• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 9, 2015] DIRTY D.Y.T Monthlies! WiiU, P:M, Melee, & Brawl (Kettering, OH)

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
Are crew battles happening, considering attendance so far?

Also, for more "secret" event ideas: Mario Kart Double Dash Wii Edition! (i.e. Play Mario Kart Wii blindfolded with a partner telling you where to go! And of course record it, so the blindfolded players can see how well (or poorly) they did!)

Last edited:

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Are crew battles happening, considering attendance so far?

Also, for more "secret" event ideas: Mario Kart Double Dash Wii Edition! (i.e. Play Mario Kart Wii blindfolded with a partner telling you where to go! And of course record it, so the blindfolded players can see how well (or poorly) they did!)
Crew Battles are very, very likely and will probably either be 1. Draft Crews or 2. Dayton vs. The World. The secret event MAY end up being this crew battle, depending on time, or it may be something far more random, reserved for later in the night. We'll see.

Smashfield!!!!! It looks like Ill be coming out of retirement with Nope for this.
I can't even tell you how excited I am for this. It'll be awesome to see Smashfield back.

Also, people: the setup post indicates that we have enough Wiis for all potential setups, and only need one more TV. HOWEVER, if you can bring one or the other or both, please still do so! It may help in case people can't make it or if anything else comes up! Thanks so much.

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
Great! What are the typical rules for a crew battle (I'm only vaguely familiar with what a crew battle is, but I understand the gist of it)? Or what will you be running here most likely? 5v5? How do character selections work? And does the winner begin the next match at 0%, or the % they ended with? Thanks.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Great! What are the typical rules for a crew battle (I'm only vaguely familiar with what a crew battle is, but I understand the gist of it)? Or what will you be running here most likely? 5v5? How do character selections work? And does the winner begin the next match at 0%, or the % they ended with? Thanks.
Well, certain parameters of crew battles have changed over time, like how many people are in a crew, among other crap. It's two teams of players and two dudes fight and the winner fights the next guy in line with the number of stocks he ended the previous fight with. Percent is ignored in this, so you start at 0%. The rest of the rules... will be revealed at the crew battle, probably. I really like Draft Crews so we'll likely do that, one of my fondest early tourney memories is Brawl reverse-main draft crews at one of Nope's Smashfield monthlies. Overswarm picked me close to last for his team and I did awful, it rocked.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Will there be a tv with cable so I can watch the NCAA tournament during down time?

I think champ Warfie and possibly fonz will be coming as well.

Hyperzypherian

Smash Rookie
I'll almost certainly be coming to this. It's not a problem if I use a Classic Controller Pro, is it? I can't really play with a GCube.

Nope

Smash Lord
+1 Vote for Smashfield vs the World crews, if we are still there. Also Peppy if you are looking to start running Events I would be happy to sell you my CRTs that I have in the basement, or anyone else that would just like a TV

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Hey, anyone from Cincinnati coming up that I could catch a ride from?
I'll try to organize a Cincinnati car, and could have a streaming setup as well. I'll update you later once I talk to people. Also, any chance of a changed from apex stage list for pm? What are others thoughts on this? In addition, apex had no pm doubles and with that no doubles stage list, so may need to create one.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Smashfield crew vs whoever would be epic.

Im pumped for Blast From the Past (Lou and Nope) to steamroll through doubles!!! Looking forward to this tournament

Last edited:

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
+1 Vote for Smashfield vs the World crews, if we are still there. Also Peppy if you are looking to start running Events I would be happy to sell you my CRTs that I have in the basement, or anyone else that would just like a TV
I'll probably take you up on that eventually, once I start using venue fees to buy new equipment. For the tournament tomorrow specifically, though, all proceeds go towards Relay For Life #screwcancer
50 50 on this tournament atm.

Also, if we come you know that we'd put Smashfield on blast in a crew battle.
Please do this PLEASE

Nope

Smash Lord
well It's looking like it's just Lou and I now anyway. Champ is MIA won't respond to anything, Warfie and Brewer Bailed and Fonz has 3rd shift I live in Cbus johns and won't even get home until 10am.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Yo, those of you coming to this tournament: don't show up before 10 AM, unless you have to. The need for sleep is real. Thanks <3 Also
well It's looking like it's just Lou and I now anyway. Champ is MIA won't respond to anything, Warfie and Brewer Bailed and Fonz has 3rd shift I live in Cbus johns and won't even get home until 10am.
This kills the Peppy :(

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Double post, mods fight me irl

The April edition of the Dirty DYT monthlies will be happening on April 19th! Still planning on Brawl and P:M, though we may cut out P:M doubles and replace it with Melee Singles. Or we may keep P:M doubles, add Melee singles and doubles, and I'll take my coffee light roast with three sugars.

If we did Melee, who would enter? I really need to gauge interest in this before I go through with it!

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
Definitely want to try and make this one, would definitely enter melee and PM, not too sure about brawl though

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
Definitely excited for this, bringing Wii, CRT, and my streaming setup (peppy, if you can, I'd like to know what your upload speed is so I can adjust the stream settings as such so we don't have a slideshow)

tehpanda64

Smash Rookie
any chance of melee going on? as much as I love pm I'm not sure it is enough for me to drive the half hour for it...

Top Bottom