• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 12, 2015] Bourbon State Smash #2: The Church of Smash (Louisville, KY)

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard

Bourbon State Smash #2: The Church of Smash
Competitive Singles Tournament
Double Elimination
No Custom Moves
Default Miis

Venue: Something 2 Do
April 12th, 2015
Start time: 12:10 PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/1809989355891900/

If you want to sign up early hit up: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/Ep8FM7dvBC
Just don't forget pay the fees when you get to the event!

PLEASE BRING CASH FOR FEES
Entry fee: 7$ Total
(5$ event fee, 1$ venue fee, 1$ extra prize fee)
PLEASE BRING CASH FOR FEES

First 8 People that bring a setup will not have to pay the extra prize fee!

Bring your own controller. We will have Gamecube adapters on each of the tournament set-ups.

Prize Payout

1st: 50%
2nd. 25%
3rd. 15%
4th. 10%

RULES:
Stage List

---Starter Stages---

● Battlefield
● Omega Palutena's Temple (in place of Final Destination)
● Smashville

---Counterpick Stages---

● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Kongo Jungle 64
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*

* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase.
If Final Destination is banned, Omegas are banned and vice versa

C. Additional Rules

● Stage Striking: For the first round the player with port priority strikes one stage from the Starter Stage list. Then the other player strikes one stage and the remaining stage is used for the first match.
● Stage Clause: You cannot counterpick a stage that has already been played on in the set.
● Stage Bans: After a game, the player who won the
previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counterpick lists. Then the player who lost may choose one of the remaining stages to play on.

I'll have a copy of the stage list at each station, so don't worry.

---The Matches---

Matches will be best 2 out of 3.
The top 4 of the Winner and Loser brackets will become best 3 out of 5.
No items.
3 Stocks.
8 minutes.
Venue Rules:
- Brandy is the venue manager. What she says goes.

- Refrain from cursing. This is still a game store and multiple children do come to browse the store daily.
- No stalling. If you are unsure of what it is, ask one of the organizers.

- Contain the salt. No controller slamming, fight starting, or anything in that aspect.

- No food or drinks near the setups. You wouldn’t want your Wii U smelling like Chipotle, so neither do we.

- Drugs and alcohol are banned from Something2Do. If we see it/smell it on you then pack up and leave.

- Disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. If flagrant, we will penalize or disqualify.

- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc. Keep your controller with you. A good idea is to get a colored twist-tie and put that around the cable of you controller.

- Respect the setups. We all worked hard for our stuff so no damaging anything. You will be perma-banned for this.

- You must register for the event in person, on-time. Once the registration deadline is closed, no further entries will be permitted. You must pay the event and venue fee by the deadline, as well. If you know you are coming and have already contacted me about being a few minutes late you need to pay as soon a you get here. Usually the latest I will allow is about 20 minutes.

- Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, "agreeing to split", etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events, forfeiture of all prizes, and a potential 1 event suspension at the T.O's discretion.

- Do not touch Dag’s laptop. People can get hurt that way. I will disqualify anyone I see messing with it without my permission.

- Failure to follows these rules can get you kicked out with no refund.

There is plenty of food around. Firehouse Subs, Fazolis, Starbucks, Qdoba, etc. You can walk over to Papa John’s in this same strip and grab a pizza, as well.
Let me know if you need to step out to grab some food and I can try to push back your matches, but don’t take too much time. I have the right to mark you as losing the match if you aren’t present.

Last edited:

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
Our last event was crazy successful and we took all the suggestions to heart. People voted at the event and this is what the outcome was!

If you do plan on bringing a set-up, please let me know! We only need about 8 total extra set ups!

Last edited:

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I'll see if I can't make it to this one. Coming in dead last should be fun :D

NessfromOnett

Smash Cadet
I hate to be that guy. But if I came I would be late because church ends at noon. If I give u the names could u register the few people in my group if we get there around 12:10-12:20? If it's too problematic don't bother. We had such a great time b4 that I'd hate to miss out. Thanks!

Last edited:

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
I hate to be that guy. But if I came I would be late because church ends at noon. If I give u the names could u register the few people in my group if we get there around 12:10-12:20? If it's too problematic don't bother. We had such a great time b4 that I'd hate to miss out. Thanks!
No problem at all. Head to the challonge bracket ( http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/Ep8FM7dvBC ) and sign up there and tell me the names of who will be arriving late. I'll make a note that you guys will probably arrive a bit late so I won't start you guys in the first few matches. Just try to get there by 12:30. Also if you need to get a hold of me that day, feel free to add me on facebook and message me there!
You did very well last tournament. I'm excited to see how you do this one!

Last edited:

NessfromOnett

Smash Cadet
I don't have facebook. I'll let u know who's in my group as soon as possible. I signed up, but it doesn't let me sign up more than one. When I find out who's coming do u just want me to give u the names?

Last edited:

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
I don't have facebook. I'll let u know who's in my group as soon as possible. I signed up, but it doesn't let me sign up more than one. When I find out who's coming do u just want me to give u the names?
That works.

Giganterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Giganterra
I'm looking forward to this tournament! Honestly had a great time last time. I want a championship belt!

Giganterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Giganterra
Mii's are in this time right? Are they going to be set up with the right move sets before the tournament? Like mii fighter with 1213 as the name and those move sets for example? I'd like to play a mii if I can but I don't want to have to create one every time.

NessfromOnett

Smash Cadet
Is anyone else as excited as I am about mewtwo and Lucas dlcs? Oh, and miis will be premade on the systems but only moveset 1111 is allowed.

Last edited:

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
We'll have the preset basic miis. So as Lyle said, 1111 until people vote for expanded.

NessfromOnett

Smash Cadet
BTW, I think I would like to have all custom moves allowed. I'm just wondering how that will be implemented, because u can't have one of every possible character on every system. Would the players just have to make their character every time? And if so what if the moves they want aren't unlocked? Also, can u register "Detox" and "Strudel" and "Wildcat"?

Last edited:

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
BTW, I think I would like to have all custom moves allowed. I'm just wondering how that will be implemented, because u can't have one of every possible character on every system. Would the players just have to make their character every time? And if so what if the moves they want aren't unlocked? Also, can u register "Detox" and "Strudel" and "Wildcat"?
Well right now there are people with 3DS Smash that have all customs unlocked, so they bring their 3DS to events and sync them with the WiiUs to unlock all the customs. Currently it's like 80-20 in favor of no customs, so doesn't look like customs will come on for a while.

I have entered Detox, Strudel, and Wildcat into the bracket. Just make you all come to me and tell me the names and pay when you arrive.

NessfromOnett

Smash Cadet
Of course. I may have another person or 2 to enter later on but Idk, thanks

Last edited:

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
Were can learn about these events sooner?
We have a Facebook page that we discuss events on and all that good stuff.

Bourbon State Smash on facebok

Last edited:

SpenyEX

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpenyEXP
How do you guys feel about the idea of 3v3 or 4v4 tourneys?

Giganterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Giganterra
How do you guys feel about the idea of 3v3 or 4v4 tourneys?
If the people demand it we'd be down for it. However not many people voted for a 2v2 tournament last time. So if you come on Sunday spur the conversation and lets see who's interested.

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
Don't forget, first 8 to arrive with a full setup knock a dollar off the venue fee!

Giganterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Giganterra
Played today and I'm super rusty. Got to finely tune some stuff in the next couple days if I don't want a repeat of the Crew battles. Also is anyone legitimately interested in doing teams? I've seen some nasty team combo's lately and I would like to partner up and try it out.

Giganterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Giganterra
Who's excited for Mewtwo next week? I'm sure almost everyone got both version of the game so they can get him early on the 15th. I assuming the patch will come with him. He looks really fun.

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
Played today and I'm super rusty. Got to finely tune some stuff in the next couple days if I don't want a repeat of the Crew battles. Also is anyone legitimately interested in doing teams? I've seen some nasty team combo's lately and I would like to partner up and try it out.
I'm always interested in teams.

Giganterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Giganterra
24 hours from launch! Get that practice in! Remember to bring extra set ups, first 8 get prized fee wavered.

Giganterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Giganterra
Any Lucina Mains coming? I've been practicing her a lot lately and I'm really leaning toward her atm. Suggestions?

Giganterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Giganterra
Had a great time. Some real fun competition this time around. Lots of people are getting better. Makes me happy.

Top Bottom