• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 9, 2015] DIRTY D.Y.T Monthlies! WiiU, P:M, Melee, & Brawl (Kettering, OH)

tehpanda64

Smash Rookie
oh, I might bring a gang of 3 or so along with me (total of 4 max-ish.), we are young though, like, jr/sr in highschool. Pretty up in the air though for our attendance.

I guess I should have just edited the previous post. oh well. forgot to mention that we would be interested in PM as well as melee. perhaps 2-3 of us can tolerate brawl to boot.

Last edited:

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
There's about a 90% chance we'll be adding Melee, I just need to re adjust the schedule and flair in the original post. That'll happen sometime this weekend.

There are quite a few players that will be in attendance that are high school age, so no worries. Most of the staff members that help me run the event are local high school kids. Bring your crew, definitely!

tehpanda64

Smash Rookie
Alright! I can confirm 6 maybe 7 of us myself included with an, and a crt, plus gamecube with melee. A wii is also available to be brought. inform me if we need more gear as there is more that my group can bring.
I may be able to convince some of them to make smashboards acc's to rsvp. I cannot say that all of us will pay for tourney brackets but minimum 2 will enter melee and projectm singles and one team for melee doubles if that will be a thing, the pair may do projectm doubles if melee doubles doesn't happen.
Now that I think of it, I should probably bring 2 setups. That is 2 crt's plus wii plus a Gamecube. Melee and brawl disks plus projectm card.
we aren't great side note.
also, I could totally bring smashbros64 with an n64.
(did I just double the number in attendance o.o)
It is going to be really unfortunate when my plans suddenly change but i think it is a good 70% chance that this will go through.

oh, and did a lot of people last month rsvp close to the date of the tourney? seems like much less attendance so far this month.

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just figured out that Apex ruleset has 3 bans and only 3 small stages and only 1 large stage. No thanks, maybe to no. >_>

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
MELEE SINGLES HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE LINEUP OF GAMES FOR THIS TOURNAMENT

Alright! I can confirm 6 maybe 7 of us myself included with an, and a crt, plus gamecube with melee. A wii is also available to be brought. inform me if we need more gear as there is more that my group can bring.
I may be able to convince some of them to make smashboards acc's to rsvp. I cannot say that all of us will pay for tourney brackets but minimum 2 will enter melee and projectm singles and one team for melee doubles if that will be a thing, the pair may do projectm doubles if melee doubles doesn't happen.
Now that I think of it, I should probably bring 2 setups. That is 2 crt's plus wii plus a Gamecube. Melee and brawl disks plus projectm card.
we aren't great side note.
also, I could totally bring smashbros64 with an n64.
(did I just double the number in attendance o.o)
It is going to be really unfortunate when my plans suddenly change but i think it is a good 70% chance that this will go through.

oh, and did a lot of people last month rsvp close to the date of the tourney? seems like much less attendance so far this month.
Hey dude, sorry I haven't gotten back to you or said much in this thread lately, real life + shopping for future tourney venues has been getting in the way.

Bring as many TVs and consoles as you can cram in your respective vehicle(s), and it'll be worth your while. In addition to waived venue fees, if you REALLY help us out, I can probably nab you some free food. I hope you all can make it out!
We aren't doing Melee doubles this time, to make sure I can handle all of this in one day, but at future events we'll likely add Melee doubles once I've ensured that I can realistically handle running that many brackets at once.

Don't worry about convincing them to make smashboards accounts to RSVP; I don't really rely on the Smashboards RSVP system to keep track of how many people are attending, since not many people frequently remember to use it. Just make sure you bring them, on the day of the tournament!

Regarding predicted attendance: there's going to be a pretty large handful of dudes from the Dayton area that turn up, since these are our largest consist local tournaments, and they likely won't RSVP on here or anywhere else really lol. I just trust them to show up. Additionally, Smash players have a real tendency to plan their weekend tournament excursions on very little notice, so I'm still anticipating a good turnout, even if it's short of last months by a bit (or way bigger, I never know til the day of).

Wish I could make it, but there's a KY tournament happening only an hour away from me this time. >_<
Yeah, I saw that tourney Ralph. There's also one in MI that I'm competing with. Sucks, but this was the only suitable weekend in April, so it's okay. Things happen. Hope we can see you here in May!

Edit: Also, WE NEED SETUPS! BRING A SETUP, GET YOUR VENUE FEE WAIVED. BRING ADDITIONAL SETUPS, BE NAMED A HERO OF THE COMMUNITY.

Last edited:

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
Bringing my CRT, Melee Setup, and my Project M setup
(and my streaming equipment, so i'll be getting there as close to 10-10:30 as I can to get set up)

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'll be a part of Soulpech's carpool.

It'll be him, me, Juu, Alfa, & Suyon. I'll be entering both events for Brawl & P:M.

Last edited:

Pikupstyks

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pikupstyks
Hello,

I found out about this through Reddit the other day, a few of the people were asking if I was able to show up to this tournament but I just wanted to let people know that I will be unable to attend as I have a family wedding that I have to attend this weekend. Hopefully there is another one of these next month and I hope that melee singles will be present.

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
Hello,

I found out about this through Reddit the other day, a few of the people were asking if I was able to show up to this tournament but I just wanted to let people know that I will be unable to attend as I have a family wedding that I have to attend this weekend. Hopefully there is another one of these next month and I hope that melee singles will be present.
Well, this is a monthly...and melee i'm assuming will be popular enough to be permanently added

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
QD, I believe Russy also has recordings from the TV that had Brawl on it, before he switched over to recording PM finals. You could ask him about it. :)

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

The OP has been updated! Here's the tl;dr:

The next event is May 31st. Brawl doubles has been replaced with Melee doubles (sorry springfield). I'll look into adding Brawl Dubz back next month. Brawl singles is still there.

Some info that isn't in the OP: Project: M has been moved to the garage for more breathing room, since it seems so damn popular.

I'm thinking 6 TVs for PM, 4 for Melee, and 4 for Brawl, with the latter two happening in the main basement room.
THAT MEANS WE NEED SETUPS, SO YOU KNOW THE DRILL. Bring 'em if you've got 'em, and be rewarded :)

We probably won't be getting any surprise visitors from the east coast, since SKTAR is going on during this, so we'll start on time and 1st place will actually be up for grabs, hehe.

That's all for now, see ya soon guys. :)

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
Just a heads up, we will be recording again, but we will most likely only be getting Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals of Singles and Grand Finals of Doubles (Unless there is a match that is expected to be really hype)

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
My schedule for work on the last week of May will let me go for Round 2, here.

Consider me a part of SoulPech's carpool again if he's still planning to go around that time.

oBlackstar

Smash Rookie
Wait, Dayton actually has smash players?! And there are monthlies going on?! And i just now found out!? AND ITS IN MY HOME TOWN?! Cool. I'll be there the 31st. I have a Wiiski I can bring. Maybe a tv. What's the recommended size?

tjdk2

Smash Cadet
hey might bring my crew of scrubs up if you are ok with a bunch of noobs wreaking your fun (BTW do you still need some tv's/wii's if so we
might bring some)

Clintombment

Smash Rookie
May 31st, 2014 SETUPS

CRT TV's
1. PeppyWil
2. PeppyWil
3. PeppyWil
4. PeppyWil
5. PeppyWil
6. PeppyWil
7. Helio BoL
8. Helio BoL
9. Clintombment

Wii's
1. PeppyWil
2. PeppyWil
3. Helio BoL
4. Helio BoL
5. Clintombment

Gamecubes/Wiis w/ memory card (Melee Setups)
1. Jartz
2. Clintombment

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
hey might bring my crew of scrubs up if you are ok with a bunch of noobs wreaking your fun (BTW do you still need some tv's/wii's if so we
might bring some)
Players of all skill levels are welcome! We definitely still need Wiis, and we'll probably need TVs as well. Waived venue fees for setups are on a first come, first serve basis. Registration is open at 10AM :)
I'm gonna try to make it to this. Im assuming wobbling is legal :p
Wobbling is legal as it should be.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
So Brawl is still happening at this event right? Is there anyone in Dayton or Columbus would be willing to host me Friday night? I would like to show up on Saturday well rested and not having driven for four hours from cle.

Last edited:

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
Either drive an hour to this or go to more graduation parties with free food. I've been antsy for another tournament since alphacollusion2 though. Such a hard decision.:urg:

Top Bottom