• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 9, 2015] DIRTY D.Y.T Monthlies! WiiU, P:M, Melee, & Brawl (Kettering, OH)

PeppyWil

Smash Ace

Peppy's DIRTY DYT Monthly Tournament Series

Disappointed with Dayton's lack of a Smash presence, I've resolved to bring this city together and host kickass tournaments.
And there's nothing else to add to that story because that's exactly how it's gonna go down.

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1581486968765235/

Pre-Registration Link: http://goo.gl/forms/Tpdwqlfxi6

1. Location
2. Date/Time
3. Fees
4. Rules
5. My Contact Info

1. Location

No Limit Gaming
(Picture of the venue coming soon)

1217 E Stroop Rd.

Kettering, OH 45458

The Dirty DYT Monthlies have a new location! The series will now be hosted at No Limit Gaming's new storefront in Kettering, Ohio! The venue is very spacious, and I'm excited to work with the No Limit staff to provide an excellent tournament environment. The store is not far off of I-675, past the Greene, located at a large shopping center.

2. Date/Time
The next tournament will be held on: May 9th, 2014

Tentative Schedule:

10:00 AM - Registration is Open
12:00 PM - Registration for Doubles is Closed
12:15 PM - Smash Wii U Doubles Begins
12:45 PM - Melee Doubles Begins
1:15 PM - Project: M Doubles Begins
1:30 PM - Registration for Singles is Closed
1:35 PM - Brawl Singles Bracket Begins
2:00 PM - Melee Singles Pools Begin
2:45 PM - Smash Wii U Singles Pools Begin
3:30 PM - Project: M Singles Pools Begins
4:15 PM - Melee Singles Bracket Begins
5:00 PM - Smash Wii U Singles Bracket Begins
5:45 PM - Project: M Singles Bracket Begins
12:00 AM - Tournament Ends

3. Fees

Venue Fee: If you pre-register online, the venue fee is $5. If you register at the door, the venue fee is $10. If you bring a full Smash Wii U setup, you will receive a $5 discount on your venue fee (as long as we still need set-ups).

Link for Online Pre-Registration: http://goo.gl/forms/Tpdwqlfxi6

Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 per team ($10 per person)

Payout x<4 Entrants:
1st: 100%

Payout 4<x</=8 Entrants:
1st: 70%
2nd: 30%

Payout 8<x</=32 Entrants:
1st: 60%
3rd: 10%

Payout 32<x</=64 Entrants:
1st: 55%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

4. Rules
Apex Ruleset for Brawl and Melee
Brawl: https://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/
Melee: https://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

Smash Wii U: Rule-set to be decided in the near future.
Project M: Standard rules (4 stock)

Soul Pech Ruins Everything Rule: You can only enter 4 of the available 7 brackets.
Fizzle Is A Problem Rule: You may enter no more than 3 singles brackets.

General Rules: Please be courteous to venue staff and to the venue itself.
Have fun and don't be a douche.

Bring your own controller.
TO's word is final.

5. Contact Info

In case you need to get a hold of me for emergency reasons, my cell # is 937-750-3180.
For non-emergency purposes, PM me here on Smashboards or email me at camprice.2@gmail.com
If you live in the Greater Dayton Area and play Smash Bros., go here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashBrosDayton/

See you all very soon!

Last edited:

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, glad to have something so close-by!

I would love to go to these but I sadly don't have a car on campus.

I was wondering if anyone lived near the University of Dayton and would be going to these event(s) if I could catch a ride.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
If nobody else can, I can pick you up Friday night, house you, then you can help me get everything set up for the tourney before everyone else gets there.

Are you still down to stream?

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
I'm coming, also, you know you can actually set a spot for google maps, that location is way off from where you house actually is

Last edited:

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
That works Wil!

I can stream if people want. my capture card is having issues with recording audio sadly, but we can just set up a mic near the tv, it works fine imo.

I can bring a setup if we need those, as well as melee for those interested in that :p

Last edited:

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
We do need setups, yep! I've gone ahead and made the second post a setup count.

If you bring a full setup, you get the venue fee waived, and you're an all around cooler person, so let's get those in order people :)

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
Definitely coming to this, also I have a game recording setup with full sound and camera to show the players and I can create a stream layout for brawl since I already have one for PM

EDIT: I also will be able to bring my wii but I have no crt

Last edited:

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
I have 2 wii's if someone has a backup brawl disk too. my other wii has trouble turning on but once it does theres no issues.

Rizner

Smash Ace
I'll try to organize a Cincinnati car, and could have a streaming setup as well. I'll update you later once I talk to people. Also, any chance of a changed from apex stage list for pm? What are others thoughts on this? In addition, apex had no pm doubles and with that no doubles stage list, so may need to create one.

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
I'll try to organize a Cincinnati car, and could have a streaming setup as well. I'll update you later once I talk to people. Also, any chance of a changed from apex stage list for pm? What are others thoughts on this? In addition, apex had no pm doubles and with that no doubles stage list, so may need to create one.
Apex does in fact have a doubles ruleset, it's exactly the same as singles except yoshi's story is banned and distant planet is legal

4 stocks
8 minutes
Team attack is on
Life stealing is on

EDIT: double checked, rumble falls is still banned

Last edited:

otter

Smash Ace
not sure If im working overtime that weekend but I'll be back to rsvp.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I'm interested in coming. If I do come I'll be bringing my Wii for Brawl (not letting it be used for P:M). May also see if KY is interested in coming.

Will also take all MM's at this. Also if you want top 3 in Brawl doubles hit me up.

Also the FB event seems to be private, as I can't view it.

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Wish I saw this a while ago. I would be interested in coming but sadly I'll be at the Childish Gambino concert this day :(

Helio

Smash Rookie
I can bring a second TV if we need to even up wil. Lemme know if we have more Wii's than TVs next week

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
If nobody else requests it, would housing be possible, at least for Saturday night? Right now my car is just me, my roommate, and maybe Ralph. If not, that's fine lol.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Helio - Make sure that extra TV is a CRT, and not too big! We're limited on space and looking to hit 8 setups, no more and no less.

Past - Housing for out of staters, and far-away-ers, is available for free at the venue. Bring a sleeping bag though, dude. There's only one couch and one large armchair, after that we've got to wing it. Plenty of floor space though, and the carpet is pretty thick :)

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Sounds good to me! :)

Also, would you potentially be able to take a picture of the venue from outside, so it's easier for us to spot?

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
(redacted because no longer relevant)

New Post, I can pick up the UD peoples if you take them back Peppy.

Last edited:

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Past - I'll be taking a picture and posting it later. And by that I mean tomorrow, when it is hopefully no longer snowing.

Doppler - I'll be fixing that GPS picture thingy later. Gotta do non-smash stuff before I can settle in and do all of this lol

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Sry if it's already been mentioned here, but what's the Brawl attendance looking like(i.e. Who from OH is coming and is MI coming?)? :o

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
I can bring a Wii but no TV. Also what time is it?
Registration begins at 10AM. You should probably be there before noon.

Sry if it's already been mentioned here, but what's the Brawl attendance looking like(i.e. Who from OH is coming and is MI coming?)? :o
Well Ralph, I don't really know who plays PM vs. who plays Brawl, until I actually meet everyone lol. But for Brawl, we have you, Past, Cam, possibly QD, and we'll see if he can bring Shugo, which would be cool. Soul Pech plays Brawl I believe, and I'm not sure if Juu still does but he used to. I'm a Brawl player but I won't be entering (trying to focus on running the event smoothly for now). Ori's inability to go is the only news I've heard from MI, though I'd love it if they could come. Seems like a substantial amount of interest is from PM players right now, but the only way to know for sure is to come find out! Do me a favor and let any Brawl players in the Midwest East know about this event, even if it is short notice now.

Also: I've updated the OP with info about food, as well as a picture of the venue. If anyone knows how the F to put large uploaded pictures in spoiler tags, let me know. NVM, got it!

Last edited:

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
So there will be actual pools at this event, and then a double elimination bracket?

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
For singles, yes. Doubles will be straight to bracket, and seeding for that will be based on where you and your teammate are from, as well as tourney results and perceived skill level. Those same parameters will determine who is in what pool for singles.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
KY already knows, but has a tournament going on this day. I would imagine that Ori would've let the rest of MI know, but I guess there's no way to know for sure on that one. Also potential Shugo hype. :D I might also practice P:M a bit for this if that's how attendance is looking. D:

Top Bottom