• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] Roll Tier: Note the new times! 70MGame (Bellevue, NE,)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

Roll Tier

Date:

Venue: 12642 S 9th St. Bellevue, NE, 70MGame Center

More venue/Streaming/food things TBA

Tournament Opperators-MegaRobMan, CueDavid, RochaEAT and the 70Mgame staff.

Tom Garrett Says NO VENUE FEE!

ALL AGES EVENT!

Smash Games:

Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles $10
Super Smash Brothers Melee Doubles $10 per team*

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles $10
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles $10 per team*

Project M Singles $10
Project M Doubles $10 per team*

Super Smash Brothers 64 Singles $5
Super Smash Brothers 64 Doubles per team $10

*possibly 20?

Nebraska's Road to EVO:

King of Fighters 13 $10

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 $10

Super Street Fighter 4 AE $10

Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike $10

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo $5

Time Frame:
1 p.m.
Doors

1 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
Friendlies/Money Matches
Registration for Smash 64 Singles and Doubles
Registration for Project M Singles and Doubles
Registration for Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike
Registration for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

2:30 p.m.
Smash 64 Doubles
Project M Doubles
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike

3:30 p.m.
Smash 64 Singles
Project M Singles
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

5:00 p.m.-6:15 P.M.
Break
Friendlies/Money Matches
Registration for Smash Melee Singles and Doubles
Registration for Smash Brawl Singles and Doubles
Registration for King of Fighters 13
Registration for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Registration for *Street Fighter 4.

6:15 p.m.
Melee Doubles
Brawl Doubles
King of Fighters 13
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

7:45 p.m.
Melee Singles
Brawl Singles
*Street Fighter 4

9- 1:45 a.m. Friendlies, Money Matches, Crew Battles, Other Games

Prizes:

Entry Pot Cuts based on attendance

Less than 8 will be round robin for singles, doubles we may do bracket.
1st-70~75%
2nd-25~30%

If 23-8 attend
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

If 24-34 attend
1st - 52%
2nd -26%
3rd -14%
4th - 8%

If over 34 people attend
1st-50%
2nd-23%
3rd-15%
4th-7%
5th-2.5%(paid out twice)

Housing

I can house some people and there are a lot of hotels around.

General Rules

#0-Don't be a jerk
#1-No stealing
#2-Don't trip over hippies
#3-Be respectful of other peoples property and person
#4-Be on time for your matches, let the TO know if you are going for a smoke break or food break.
#5-Coaching allowed between matches, not during
#6-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
HOWEVER
I understand that people play pranks. Joker doesn't know this but on someones wii all of his inputs are set to shield and taunt, so if something like this occurs, I will laugh at you, but your match will be restarted with the understanding that you must change your controls afterwards.
#7--Intentional forfeiting, match fixing and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO. Splitting is a touchy subject, but so long as you play your set out, I don't care what you do with your $ or who you share it with.
#8-All hacks must be approved by the TO, specifically stage/character textures. Music is usually fine but I may request that you turn off some specific songs, and you must oblige.

Seeding: I might run pools, if 24 or less everyone will make it to bracket. Otherwise I will be looking for one person per area to assist in seeding. PR rankings will be acknowledged. So make your fake PRs now.

If I assume that there is going to be enough people, I will adjust the schedule to allot for pools for whatever games necessary.

Total Sets> Head 2 Head> Total Games.

* In the event of a X-way tie in Pools after all tiebreakers are exhausted, a best-of-1 round robin will be played out between the X players until there is a clear order of placings.

Melee Rules

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Best of 3 until Winners/Losers/Grand Finals, then it becomes best of 5
* 1 stage ban until best of 5 then no stage bans.
* Wobbling is LEGAL (EVO rule)
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, and using Master Hand are banned.
* You May not pick a stage you have already played on unless all players agree.
* In teams matches, ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins G&W Judgement will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Judgement winner will get the last port. If there is a conflict in singles, G&W Judgment will determine who chooses port/stage striking first.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while endlessly grabbing the ledge or flying underneath the stage is.
*In the event pause is left on and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon the TO's judgment, the situation will be resolved. Punishment may range from nothing, a warning, free attack (will be chosen by the TO and will be character specific), loss of stock/match/set or ejection from venue

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Team Attack is turned ON
* If a player is using the character Falco, Captain Falcon, Sheik Marth or Mario, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

*Any additional disputes will be up to determination by the tournament organizer.

TLDR; 4 stocks, 8 minutes, WF/LF/GF b/o 5, 1 stage ban until b/o 5 then none, Wobbling is LEGAL (EVO rule)

Stages

Singles: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshis Island
CP: Pokemon Stadium

Doubles: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshis Island
CP: :Kongo Jungle 64

Brawl Rules

* 3 stock, 9:00 minutes
* Items are set to "OFF" and "NONE"
* Pause is set to "OFF" if players agree
* Metaknights infinite dimensional cape and extended dimesional cape are banned.
* 50 Ledge Grab Limit for Low Tier characters [15 for 1 stock in the event of a timeout]
* 40 Ledge Grab Limit for Mid Tier characters (Borderline) [13 for 1 stock in the event of a timeout]
* 30 Ledge Grab Limit for High Tier characters (S tier) [10 for 1 stock in the event of a timeout]
-If a player goes over the ledge grab limit and the game goes to time, the opponent will be declared the winner. If both players exceed the ledge grab limit, normal win conditions apply.
* See Stage Striking for more information on how stages are selected and banned.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by all players.
* In teams matches, ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins G&W Judgement will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Judgement winner will get the last port. If there is a conflict in singles, G&W Judgment will determine who chooses port/stage striking first.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while endlessly grabbing the ledge or flying underneath the stage is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 200% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. If stalling is confirmed by the tournament organizer, the offending player will forfeit the match.
* In the event of a Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbycide
#1-If the game goes to sudden death, sudden death is played out
#2-If the game goes to the winner screen, the one who did the suicide move wins.
* If a sudden death is initiated by both players dying at the exact same time or a tie in both stock count and percentage, sudden death will be played out
*In the event pause is left on and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon the TO's judgment, the situation will be resolved. Punishment may range from nothing, a warning, free attack (will be chosen by the TO and will be character specific), loss of stock/match/set or ejection from venue.
*Any additional disputes will be up to determination by the tournament organizer.

Stage Striking:

1-1-1-1

-In the event of a dispute, G&W Judgement will be used to determine who strikes first.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counter-pick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Team Attack is turned ON
* Double Metaknight is banned unless agreed upon by all FOUR players
* If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

TLDR; 3 stocks, 9 minutes, WF/LF/GF b/o 5, Double MK banned doubles

Stages

Starters: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Yoshis Brawl,
Counter Picks: Delfino Plaza, Pictochat
Smash 64

Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available

All tournament sets will be best-of-3 except the following, which will be best-of-5: Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

To decide the stage for the first game of the set, stage strike from the Stagelist in "12" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes one stage.

After each game:
1. Loser chooses counterpick stage
2. Winner chooses their character
3. Loser chooses their character

Characters:
Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player has the right to request a color change in the event of a counterpick to Congo Jungle.

TLDR; 5 Stocks, B/o 3 except for WF/LF/GF then it's b/o 5

Stagelist:
Congo Jungle
Hyrule Castle
Dream Land

Project M

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* If the match goes to Sudden Death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* DSR Modified: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* All tournament sets will be best-of-3 except the following, which will be best-of-5: Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

To decide the stage for the first game of the set, stage strike from the Starters stagelist in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

After each game:
1. Winner announces THREE stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

TLDR; 4 stocks, 8 minutes, no buffer

Stages: This might change but I am planning to run Apex rules for this.

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld
EVO RULES

- Matches will be 2 out of 3 games- Losers, Winners, and Grand finals consist of 3 out of 5 games, except for Marvel which is always 3 out of 5 games.
- After a game has concluded, winner must stick with same team/Character and order for the next game.
- Loser has option of switching Character
- Game breaking glitches are banned.
- Turbo button features are NOT allowed.
- Pausing a game will result in forfeit of that game, unless the opponent chooses to waive this option.
- Tournament is double elimination.
- Gill is banned for the SF:3S Tournament
- All Characters are legal for the other games

Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us, the venue, or any parties involved responsible for any property or personal loss or damage.

Contact MegaRobMan @ 402-305-5522

Last edited:

Aphex

Smash Rookie
is this 18+, if not I know multiple people who can come

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Added DavidCue and RochaEAT to the TO staff.

David is going to primarily be in charge of brackets for EVO games and assist with smash brackets.

Rocha is primarily going to be in charge of calling matches and making sure that the tournaments will be moving quickly in general.

Also made 3rd Strike $10.

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
THREAD UPDATED, WILL BE UPDATED AGAIN TOMORROW.

Everyone, after careful evaluation and my desire to please everyone and knowing that it IS easter on 4/20 Sunday, I have been able to cut the tournament time down by about an hour and 45 minutes. Though the Venue will still stay open until about 2 a.m.

The doors will open at 1 instead of 2 and the registration time has been cut down, ending at 2:30 for the first wave of events. Registration for the 2nd wave of events ends at 6:15.

So please take note of the new start times.

Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring set ups, especially for PS3+games+HDMI cord and a 64 with smash 64. You do not need to bring a set up but if you have a PS3 without a HDMI cord than it might be appropriate and appreciated!

Please note the pricing and order of games has not changed.

Thank You!

-Me and the 70Mgame staff.

https://www.facebook.com/events/439293259538678/?source=50

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I didn't know a lot of people play Injustice. Most of the competitve gamers I see (the smash/fgc communities kinda intermix in Nebraska) stopped playing Injustice after like week 2, other than JBM and Majik, who quit soon after a month or so.

From my knowledge the gaming scenes in a ~2 hour radius that are popular are the ones I am running, in my estimation of order something like melee/kof/sf4/3s/PM/Brawl/umvc3/64/ST.

I don't really ever see people playing 64 or ST, but I know there's a scene for it because I read about it.

TBH if SCV was at EVO I would have ran that because I know that there is/was a scene for it about 7 months ago in Lincoln.

phantazm

Smash Rookie
Its all good, its sad how low the injustice and mortal kombat community is here in nebraska. I still know a couple of people who still play injustice. Its the only fighting game I play now until Ultra SF and the new smash bros comes out.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You can always bring it and see if there's interest, we have time after the melee/brawl singles and sf4 to run stuff.

I don't know if I can fit in into a time slot, but if I run another one and there is intersst I will add it.

Same with Guilty Gear.

Top Bottom