doubles? I might not be able to make it until 5-ish.

I'm bringing a buddy so expect two scrubs at your event!

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
I won't be there til later. Probably like 6 or so. Sucks. Was hoping to be able to get in on that doubles

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Good games with everyone. First Smash 101. Had a great time. Never had done a crew battle before today. That was awesome. Thanks for the great event!

B.W.

Smash Champion
My captain wanted me to kill myself... Lol.

It was fun though. Doubles was great. I want a 2v2 set with Oro and Zig while jrock and I team. Dunno what happened and I wanted to play that team

Mega Manny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mannerz
That was awesome. I'm less and less free every time I go. I finally have my mains so i'll be sticking to Melee for a while. ggs dudes!

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I had a great time yesterday dudes. Shoutouts to @ Kaysick Kaysick for being a great teammate. Looking forward to the next time I get to smash at EXP

SLAUGHTERMELON

Smash Rookie
Last time I played Smash was Brawl when it came out so many years ago. Haven't played since then, but I do have my old GC controller and I recently moved back to town. Seeing the Smash documentary made me consider getting back into the scene. I've never played PM or Melee, would it be okay if I showed up to this with literally no experience whatsoever?

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Last time I played Smash was Brawl when it came out so many years ago. Haven't played since then, but I do have my old GC controller and I recently moved back to town. Seeing the Smash documentary made me consider getting back into the scene. I've never played PM or Melee, would it be okay if I showed up to this with literally no experience whatsoever?
That's perfectly fine, Smash 101 doesn't have a serious tournament. You're supposed to get experience and learn on this monthly event.

SLAUGHTERMELON

Smash Rookie
Okay then I'll be there. Look forward to meeting everyone! I'll be the guy playing the worst Marth y'all have ever seen. Feel free to help me out!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
No, it's okay, you literally have the best avatar I've ever seen. Therefore by my logic you might actually be really good at Melee and PM :)

Top Bottom