• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 12, 2014] Tech-nique:[4] A Bi-Weekly GA Tournament Series (Atlanta)

TheMightyPuma

Smash Rookie
Tech-nique is a new bi-weekly smash brothers melee tournament series, started the week after Apex 2014 and stopping only for Cute Cats.

Results Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/tech-nique-results-atlanta-ga.349948/

15% OF THE POT WILL GO TO A POT BONUS FOR THE NEXT CUTE CATS TOURNAMENT! We want Cute Cats to become even bigger than it already is, and a pot bonus is a good way to start!

CURRENT CUTE CATS 6 POT BONUS: $25
PREVIOUS POT BONUS TOTAL: $55

APEX RULES
https://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/
(note: Splitting is not allowed, all matches need to be played out for completion)

Bring setups guys! CRT TVs, Cubes/Wiis, Mem cards, Melee! Try to bring as much/as many as you can, especially TVs!

Melee singles and doubles signups will start at 1:00pm and the tournament will begin no later than 2:00pm (please be on time)
If less than 4 doubles teams are registered by 2:00pm, doubles will be canceled and we will begin with singles.

Depending on time and interest, we will decide to have pools or not, however, pools may not happen if we can't get enough setups so please please bring setups please!

Also if there's time and interest afterwards we can hold exhibition events (money matches, crew battles, mario party, etc). We've held crew battles which were a lot of fun!

NO VENUE FEE!
$5 Melee Singles
$10 Melee Doubles ($5 per person)
Payouts to singles and doubles:
15% to the Cute Cats Pot Bonus!
1st- 50%
2nd- 25%
3rd- 10%
Amateur payouts will depend on the pot size.

If less than 6 teams are registered for doubles, it will be winner takes all (minus the Cute Cats pot bonus).

Klaus Advanced Computing Building. Room #1447. 2447/2443 (directly above the other room) if 1447 is occupied.
266 Ferst Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30332

PARKING:
Peter's Parking Deck should be free after 5PM and on weekends (unless posted otherwise for a sports event).
749 Fowler Street. Here is the link: It is the number 8 building in purple Klaus is 153 http://www.facilities.gatech.edu/map/bldngmodel.php?id=008
If the parking deck is occupied, you can park in Homepark which is the neighborhood directly north of Georgia Tech's campus across 10th street. You can also park on campus (they don't normally check), but at your own risk.

Tournament Organizer- Puma (Adam Coulon: phone = 785.224.5890)

Incenetum

Smash Cadet
If there's a PM thing going on behind the scenes, I'll see if I can go. I really want to see if I can actually go to anything ever because I haven't been to any tournaments yet (unless the tournaments in Melee count where you play against CPU's :I).

Top Bottom