• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Apr 18, 2015] Road to Glory - Qualifier #2 (Eugene, Oregon)

Gamepadnews

Smash Cadet
Last February Smash Bros. competitors from three states in the Pacific Northwest region came together to compete for a chance to win hundreds of dollars in cash prizes as well as their right to enter the seasonal championship.

Come this April another battle will play out to weigh the skills of competitors again to see who has what it takes to fight for the Arena's Season Championship Title in June.

Gamepad Arena
presents

in association with
Big City Gamin'

Road to Glory #2

If you missed out on the first Gamepad Arena's Qualifier you still have this second chance to compete to get an invite and seeding for the Season Finale come this April!

April 18th @ Big City Gamin' (13th & Willamette)
Registration starts at 11am!

$5 online registration ($7 on-site registration)
$5 buy-in per event for cash prizes

Events

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  • Singles - 1 vs 1
  • Doubles - 2 vs 2

Free Exhibition Events!
  • Quads - 4 vs 4
  • Amiibo Exhibition - A vs A

Payouts (from pooled buy-in)
1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

Estimated Prize Pool $200

Rules
Interested in what the rules for Singles and Doubles events will be?
Please CLICK HERE

Additional Info

For more information please see: Gamepad Arena's Website
Find us on Facebook: Gamepad Arena
Keep up with Tweets: Gamepad Twitter

Got any questions? Email: aylaroark@gmail.com

More information and updates coming soon!

Last edited:

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
I may or may not be coming down, but you can bet my champion-amiibo will be there.

I will find a way.

KING SPARKY WILL CONTINUE TO RULE WITH AN IRON FIST!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm glad to see this at Big City Gamin'. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. :)

T0MMY

Smash Master
But smaller venue, their reconstruction is slated for May, so no room for CRTs. But we have a more affordable venue fee than Pixel Battles and their monitors are about as good.
Looking like it'll be fun!

Bombchu Link

Banned via Administration
NNID
Arwing-Y
I didn't do so well in the first qualifier at pixel battles.

I will set aside all my sleeping time to train (harder).

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
Any reccomended way I could send Sparky down @ T0MMY T0MMY & @T1MMY?

I want him to be there, but I've never shipped anything bigger than a letter before.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Not sure there's any Washington or B.C. coming to this so can't give it to someone to deliver.
If you want to ship him via postal mail you could mail him to me and I could deliver him back up next time I'm up there (which would probably be the week after at NWM). I'm not sure how much it would cost, but I'd think it wouldn't be worth the price to have him compete in a side event X^)
If you really wanted you could do an online search for the nearest postal service station (they are usually in plazas) and take him down and they'd give you a quote on how much it'd cost to mail to Eugene, Oregon.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Any reccomended way I could send Sparky down @ T0MMY T0MMY & @T1MMY?

I want him to be there, but I've never shipped anything bigger than a letter before.
Transfer him with Bill's PC and I'll pick him up at the nearest Poké Center. :)
Regular postal mail would probably be too slow for him to get here and enter the tournament. I would have suggested sending him, like, a week ago.

T0MMY

Smash Master
There might be a carpool coming down from Washington actually. Got a message that it might happen. Maybe give Sparky to Robin to bring down here?

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
There might be a carpool coming down from Washington actually. Got a message that it might happen. Maybe give Sparky to Robin to bring down here?
I'm in the Orting-Puyallup-area, if you feel like relaying that to Robin.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Robin didn't end up making it, Omen's two Amiibos ended up going head-to-head. Challenger approaching?

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
Robin didn't end up making it, Omen's two Amiibos ended up going head-to-head. Challenger approaching?
God, I wanted to go, but I can't even make it out to NWM, and that's less than an hour from where I live.

Curse my lack of money AND lack of ride...

I'm sorry that Sparky couldn't make it. I'll try to get him down to the finals whenever it happens.

Top Bottom