• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 12, 2014] AEX3 (Shillington, PA)

Squidberg

Smash Cadet
What's up guys! The third installment of Atlantic Extravaganza is on its way! Below is some basic information about the tournament. If you have a Facebook, you can find our event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/1402528640007317/

Warm-ups/registrations will be at 11am-12pm. Unfortunately we won't be able to make exceptions for people who are late, so the cutoff is standing at 12pm sharp.

Venue fee (late implementation due to venue switch, sorry guys)
$10.00

Entry fees:
Melee Singles - $5
Melee Doubles - $5 per teammate ($10 per team)
PM Singles - $5
PM Doubles - $5 per teammate ($10 per team)

Prize payouts: 60/30/10

PM and Melee doubles will start up at 12:30pm sharp.
PM and Melee singles will start up at 2:30 (subject to change depending on doubles, but we'll try to keep it as close to this time as HUMANLY POSSIBLE)

We'll be following all standard APEX rule sets
https://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/
https://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/

On a side note, if you're interested in what the previous AEX tournaments were like...

AEX1 - A tournament held in a garage and we had no idea what we were doing, but it ended up being a really fun time anyway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zyUFYeRfj0

AEX2 - After learning from our mistakes and getting a solid venue, we had way more people than initially expected and ran into some bumps in the beginning, but everything turned out to be great once things got rolling (The venue in this video will also be used for AEX3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBEjytCeyNg

You can also watch videos of finals from AEX2 at http://www.youtube.com/user/atlanticextravaganza

Last edited:

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
Is the April 14h date correct? Just clarifying, because that is a regular Monday and many people (like me) have important life things to do, like work or school.

Squidberg

Smash Cadet
Is the April 14h date correct? Just clarifying, because that is a regular Monday and many people (like me) have important life things to do, like work or school.
I accidentally put the wrong date, sorry about that. The actual date is Saturday April 12th. Thanks for pointing that out to me!

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
Ok cool I'm putting this on my radar for April stuff.

Squidberg

Smash Cadet
Hey everybody,
for those of you who aren't on the Facebook page, we've had some troubles with the tournament. Our venue at Allegheny UCC cancelled last minute and I've been running all around Berks County these past few days looking for a replacement venue. After about 10 places declining us we finally found a place that wasn't booked for April 12th.
The new venue is about 10 minutes away from the old one at a hotel called Best Western Plus at 2299 Lancaster Pike, Shillington, PA 19607

That's the good news. The bad news is our last venue was free, and this new venue is far from being free. We're going to have to implement a venue fee of $10. I really hate venue fees but this is our last option other than not having the event at all... So, I'm really sorry about this last minute address change and fee.

The bright side to this is that our last venue had no internet, and this one does. We're in the process of getting our stuff together to stream this entire event online, getting commentators, etc.

Also, yes, there will be a prize payout of 60/30/10 coming directly from the bracket entry fees.

Squidberg

Smash Cadet
Also, one more thing I forgot to mention. The times have changed a little bit (also due to the venue switch)
The new times are: registration/warm-ups - 11am to 12pm
Melee and PM doubles - 12:30
Melee and PM singles - 2:30

Again, sorry for all these last minute switches.

Updog

Smash Rookie
You've got some Marylanders headed your way. Updog and Brett, the nobodies from Baltimore are gonna represent.

Squidberg

Smash Cadet
Any chance of a Brawl event?
There's a chance, but it's a small one. We're pretty much up to our necks running Melee and PM in the same tourney, but there's this one guy who always shows up with a Brawl set-up and asks me all the time if I'll run a Brawl bracket. I always tell him if he can get the resources we'll run a Brawl bracket. So, it's quite possible for AEX4

Squidberg

Smash Cadet
About how many Melee set-ups should be expected? Just curious.
I'm actually in the process of finding that out now. I have access to around 7 tube tvs so right now we're mainly looking for systems and then full PM set ups.
but full Melee set ups, at the moment, I'd say we have between 6 and 9.
PM we have significantly less, but I know we'll have more closer to the time.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Might come to this ;).
There's a chance, but it's a small one. We're pretty much up to our necks running Melee and PM in the same tourney, but there's this one guy who always shows up with a Brawl set-up and asks me all the time if I'll run a Brawl bracket. I always tell him if he can get the resources we'll run a Brawl bracket. So, it's quite possible for AEX4
I'd be down.
:018:

Last edited:

Squidberg

Smash Cadet
Also, could a link to the channel of where this is going to be streamed be provided please?
Yep, we're going to be streaming it on this channel, http://www.twitch.tv/atlanticextravaganza

I'm really sorry bro. You got this though, pretty sure the rest of 717 is going, maybe you guys can still go through with the PA/DE crew battle xD

Is this one actually gonna be streamed?
It's okay man, hopefully you can come to the next one! And yeah, it looks like the crew from 302 is definitely coming now and so is 717. I hope they're still down for a crew battle with 717, because I'm really interested to see how it turns out. We'll be streaming the entire tournament this time, including the crew battle if it happens.

D

Deleted member

For when you make the results thread. I thought I'd share this so you can just copy and paste.
I don't know who everybody used, so sorry if some things are wrong.
AEX3 4/12/14
(29 man tournament)
1.DP

2.Ultima Scout

3.TC

4.Archangel

5.Vorosh

5.Metal Reaper

7.MCO

7.CrescentMonkey

9.gummi

9.JRX