• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Apr 18, 2015] The Royal Treatment I (Tucker, GA)

Scatz

Smash Champion

We are proud to announce the first installment of a new Georgia tournament series, The Royal Treatment. The Royal Treatment I presents a Melee, Project M, and Smash 4 tournament! Georgia's got more than Tipped Off to get prepared for now!

The tournament will be held at the Lilburn Alliance Church, in the Youth Room section. You can find the door by going behind the church to park near the section that has an overhang wide enough to park a car under.

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1524174084507678/

Pictures:
Here's the sign for the church! Right off Mimosa Dr! Mimosa Cir NW is the backside of the church.

Mimosa Circle NW is this road.

Entrance to the tournament. This is the only part of the church that has this. You can find it if you drive towards the back right (imagine yourself in the front, middle of the church) of the parking lot.

Closest parking featuring a red car! This is right in front of the entrance!

More parking on the immediate right side of the building! If you come up Mimosa Cir NW, then you'll be making a U-turn to see the parks.

More parking spots. Parking extends all around the building.

More parking feat. an ugly red car! This is on the other side of the building, off Mimosa Dr. If you have to park here, I suggest you drop off your equipment before parking since it's a little walk (nothing serious though).

Here's the other side of the building. Like I said before, parking extends all around the church! So if you have trouble finding a park, I'll be amazed!

Entrance to the main room. If you don't see this, then you're in the wrong section!

Here's the main room! Quite spacious! We even have a few rooms that we can use upstairs should things get cramped!

Main room part 2! Chairs, food tables, and a few sofas! Take your pick on what to rest on!

Here's going to be the main project for spectators to watch on! If you are enjoying your pizza or just relaxing, you'll at least have something good to watch!

Speaking of pizza, this is where we'll be serving them! We'll have select times so that everyone can get their food without a big hassle.

----------------------------------------------------------------- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ------------------------------------------------------------------

Pools Preview Link: bit.ly/TRT1_Pools
Rules: http://bit.ly/TRT1_Rules
Schedule: http://bit.ly/TRT1_Schedule

Every event is capped at 128 entrants! Make sure you get a spot by preregistering. You will make plans go by much smoother if you preregister rather than showing up the day of!

WE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO BRING SETUPS EVEN IF YOU CANNOT BRING A FULL SETUP! We want to make sure this event runs as smoothly as possible for everyone to provide the best experience for your money. Without bringing setups, we will have to make cuts to any plans make sure the main events finish in time!

Fees:
  • Door Fee: $5
  • Pizza (Optional): $5
  • PM Singles: $10
  • Melee Singles: $5
  • Smash 4 Singles: $5
  • PM Doubles: $5 per player
  • Melee Doubles: $5 per player
  • Smash 4 Quads: $5 per player
We will organize the ordering of pizza for dinner around the time between Wave 2 of pools and the pro bracket. Pizza is optional, but if you change your mind, we cannot guarantee that food will be available, as we have to make ordering arrangements in advance.

Payouts: **All payouts are the same for each event**
  • Normal Payouts 60% / 30% / 10%
  • If entrants reach 50, Top 5 payouts: 50% / 25% / 12.5% / 7.5% / 5%
    • 5th place players will play for money
  • If entrants reach 100, Top 8 payouts: 45% / 20% / 12.5% / 7.5% / 5% / 5% / 2.5% / 2.5%
Contact any of the following with any concerns:
Scatz: (770) 778-4864
Brad: (678) 739-8486

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I'm aiming to haul my butt to this tourney, and give a good show if I don't get rekt.

Are ya'll gonna be allowing Custom Moves via the Custom Moveset Project?

Scatz

Smash Champion
It's still up for discussion as of now. Because EVO is doing customs and CEO isn't, it's a difficult decision.

Edit: On that note, pictures of the venue has been added! Also, main picture has been fixed.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Smash 4 rules have been updated. We will be using customs in order for players to train for EVO.

Doubles for PM & Melee and Quads for Smash 4 have been added and are not limited to the restriction set for singles. The schedule has been altered due to this change.

Saint+

Smash Rookie
I a little confused of the smash 4 rules. It says customs fighters will be set to off yet in your recent post you said they will be on for EVO. So which is it? on or off

Eagle Smash

Smash Cadet
It's a little weird to see that 5th place will fight for money instead of just splitting that 5% into 2.5% packets.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I a little confused of the smash 4 rules. It says customs fighters will be set to off yet in your recent post you said they will be on for EVO. So which is it? on or off
The custom fighters as in ones created and transferred between WiiUs. Changing the specials is allowed, but any stat alterations is not. I will be updating this in the near future to clear up any confusion, and will be adding in stages for doubles / quads.

It's a little weird to see that 5th place will fight for money instead of just splitting that 5% into 2.5% packets.
The amount is not worth splitting to both 5th player contestants. I would rather make the players play for the entire 5%. This changes when the turnout reaches 100 players to split across the top 8.

Last edited:

Kushamo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-5525-1625
I'll be able to make it. This will be my first tourney! Gl;hf

EDIT: Questions regarding teams and mii fighters

The pre-registration says you can only enter two events, but the only options given are the 3 games. Does this mean, for example, you can only enter Melee singles and Sma4sh Quads, or can you do singles and team events for both games?

And then are non-default mii fighters legal?

:yeahboi:

Also, just curious: Will this tournament be streamed at all?

Last edited:

PixelEater

Smash Rookie

The pre-registration says you can only enter two events, but the only options given are the 3 games. Does this mean, for example, you can only enter Melee singles and Sma4sh Quads, or can you do singles and team events for both games?

Regarding the pre-registration, you are only allowed to enter two singles events. You may enter all three team events if you desire, but since we are running pools for all singles in only two waves, we can't accommodate the bottleneck of three entries per player for singles.

As far as non-default mii fighters, I don't think that is a problem as long as they only have custom moves and not stats. However, I'm mostly in charge of logistics and bracket management so don't take my word for that. I'll let Scatz answer that one.

As for streaming, we do plan on having at least two streams. We are unsure of what channels they will be on as of yet (working that out over the next week or two) but we will definitely try our best to stream as much Smash as we can.

Thanks for the good questions!

Blackra56

Smash Rookie
I plan on attending with 3 people total and I wanted to clarify, are Smash4 quads 4v4? There is mention in the Smash 4 rules of doubles, but the Fee section lacks mention. Also how are the customs handled? Is it the list of pre-selected builds used or do we need to make them on the spot.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Hey guys! As we reach the final week before preregistration ends, some more announcements that I want to make.

Rules for Doubles and Quads are now updated! You can refer to them in the description link for rules. There were a few questions about Smash 4 customs. If you have all your customs unlocked, have the presets available before the event. If not, we will take care of it before we start singles of Smash 4.

Smash 4 will play on the April 15th version. Make sure that your WiiU is to the latest version before bringing the event, and make sure the preset customs are not tampered with after the update. Also, Quads is planned to be ran later in the day. For smash 4 players, singles will be the first event you play in.

While on the topic of smash 4, the numbers have began to pick up! We currently have 44 entrants registered. As with all the other singles events, if smash 4 reaches 50 people, we will be changing the payout to be top 5.

That's everything for now! Make sure that you tell people that are not preregistered to do so before 12:00 AM Sunday, April 12! You will be considered a late registrant and will be placed in a death bracket. You can find the preregistration in the description link and/or on the smashboards OP page.

For people's curiosity, the current amount of registrants for TRT:
Melee: 64
Smash 4: 44
Project M: 68

Glad to hear it's your first tournament! Hope we provide the best possible experience for you!

Preregistration will not allow you to send your form if you select all three. Doubles and Quads were decided after the form was released and will be taken at the door. Only singles are restricted to two events. Teams has no restriction and you can enter all three events if you wish.

We will only use default Mii Fighters to cut down time. Customs are legal, so you can select from the presets available to best suit your Mii.

I plan on attending with 3 people total and I wanted to clarify, are Smash4 quads 4v4? There is mention in the Smash 4 rules of doubles, but the Fee section lacks mention. Also how are the customs handled? Is it the list of pre-selected builds used or do we need to make them on the spot.
Glad to hear that you're coming! You are correct, smash 4 quads are 4 vs 4. We were finalizing the rules for Smash 4, which is why there may have been some confusion. Customs are preselected builds available on tournament day. We ask that if you bring a setup to make the builds before coming to the event.

Blackra56

Smash Rookie
Glad to hear that you're coming! You are correct, smash 4 quads are 4 vs 4. We were finalizing the rules for Smash 4, which is why there may have been some confusion. Customs are preselected builds available on tournament day. We ask that if you bring a setup to make the builds before coming to the event.
So if we have a set-up, but don't have customs unlocked, do you still want us to bring it? I can, and pre-registered as so, bring a gamecube (no melee disk), A Wii U (with sm4sh disk but no customs), and a official Wii U gamecube adaptor (port 1 is broke but the other work fine). Would you still like me to bring the Wii U and adaptor?

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yes, bring it. We'll handle WiiUs there if they do not have customs unlocked.

Tumics

Smash Rookie
Hey Scatz, I just resubmitted my preregistration form because I wanted to make an edit to my event entries. I hope I don't cause too much of an inconvenience to you.

Scatz

Smash Champion
In most cases, I recommend asking GA Melee players for housing. Other groups normally live with their parents or at college and cannot house.

Tumics

Smash Rookie
Hey Scatz, are you using the custom presets that EVO is using? I might be able to set up the Wii U I'm bringing with the presets to have less work for you to do.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yes. That'll be helpful if you can bring one.

Preregistration closed Saturday! Here are the final results:

PM: 88
Melee: 89
Smash 4: 57

Players may still register at the door, but will be placed in a death bracket. Not only that, but Melee and PM can still reach a top 8 payout if the death bracket gets enough players.

Pools have been finished and you can check your pools below. If for any reason you are playing a practice partner or a friend in your pool, let us know so we can make changes.

At the end of Thursday, we will be locking pools. Make sure you let us know of changes early!

Melee and PM will have Top 3 advance and Smash 4 will have Top 3 (possibly Top 4 depending on death brackets).

Pools for Melee and PM will be Round Robin while Smash 4 will be bracket.

Smash 4 has to be bracket due to the time disparity (and our time frame) between Round Robin and Bracket. Because of this, we are considering doing an amateur bracket for people that do not advance. Details are still being worked on for this.

bit.ly/TRT1_Pools

For Smash 4 players, if you can make your presets identical to Evo's WiiU Customs, that'll help speed things up:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13sH3F_-MsF-ymosxVIO6VLHJNoMs0pJgUJEicwLypWs/edit#gid=0

Should PM 3.6 be released at any time this week, we will NOT be using the changes since PMDT typically has an extensive changelog with each update.

Streaming will be announced this week as soon as a schedule is worked out.

Last edited:

Kushamo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-5525-1625
Most of my high school's smash club will be coming, so we'd all probably be looking to face other people. Our tags are Ben%, Tumics, Erectarachnid, DANK, Pkmn, and 9+10. The only conflict I see is with me and Tumics in A1 Melee, but I'm just putting the whole list here so they won't be moved around into each other.
Cheers, and good luck!

Last edited:

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
Could you explain the death bracket to me please?
So everyone who registers at the door the day of the tournament gets stuck in one pool. It could be five people or fifty, they all go into one (presumably bracket) pool and only the top 3 make it out. It's called a "death pool" because it's generally much harder to advance from compared to the pools of preregistered players.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Shenanigan beat me to it. Thanks.

Most of my high school's smash club will be coming, so we'd all probably be looking to face other people. Our tags are Ben%, Tumics, Erectarachnid, DANK, Pkmnm, and 9+10. The only conflict I see is with me and Tumics in A1 Melee, but I'm just putting the whole list here so they won't be moved around into each other.
Cheers, and good luck!
Lemme make sure I have this right. You all listed are friends, but the only current problem is Tumics and Ben% (this is you correct?) being in the same pool? If that is so, we'll fix that tonight.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
So is this gonna be a monthly thing? I won't be able to make it out to any more tourneys until May or June at best.

Scatz

Smash Champion
We don't have the ability to host these type of events on a monthly basis. The growth of this event compared to the last one has doubled in entrants. We have no solid date for the next one, but we're looking to host another around the fall.

Top Bottom